The Student Room Group

The Uni Study Thread Mark IV

Scroll to see replies

First exam on Monday, but really struggling to revise with no access to past papers because it's mcq :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
6 days before first (and worst) exam was really not an ideal time to get food poisoning.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why does British Gas have to be such a joke! Two weeks before my exams start and I have no motivation whatsoever!
first exam done, second on tomorrow, then i can breathe for a day or two till Tuesday! then a week to learn 2 modules and a week after to learn genetics :redface:
Original post by MathsNerd1
Why does British Gas have to be such a joke!

Tell me about it. They said I owe them £240 for my electric bill, then now it's £240 for my gas. I've used nowhere near that amount! Every week they ring me saying they've sorted it, every week it's another huge bill! :mad:
just got an email that my course transfer has been sucessful and i have a place in biology in september!!!! :biggrin: although this means i have even less motivation to revise lol
Original post by LeaX
just got an email that my course transfer has been sucessful and i have a place in biology in september!!!! :biggrin: although this means i have even less motivation to revise lol

Yay, well done!! :smile:
Original post by LeaX

Yay congrats! :biggrin: Don't give up now you're nearly at the end! Do you need to get a certain grade to start in September? If so, definitely don't give up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone here in final year?
Had a nightmare dissertation presentation thing today. Thankfully not marked, but I didn't realise how underprepared I was or exactly how unoriginal my idea was until I had to tell everyone. Time to change it and hope option b works.
Original post by jelly1000
Had a nightmare dissertation presentation thing today. Thankfully not marked, but I didn't realise how underprepared I was or exactly how unoriginal my idea was until I had to tell everyone. Time to change it and hope option b works.

Had a similar realisation today, but about PhD proposals. Gaaah I don't know how to be original!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rayquaza17
Yay, well done!! :smile:

thank you! :biggrin:

Original post by Psyc_Girl
Yay congrats! :biggrin: Don't give up now you're nearly at the end! Do you need to get a certain grade to start in September? If so, definitely don't give up!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by LeaX

We all feel like that at some point! If you need some motivation to study have a read of our handy tips to help you revise efficiently and enjoyably!

- Find your zone and never leave it again (apart from for food and stuff). Whether you work best on your Grandma’s sofa or at your own tidy desk; get comfortable and focus on what you’re trying to complete.

- Swerve the temptation to give into stimulants. They won't help and in the long run you'll spend a fortune.

For more simple tips like these head over to our student blog UnCOVered to find out more: http://blogs.coventry.ac.uk/uncovered/2015/05/06/stress-you-talking-to-me/

^James
Original post by arguendo
Had a similar realisation today, but about PhD proposals. Gaaah I don't know how to be original!

Posted from TSR Mobile

its really hard, either you find there isn't enough information to be able to write at all or its done to death
How's everyone's revising going?
2 exams down 4 to go! next one Tuesday :redface:
Same here!! 2 exams down! 2 more to to go for me though :smile: Next one tomorrow...
Original post by emmnemm
Same here!! 2 exams down! 2 more to to go for me though :smile: Next one tomorrow...

Exam on a Saturday?! Thats horrible!!!
Covered the material for my exam so many times for Monday and re-did my class tests, now sitting here not knowing how else to revise..
Original post by Psyc_Girl
Covered the material for my exam so many times for Monday and re-did my class tests, now sitting here not knowing how else to revise..

any past papers available? writing out essay answers?

Quick Reply

Latest