The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

heard more details of yesterday and is just not ok at all. not even remotely ok. triggery and grim. feeling utterly ****. neverending pain and agitation and upset and despair and crying and triggering and anxiety and depression and paranoid thoughts and racing thoughts and intrusive thoughts and voices. no ****ing point in anything **** this and **** my life
Original post by ScaryScience
heard more details of yesterday and is just not ok at all. not even remotely ok. triggery and grim. feeling utterly ****. neverending pain and agitation and upset and despair and crying and triggering and anxiety and depression and paranoid thoughts and racing thoughts and intrusive thoughts and voices. no ****ing point in anything **** this and **** my life

:hugs: Is it possible to ask people not to tell you any more info about this thing? It's really not helping you, that's obvious, and I don't see how your knowing more would benefit anyone else?

Really hope all this stops soon. :console:
i can't do this anymore, in so much emotional pain.

Please stay safe hun :hugs:
Original post by The_Super_Nerd(:
i can't do this anymore, in so much emotional pain.

:hugs:
Original post by superwolf
:hugs:

Thanks wolf, hope you're doing ok :hugs:

Big hugs hun. :frown: :hugs: Around if you need. :hugs:

x

sorry to hear about things lovely. :frown: I know I'm not great but I'm around. :hugs:
Original post by sherbet_lemons7
sorry to hear about things lovely. :frown: I know I'm not great but I'm around. :hugs:

You're always fantastic. :lovehug:
You're always fantastic. :lovehug:

Not even slightly but thanks lovely. :frown: How are you? :hugs:
Not even slightly but thanks lovely. :frown: How are you? :hugs:

Who dares deny the wisdom of the wolfie?! :mob:

I'm not bad, managed not to crash today (so far at least! :tongue:). You ok? :hugs:
Who dares deny the wisdom of the wolfie?! :mob:

I'm not bad, managed not to crash today (so far at least! :tongue:). You ok? :hugs:

:eek3:
:afraid:
:getmecoat:
:tongue:

Good to hear! :smile: :lovehug: Are you being kind to yourself? :shakecane:
I'll be okay. Just feeling down the past wee while. Voices bad and mood through the floor. :sad: Feeling really alone. :s-smilie:

Spoiler

:eek3:
:afraid:
:getmecoat:
:tongue:

Good to hear! :smile: :lovehug: Are you being kind to yourself? :shakecane:
I'll be okay. Just feeling down the past wee while. Voices bad and mood through the floor. :sad: Feeling really alone. :s-smilie:

I am being very kind to myself. This includes buying all the stuff, playing with all the mice, and generally lolling about being awesome.

Sorry to hear that, especially that you're feeling so alone. :console: You can always message me any time you need someone to speak to though. :smile:
ED

Spoiler

stupid TSR wont let me quote people.

superwolf - thanks. am going back to uni tomorrow and so will be better hopefully. hope you are ok

TheSuperNerd - Thank you, and I'm sorry you are in so much pain :hugs:

Sherbet - Thank you

Pathway - I'm sorry you are suffering. Hang on in there.
What unholy lecturer gives a 94 slide lecture :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi!

I'm not sure this is the right place for my post but hopefully somebody can help :smile:

I have been suffering anxiety/depression related issues for about four years with no help. Today I finally went to my GP about anxiety and she told me to self-refer to my local community services for a course of CBT, and then go back afterwards to discuss if I need beta blockers or antidepressants.

I have two questions for anyone who has done a similar route to me; firstly, my doctor asked me if I was depressed and I said 'I don't think so, I don't know' and we left it at that. However, looking at the questionnaire I have to complete before my telephone assessment with the community services, depression questions are included and tbh I want to answer it honestly. Doing this will mean answering 'most days/lots of days' to a lot of the depression criteria. How would this link with the service? Do they assess you and diagnose or is it just assessing for the purposes of what treatment you need?

Secondly, do you have much say in your CBT? My GP said it would be either one on one or a group session, and either 6, 9 or 10 sessions. My main anxiety comes from situations involving strangers, situations where I don't know who will be there or if I will not know anybody there, etc. Would I be reasonable in requesting one on one sessions at least at first? I really don't think I would be comfortable or able to attend group sessions and I really want to get this sorted, it ruined my first and second year uni grades and now I've graduated it's stopping me from taking part in all of the courses my employer wants to put me on. But, due to the nature of WHY I am going for this treatment, I really don't want to do a group session :frown:

Any thoughts or experiences of others would be really helpful and hopefully calm me down a bit!
cant quote people but infairverona, welcome and well done for seeing the GP. the service wont diagnose you with anything but it will be clear to whoever is assessing you, what your needs are based on the answers to your questions. essentially these types of services will either offer you counselling or CBT... if something traumatic has triggered it then you might get counselling but usually it will be CBT, which will address both the anxiety and any underlying depression.
Secondly, I wouldn't jump straight into it, but if they mention that there is either group or individual, I would bring up at this point that you would rather 1:1. you are well within your rights to do this and this choice will mostly be respected. tbh if it clear that your anxiety has some sort of social element then they may just put you straight onto 1:1. hope this helps somewhat.
Hehe, I'm sure you'll get in! Do you still want more comments on your PS, or now you've done that application is that you set for the now?

I do a bit of origami, but I can't draw for ****. :tongue: My sister got all the drawing genes, and it was me with the fabricky ones. :tongue:

Nah, I did keep it up for a while and I enjoyed it, but I stopped then came back to it and I just kind of lacked the necessary effort. :tongue: I signed up for a set of classes and didn't end up showing up to half of them. I did it enough to get back an ok level of fitness, which was one of my original goals (as well as just having fun), so I'm happy with that. :smile:

How about you, you've been properly into it for quite a while now, right?

I'm taking a bit of a break from writing my PS atm :smile: But I will do soon! I start my volunteering with the gardening group next week :redface: bit nervous but it'll be nice to get out of the house I guess.

They are super cute :smile:

Yeah, I'm currently debating whether £90 is too much money to spend on 3 private lessons :colondollar: I've entered my schools annual competition in September and I desperately need help for my routine but can't get it in class so will have to do privates... and privates are fun, but eep, expensive.

Super tired and mopey tonight. I understand why he won't but I wish my ex would just text me or communicate in someway :frown: He said before he left we'd stay friends, well I don't think not talking for three weeks bar one text message is staying friends :frown:
cant quote people but infairverona, welcome and well done for seeing the GP. the service wont diagnose you with anything but it will be clear to whoever is assessing you, what your needs are based on the answers to your questions. essentially these types of services will either offer you counselling or CBT... if something traumatic has triggered it then you might get counselling but usually it will be CBT, which will address both the anxiety and any underlying depression.
Secondly, I wouldn't jump straight into it, but if they mention that there is either group or individual, I would bring up at this point that you would rather 1:1. you are well within your rights to do this and this choice will mostly be respected. tbh if it clear that your anxiety has some sort of social element then they may just put you straight onto 1:1. hope this helps somewhat.

Thank you. I have asked that the paperwork goes to my GP so when I go back they can see it all and I can discuss any depression issues later. I just need the anxiety sorted at the minute because it's affecting my work so badly.

The GP said it would be either group or individual but I'm hoping from the telephone assessment it will be clear that group sessions wouldn't help me right now. I just thought everyone would probably prefer 1:1 so might be cheeky to ask :frown:

Latest