The Student Room Group

Queens and UU Social work applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Do they send out NHS bursary info once grades are in and places confirmed??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lilyshea
Fran 10. Can u not get onto waiting lists?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello, and yeah I emailed queens for feedback they don't consider people again to August! And I'm on the Magee waiting list :smile: so maybe I still stand a chance just depends how many people reject their offers etc.
Reply 1322
Fran do you know what place you are on the waiting list, because a good few people on here were declining their UU offers, so fingers crossed?!
Does anyone know if you are entitled to an incentive bursary or any grants for the three year ?
Original post by Derrygirl
Does anyone know if you are entitled to an incentive bursary or any grants for the three year ?

I phoned student fiance ni they advised of a dhss bursary £4500 each yr. Look up their online site to see what u can apply for..

Im still undecided about full time r part time lol
[QUOTE="helmcgav;55526241"]I phoned student fiance ni they advised of a dhss bursary £4500 each yr. Look up their online site to see what u can apply for..

Im still undecided about full time r part time lol[/QUOTE
yah I read online it advises that it's only abailable in year two and three :frown:.
what are your reasons for studying full time vs part time ? is it work commitments
[QUOTE="Derrygirl;55526311"]
Original post by helmcgav
I phoned student fiance ni they advised of a dhss bursary £4500 each yr. Look up their online site to see what u can apply for..

Im still undecided about full time r part time lol[/QUOTE
yah I read online it advises that it's only abailable in year two and three :frown:.
what are your reasons for studying full time vs part time ? is it work commitments

I will text my friend she is in her 1st yr c if she got it. Let u no

Yeah i lv my job and less pressure on aasessments but longer time..
[QUOTE="helmcgav;55526605"]

I choose full time because my current job couldn't work around the degree so im handing in my notice shortly. I think you need to write down the pros and cons so you can physically see which one would be better, going from my previous degree their was very little diff in part time and full time. phone the school and explain your circumstance or email the course director :-)
[QUOTE="helmcgav;55526605"]

we are entitled to student finance and the dhssps bursary
[QUOTE="khutchinson06;55526837"]

we are entitled to student finance and the dhssps bursary

are you sure ? even if you're in first year ?
How do we apply for the bursary? I have applied for student finance N.I (but I have a loan already, so it'll be a maintenance loan)
[QUOTE="Derrygirl;55527727"]
Original post by khutchinson06

are you sure ? even if you're in first year ?
They did say at the info night we can apply for both
Original post by Tammyl84
They did say at the info night we can apply for both

I think you can only get the bursary in your second and third year
I think you can only get the bursary in your second and third year

Yeah i think thats right as the bursary is towards travelling to your placement. But they will send us out the forms for this and we are entitled to student finance because i applied and got the offer for 2015/2016
Original post by khutchinson06
Yeah i think thats right as the bursary is towards travelling to your placement. But they will send us out the forms for this and we are entitled to student finance because i applied and got the offer for 2015/2016

yah but the standard student fianance package Isint an awful lot to live off. I hope they still offer It for first years !.
Are you doing the two year or three yeae
Bernie how did you get on xx
[QUOTE="Derrygirl;55526775"]

I choose full time because my current job couldn't work around the degree so im handing in my notice shortly. I think you need to write down the pros and cons so you can physically see which one would be better, going from my previous degree their was very little diff in part time and full time. phone the school and explain your circumstance or email the course director :-)

Yeah she said u get dhss bursary and student finance every yr..

The rumours ive heard/read r incredible lol

Thank u im compiling my lists but think i need to go with my heart social work is my dream career and if everyone else can manage full time not working so can i lol x
yah but the standard student fianance package Isint an awful lot to live off. I hope they still offer It for first years !.
Are you doing the two year or three yeae

not sure still waiting to hear from 2 year but they said they are still doing offers till next week so not sure whether to wait and see or just accept 3 year offer
Reply 1339
does anyone know that if we choose the 2 year route do we get the bursary for both years yeah?

Quick Reply

Latest