The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tpos
Ah ok, that must be it. I just know the hanafi position in that case.

Hanafis do it too :cool:
Reply 9281
Original post by killa78
Hanafis do it too :cool:

Since when? :s-smilie:
Original post by Tpos
Since when? :s-smilie:

Combining prayers for travelling?

You don't stop being a Hanafi because of that - and Sheikh Akram normally does when I go to his talks.
Original post by killa78
Ah, yeah. I guess it really is impossible to hide your identity these days *sigh. Good call though :biggrin:

How are things anyway?

Alhamdulillah all well on my end. Will be starting uni in September (insha'Allah if i can gather the funds)
Reply 9284
Original post by killa78
Combining prayers for travelling?

You don't stop being a Hanafi because of that - and Sheikh Akram normally does when I go to his talks.

I never said anyone stops being hanafi lol
I've just never come across it...I was wondering if this was a modern scholar thing or traditional
Original post by Ibn Fulaan
Alhamdulillah all well on my end. Will be starting uni in September (insha'Allah if i can gather the funds)

Ahh, May Allah make you successful! Ameen.

What have you decided on, and where?
Reply 9286
Original post by killa78

Ameen
Original post by killa78

Ameen
CIty for International politics
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Tpos
I've just never come across it...I was wondering if this was a modern scholar thing or traditional

I actually don't know.
I reckon there's a Hanafi scholar out there somewhere who combined prayers, there must be lol.

If not the fact that sheikh Akram does it, is enough for me.

Generally though, it's not accepted in the school.
CIty for International politics

Didn't take you as the kinda guy who would wanna make sense of international relations :lol:

It's all a huge pain :sad:
Original post by killa78
Didn't take you as the kinda guy who would wanna make sense of international relations :lol:

It's all a huge pain :sad:

I'm afraid you don't know me that well then bro, politics is my thing (and has been for a while)

That it is.

Original post by killa78
I actually don't know.
I reckon there's a Hanafi scholar out there somewhere who combined prayers, there must be lol.

Shaykh Akram does it? I have his fiqh books (I am doing a course with him) and it says no combination except on hajj?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by killa78
I actually don't know.

I know of scholars (hanafi) that do it too for the purpose of travelling.

But yeah its not generally accepted and scholars usually advice against it (mainly I think so people don't combine prayers for no reason).
I'm afraid you don't know me that well then bro, politics is my thing (and has been for a while)

Shaykh Akram does it? I have his fiqh books (I am doing a course with him) and it says no combination except on hajj?

Well, have fun with your incredibly vague concepts and backhand deals that you'll never know of, essentially barring any conclusion you could ever come too.

Really? I'm sure he does it when travelling or maybe it's not a Hanafi opinion then, so his fiqh book wouldn't state to do it.
Reply 9293
Original post by killa78

Exactly. I'm talking about generally not exceptions or the odd ones out
Original post by LotusBlue
I know of scholars (hanafi) that do it too for the purpose of travelling.

But yeah its not generally accepted and scholars usually advice against it (mainly I think so people don't combine prayers for no reason).

Original post by Tpos
Exactly. I'm talking about generally not exceptions or the odd ones out

It's up to you to follow it or not. I wouldn't necessarily say it's a fringe opinion thoughhh

And yep yep - only for travelling (but i've heard even more relaxed opinions which I won't delve into for fear of abuse :lol: )
Original post by killa78
Well, have fun with your incredibly vague concepts and backhand deals that you'll never know of, essentially barring any conclusion you could ever come too.

Really? I'm sure he does it when travelling or maybe it's not a Hanafi opinion then, so his fiqh book wouldn't state to do it.

I will do. Right up my street that is.

Yeah i'll send you the pic on the platform i tracked you down on.
I will do. Right up my street that is.

Yeah i'll send you the pic on the platform i tracked you down on.

Haaa, you waffler, you :tongue:
Bet that's a new one eh?

Yeah, that's cool. I may have to bug him about it then if I see him any time soon iA.
Original post by killa78
Haaa, you waffler, you :tongue:
Bet that's a new one eh?

Yeah, that's cool. I may have to bug him about it then if I see him any time soon iA.

Got the gift of the gab i do.

klkl. You doing anything with him?
Original post by Tpos

I've seen it....but thats because if you are travelling, you'll miss the next prayer. And shortening the prayer to 2 rakats.
Got the gift of the gab i do.

klkl. You doing anything with him?

MashaAllah,

YEah, I undertook his Arabic course but have fallen horribly behind due to uni. It's abit too difficult to do online as well.

Thinking to take some supplementary classes iA

Latest

Trending

Trending