The Student Room Group
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth

|| Falmouth Freshers 2015 ||

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Failinis
I am getting nervous as the finial project deadline is looming and I really need a pass to meet the conditions :s-smilie:

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Horrible isn't it?? My A2 Graphics deadline is Monday... it's come round so quickly! o:
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth
Original post by rsadudley
I know the feeling :frown: what are you studying?? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Foundation Art.
What are you doing?

Original post by charlottei
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Horrible isn't it?? My A2 Graphics deadline is Monday... it's come round so quickly! o:

Monday? I have another 2 weeks so I count myself lucky! Good luck

Fortunately I'm more or less on top of things at the moment... I'm just glad I've got the weekend to finish stuff off. I'm still terrified I'll forget something though. :/

How have you found your art foundation?
Fortunately I'm more or less on top of things at the moment... I'm just glad I've got the weekend to finish stuff off. I'm still terrified I'll forget something though. :/

How have you found your art foundation?

I found it great craic. I was leaning towards illustration anyway before I started, while doing it I really liked printmaking, weaving and textiles but settled into graphics and I thought I should keep planning on being an illustrator of some kind. But it is a great thing to try a lot of things and find strengths.
I really will miss my tutor.
Foundation Art.
What are you doing?

I'm studying pre degree foundation as well!! Worried I was one of the few haha. Have my assessment next week and my end of year show the next. Do you have to put up a show?? What are you planning on doing at falmouth??

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm studying pre degree foundation as well!! Worried I was one of the few haha. Have my assessment next week and my end of year show the next. Do you have to put up a show?? What are you planning on doing at falmouth??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I have a show to put up as well, we start displaying next week, but the final hand in date is a week after so I can push it to 2 weeks deadline.
I done a paper animation for my show which is now filmed, and I just got a photo book of that sent off. Tutor is making me do business cards, greeting cards and book marks etc in paper cut style which is a nightmare.
What are you doing for your foundation?
I intent to do illustration at Falmouth (I just tried animation to see what its like - was such a head ache, fair play to all the animators on here)
(edited 8 years ago)
I found it great craic. I was leaning towards illustration anyway before I started, while doing it I really liked printmaking, weaving and textiles but settled into graphics and I thought I should keep planning on being an illustrator of some kind. But it is a great thing to try a lot of things and find strengths.

Another foundation-er here! :smile:
Similar story to yours, had my eye on illustration but fell in love with textiles so I stuck with that ^_^

I can't believe how soon your shows are! My course still has another month until we're setting up our show

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pocamora
Another foundation-er here! :smile:
Similar story to yours, had my eye on illustration but fell in love with textiles so I stuck with that ^_^

I can't believe how soon your shows are! My course still has another month until we're setting up our show

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wooo :tongue: it's good to know I'm not the only one who will be a year older haha. Very few people seem to be doing it any more :/ and that's cool. I started of the year unsure between textiles and photography and ended up choosing photography. Will miss textiles though :tongue:
I know :/ it's crazy right?? This year has gone so quickly though I can't wait to get to falmouth :tongue: where do you come from??

Posted from TSR Mobile
EVERYBODY CHECK YOUR EMAILS!

I just got my offer for accommodation through! :biggrin: Maybe yours will be on the way as well.

I've managed to get an en-suite room in Glasney Student Village which is exactly what I wanted, so I'm pretty delighted haha. It doesn't mention whether it's a single or mixed gender flat, and whether I got allocated a quiet room, but that doesn't matter to me too much at the moment. Woo I'm so relieved :smile:

Yeah that does sound like a lot of fun. And I know the feeling - I'm really going to miss my tutor too. Well... I'm going to miss one of them. The other, not so much, aha.
Who just got the email offer from accommodation? I did!
Original post by Stefan_H

Me! Where is your offer for?
Me! Where is your offer for?

En Suite in Glasney Village! I'll probably accept it tonight, I hope they tell us the flat we're in then. Maybe we'll be able to find our flatmates pre move-in

ME!! got Glasney:P
En Suite in Glasney Village! I'll probably accept it tonight, I hope they tell us the flat we're in then. Maybe we'll be able to find our flatmates pre move-in

Original post by daphnesx
ME!! got Glasney:P

Yay, that makes three of us in Glasney! And yeah I hope we get told our flats soon too, it would be so cool to meet some of the people we'll be sharing with before we arrive...
Yay, that makes three of us in Glasney! And yeah I hope we get told our flats soon too, it would be so cool to meet some of the people we'll be sharing with before we arrive...

I have Glasney too :biggrin: so please haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have Glasney toooo! So pleased! :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by cmaudholmes
I have Glasney toooo! So pleased! :biggrin: :biggrin:

It suddenly feels so real :tongue: what are you studying??

Posted from TSR Mobile
It suddenly feels so real :tongue: what are you studying??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm studying Fine Art! I know, this was the last thing i was waiting for, I've got everything sorted, student finance, student bank account, accommodation, DONE!
what are you studying?
Original post by cmaudholmes
I'm studying Fine Art! I know, this was the last thing i was waiting for, I've got everything sorted, student finance, student bank account, accommodation, DONE!
what are you studying?

That's cool :smile: and that's really exciting :tongue: still got a tiny bit of finance though and the whole bank account thing haha happy to have accommodation all done though :smile:
And I'm studying photography :smile: what do you do at the moment??

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's cool :smile: and that's really exciting :tongue: still got a tiny bit of finance though and the whole bank account thing haha happy to have accommodation all done though :smile:
And I'm studying photography :smile: what do you do at the moment??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm on a Gap Year, working lots & doing some art when i can!
I've already got my results so its really nice knowing that i'll definitely be in Falmouth in September! :biggrin: still doesn't seem real though hahah!
what are you doing at the moment? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest