The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by somemightsay888
No, Arsene's also there every match, he'll have took note of the defence and how they play with Ospina behind them, it's obvious to everyone they all look more comfortable. Not sure if Woj is the type of guy to rot on the bench or be happy with the odd League Cup outing though. Wonder if he'll leave?

Its more to do with the fact our defense sinse Ospina'a come in has been our starting back 4 rather than Chambers Mert Monreal Gibbs. It has HUGELY distorted his statistics. He isn't a keeper who'll keep you in the game as was shown vs Monaco, he's just a solid keeper who'll make very few errors but also no worldie saves.

Last season our defense had the joint most clean sheets in the league, Szs does silly things sure, but if he can get them out of his game (which will be easier for him to than it will for Ospina to grow 4 inches), then he still has the potentisl to be class.

Also, am I tye only one who doesnt see united doing all that well next season? With lvg there they have no chance, not tactically good enough and when he loses his gk to real in the summer he'll rectify the situation by going out and spending £60mil on a striker. They are still a MILE off for a team who's spent £200mil in the last 2 seasons
Original post by Arkasia
Yeah, but that's just not true, is it?

I think that GK get better as they get older but that just wouldnt be the case with Szczesny

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ProNoob
I think that GK get better as they get older but that just wouldnt be the case with Szczesny

Posted from TSR Mobile

Szczesny is 25, which is very young for a goalkeeper (most peak at around 28). Last year he kept the joint highest amount of clean sheets in the league, and aside from those few games which I highlighted, he was very, very good. By your logic, he has another 10 years of possible top-level football, and I personally believe he will hammer out his issues and become a very good, very consistent keeper.
Problem with GK is that we'll have to pay way over their value for a decent one. Tbh I'd still take Lloris even if it was for £30mil. Add in Benteke for the same price and I'd be very happy even without stengthening our CB or CDM (actually cdm is still precarious, Ciq has gone off a little bit and if he gets injured we're in trouble). Man like Milner is a shout for depth too
Original post by leinad2012
Its more to do with the fact our defense sinse Ospina'a come in has been our starting back 4 rather than Chambers Mert Monreal Gibbs. It has HUGELY distorted his statistics. He isn't a keeper who'll keep you in the game as was shown vs Monaco, he's just a solid keeper who'll make very few errors but also no worldie saves.

Last season our defense had the joint most clean sheets in the league, Szs does silly things sure, but if he can get them out of his game (which will be easier for him to than it will for Ospina to grow 4 inches), then he still has the potentisl to be class.

Also, am I tye only one who doesnt see united doing all that well next season? With lvg there they have no chance, not tactically good enough and when he loses his gk to real in the summer he'll rectify the situation by going out and spending £60mil on a striker. They are still a MILE off for a team who's spent £200mil in the last 2 seasons

Can't help but cry, especially when it actually happened :frown:
Original post by TornadoGR4
The Leeds thread is actually the best for pure football talk. Likewise with the Sunderland, Newcastle & Villa threads. Top club threads get ruined by kids who care more about the brand of their club than the game of football.

I don't think it's individuals in particular, just the way it goes unfortunately.

I agree this is why I hate fans of top clubs
Original post by Arkasia
Can't help but cry, especially when it actually happened :frown:

At least if jenk stays that will never happen again
At least if jenk stays that will never happen again

Jenk would still be third choice though.
Original post by TornadoGR4
Question: Would you rather have Arsenal fold, or have the entire SkyBet League 2 fold?

Entirety of League 2. But I'm a Liverpool fan and we're a bigger club than Arsenal, so it's different.
Original post by Arkasia
Jenk would still be third choice though.

Nah I'd put him as solid second if not first. It's hard to tell whether he'd be ahead of a fit Debuchy but he's still a better defensive option than Bellerin imo. I'd rather Jenk Walcott on the right than Bellerin Welbs
Nah I'd put him as solid second if not first. It's hard to tell whether he'd be ahead of a fit Debuchy but he's still a better defensive option than Bellerin imo. I'd rather Jenk Walcott on the right than Bellerin Welbs

Jenk works well with Walcott and Ox, but Bellerin definitely adds something to the right side, especially when playing with Ramsey. Debuchy is probably our best defensive RB, Bellerin is probably our best offensive, and Jenk is a more rounded option.
Original post by Arkasia
Jenk works well with Walcott and Ox, but Bellerin definitely adds something to the right side, especially when playing with Ramsey. Debuchy is probably our best defensive RB, Bellerin is probably our best offensive, and Jenk is a more rounded option.

nah mate it's all about Carlamberlain on the right. One touch, two touch...whatchu want?
#VVVObsessed

Quotes me 3 times in a row, calls me obsessed.

K then.
Original post by Depleted
Quotes me 3 times in a row, calls me obsessed.

K then.

You're obsessed with Arsenal, just focus on the **** your own club in doing, 3 losses in a row #PulisBusParkingServices
Original post by Dr. Django
nah mate it's all about Carlamberlain on the right. One touch, two touch...whatchu want?

Bayern away, top match #JenkoWon'tBeHappyI'veSaidThat
Original post by Arkasia

Completely agree, Bellerin is a better option against the bottom half who we can afford to throw the fullbacks forward against, Jenko for the 6-10 where both defence and offence is needed and Debuchy for the big games where a strong fullback is needed
You're obsessed with Arsenal, just focus on the **** your own club in doing, 3 losses in a row #PulisBusParkingServices

That there some good bitterness. Don't worry, maybe next season you can mount a title challenge. I don't care about Arsenal anyway, small club and always will be.
Bayern away, top match #JenkoWon'tBeHappyI'veSaidThat

again with these hashtags wtf do you guys bum each other or something
Someone's #salty

Latest