The Student Room Group

English Literature Edexcel GCSE

Just out of interest on the drama and prose paper, what grade would 23/60 be?
I think it's either a C or a D but just need to confirm 😁

Sorry just to clarify I'm doing the IGCSE
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Are you doing higher?
Im doing Animal Farm section A and Of mice and Men (40).

The grade boundaries vary depemding on how people did. plus i thought it was out of 89 marks?
Reply 2
Original post by fiya31
Are you doing higher?

The grade boundaries vary depemding on how people did. plus i thought it was out of 89 marks?

I think I'm doing higher? Or I'm doing the international gcse, sorry should've made it clear.
I'm doing OMAM and View
Reply 3
Don't worry I've got it, thanks for the response though :P
Original post by fiya31
Are you doing higher?

Hey I'm doing the exact same thing! How you feeling? I Think this year will be slim for the 40 mark question
Reply 5
Original post by A*GLORYHUNTER
Hey I'm doing the exact same thing! How you feeling? I Think this year will be slim for the 40 mark question

I don't even know but my school do not actually about literature and put more focus on Language :frown:.
Its not enough time for section A and B. One hour and forty five minutes is too little.
Also, how many paragraphs do your write for the 40 mark, I was told 8-9 inc the intro and conclusion.
How you feeling?
Original post by fiya31
I don't even know but my school do not actually about literature and put more focus on Language :frown:.
Its not enough time for section A and B. One hour and forty five minutes is too little.
Also, how many paragraphs do your write for the 40 mark, I was told 8-9 inc the intro and conclusion.
How you feeling?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYJjWEGqGiA&index=3&list=PLWe3mwAmPUBcBDmXdkZbxMcWRnB6ROltC
This guy is a legend!!

Im feeling good for Section A for English lit but section B im kind of ready,
i am guessing 7 perceptive paragraphs including intro and conclusion will be good 5 strong PEE paragraphs with accurate spelling and grammar could get you full marks, remember it is about quality

But for the poetry i am super ready and language im not ready at all but hey atleast we have half term.
I mean lit for section A is easy
question a) 5 good points with 5/6 pieces of evidence is good (10/15 mins)
question b) 3-4 PEE paragraphs analysing perceptively with no conclusion
question c) 3-4 PEE Paragaphs about ONE event not so bad

Section B- im guessing its exploring significance of slim !!

English language is easy!!
How you feeling
Reply 7
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYJjWEGqGiA&index=3&list=PLWe3mwAmPUBcBDmXdkZbxMcWRnB6ROltC
This guy is a legend!!

Im feeling good for Section A for English lit but section B im kind of ready,
i am guessing 7 perceptive paragraphs including intro and conclusion will be good 5 strong PEE paragraphs with accurate spelling and grammar could get you full marks, remember it is about quality

But for the poetry i am super ready and language im not ready at all but hey atleast we have half term.
I mean lit for section A is easy
question a) 5 good points with 5/6 pieces of evidence is good (10/15 mins)
question b) 3-4 PEE paragraphs analysing perceptively with no conclusion
question c) 3-4 PEE Paragaphs about ONE event not so bad

Section B- im guessing its exploring significance of slim !!

English language is easy!!
How you feeling

Completely nervous. I really do not enjoy poetry, it's just so unecessary. Also in poetry apparently they changed the two questions where it was required for the students to write answers for two question ( 15 and 15), now it's become one comparative 30 mark question. I'm doing the relationship anthology by the way.

Wait...is that how your teacher taught you to answer section A for the animal farm?
My teacher said to do the following:
a) 8 mark extract question: 4 para
b)12 mark extract question as well: 5 para
c) 16 mark + 3 spag: 6-7 para
Original post by fiya31
Completely nervous. I really do not enjoy poetry, it's just so unecessary. Also in poetry apparently they changed the two questions where it was required for the students to write answers for two question ( 15 and 15), now it's become one comparative 30 mark question. I'm doing the relationship anthology by the way.

Wait...is that how your teacher taught you to answer section A for the animal farm?
My teacher said to do the following:
a) 8 mark extract question: 4 para
b)12 mark extract question as well: 5 para
c) 16 mark + 3 spag: 6-7 para

4 PARAGRAPHS FOR 8 MARK!! i doubt you have to do any more than 2/3
Reply 9
4 PARAGRAPHS FOR 8 MARK!! i doubt you have to do any more than 2/3

That's what i mean by not having enough time! So much to write on top of 40 mark question.
Original post by fiya31
That's what i mean by not having enough time! So much to write on top of 40 mark question.

Trust me thats wrong !!

Quick Reply

Latest