The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

KCL Postgraduate Applicants/Offer Holders 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by stykutluvaaron
Hey Eva! I'm in the same position too! Submitted my application by the end of February and still haven't heard from them. I have offers from other universities and I've got to make a decision soon. Hopefully our offers are on the way haha!

Hey! I got tired of waiting since it's already approaching the 11th week since I put forward my application.

So I emailed them saying I have secured a scholarship [which in all truthness I just applied ;p] and I need to know the outcome of the application.

6 hours later, BAM got the offer :biggrin:

MSc Accounting Accountability and Financial Management
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 221
Haha, smart move!
Original post by eva_aman
Hey! I got tired of waiting since it's already approaching the 11th week since I put forward my application.

So I emailed them saying I have secured a scholarship [which in all truthness I just applied ;p] and I need to know the outcome of the application.

Haha congratulations!! I got an offer too!! Now choosing between this or International Management :smile:

Maybe I should do that too. I've got a conditional offer from RHUL and I'm eligible for a scholarship. The deadline's on the 18th of this month and I have to accept my offer to apply. It's been 9 weeks since I submitted my application to King's and now, I'm running out of time.
Reply 224

That's sick news, I might try that myself :tongue:

Do you know anyone else who has applied to the International Management program? Apparently it's meant to be a highly-competitive program, yet I've only seen one other applicant? I applied 28th of March and still have yet to receive any update whatsoever, did they ask you for an interview or you got the offer straight away? Also, what are the conditions for your offer?
Original post by ahm_osm

Do you know anyone else who has applied to the International Management program? Apparently it's meant to be a highly-competitive program, yet I've only seen one other applicant? I applied 28th of March and still have yet to receive any update whatsoever, did they ask you for an interview or you got the offer straight away? Also, what are the conditions for your offer?

Hey there! I applied for International management around the end of feb and received an offer around a week ago, so i know it's a pain to have to wait for so long for a decision. My condition is a cgpa of 3.3 :biggrin:
Reply 226
Hey there! I applied for International management around the end of feb and received an offer around a week ago, so i know it's a pain to have to wait for so long for a decision. My condition is a cgpa of 3.3 :biggrin:

Congratulations on the offer!

So basically, I'll have to wait another month -.-. Very nerve-wrecking tbh. Also I'm currently studying at a French university with a French-grading system. Would you have any idea how much a 3.3 GPA converts to for the french grading system? Im currently around a 13/20 for my degree, and could possibly be bumped up to 14/20 depending on my exam grades.
Original post by bcarterc
Thanks! I'm pretty excited! I'm waiting to hear back from LSE and I have to decide between King's, UCL, and Bath, but King's is definitely my top choice as for now.

Good luck, I'm sure it's coming soon! The wait is the hardest.
Hopefully we'll be coursemates then!

Congrats for your offer ! :biggrin:
I also have an offer from the same programme !
And I am waiting for an answer from UCL, and I have an interview for Sciences Po (last step ...).
What makes you choose King's on top?
I have to choose between great universities and it feels like I'm drowning ... :s-smilie:
Finally, I'm french and I am not sure whether Sciences Po is well-regarded in UK (and internationally) for IR. As much as King's/UCL? More? Less? What's your point ?

Thanks.
And again congrats :smile:
Received an offer for MA Modern History yesterday :biggrin:
Well, no need to send any 'threatening' messages because I just got an offer for the MA in English: 1850-Present! :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 230
Original post by Charlotte1717
Congrats for your offer ! :biggrin:
I also have an offer from the same programme !
And I am waiting for an answer from UCL, and I have an interview for Sciences Po (last step ...).
What makes you choose King's on top?
I have to choose between great universities and it feels like I'm drowning ... :s-smilie:
Finally, I'm french and I am not sure whether Sciences Po is well-regarded in UK (and internationally) for IR. As much as King's/UCL? More? Less? What's your point ?

Thanks.
And again congrats :smile:

Hey! Im currently an international student at Edinburgh University and I applied for both KCL Political Economy and SciencesPo International Security.

After all the research I have been doing for the past few months I can say that Sciences Po is a very good school and also a member of the professional schools of international affairs association, which makes it very reputable and internationally recognised like LSE and Graduate Institute of Geneva for ex. However, SciencesPo is more recognised in Europe than in USA and beyond. SciencesPo is good if you want to work in Europe plus from what I know it offers students to do an internship in your last semester in your 2nd year of your masters. BUT In addition to that, if you look at the university rankings such as TimesHigherEducation and QS KCL and UCL are in the top 20.
SciencesPo is basically the French version of LSE and the top uni to go to in France and in Europe for IR, but LSE is more internationally recognised.

Anyway, I got my offer from KCL last week and I accepted it as I was tired of waiting from Sciences Po... its been 2 months since I sent my application and still no "admissible"! I must confess that after weighting the pros and cons, I don't regret accepting KCL, because first of all it's one year instead of two years at Sciences Po, it is internationally recognised and the employers know that it is a good school and that the school exists, and finally it is in London, which makes it easier to apply for English speaking jobs after you graduate compared to if I did it France.

Anyway both Sciences Po and KCL are very good schools, but I would think more about career options like what the school can offer you after the completion of your degree and what you want to do after graduation. I would have chosen Sciences Po if I got the offer before KCL, but as I am still waiting and already got KCL Im just gonna stick to that :biggrin:
Hi guys, has anyone who applied at the end of March received an offer yet for a MSc on HR? Looks like there is about a 10 week gap per offer from the application stage. :frown:
Reply 232

Hey I was wondering whether you + any other International Management applicants did the GMAT test? I submitted my application without doing the GMAT test....
Original post by ahm_osm
Hey I was wondering whether you + any other International Management applicants did the GMAT test? I submitted my application without doing the GMAT test....

Hey there,

No worries I didn't take the GMAT either :smile: and for your previous question about converting the GPA system to the french one - I'm sorry I am not really familiar with the french system so I couldn't answer you on that!
Reply 234
Hey there,

No worries I didn't take the GMAT either :smile: and for your previous question about converting the GPA system to the french one - I'm sorry I am not really familiar with the french system so I couldn't answer you on that!

Ah that's somewhat of a relief, now it's just a waiting game i guess....
Original post by xoJessicaAnn
How long did it take from interview to offer for you? :smile: Congrats

Just over a week :smile:
Original post by ahm_osm

Hi!

The condition for my offer is GPA 3.5 and IELTS 7 :biggrin:
Reply 237
Hi there, im a MSc Risk Analysis applicant from the Netherlands.
Im assuming many of you have received an offer by now, so congrats!

Could you please help me with the following:
I send in my application in early februari of this year. At the end of March, I was shocked to find a request for an additional referee. Not an uncommon request, but odd nonetheless, considering I already had four (both academic and professional)! I honoured the request and have been waiting for a response ever since. Document status still says 'received' for most of my academic records and 'Document is OK' for my diploma and references. Reflecting on your own experience, what would you guys make of this? Good news?
For now, im just super glad it wasnt a rejection.

Any other applicants for this specific programme?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by YulianaRus
Application submitted for Msc China and Globalization couple of days ago. Now thinking about submitting for the Msc Governance of China.
On my online app it says all the documents are not yet reviewed. I wonder how long it will take them

Did you receive an offer for this? I applied for two courses, had an interview and offer from one but for the China one, not even recognition!
Reply 239
Original post by dasha93
Hey! Im currently an international student at Edinburgh University and I applied for both KCL Political Economy and SciencesPo International Security.

Dont know if its worth anything, but in the Netherlands a dilpoma or certificate from SciencesPo opens many doors. Especially when it concerns political or public policy studies! Its quite a reputable university!
Kings, ofcourse, is also highly valued, but it is not as widely known as SciencesPo. That is, amongst the 17 million Dutch.

You made a wise decision applying to both :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest