The Student Room Group

A2 OCR Chemistry B F334 - June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Hey xD
I notice that you were on the f334/5 thread last year. I was just wondering whether you were retaking or just browsing through the thread ?
Sorry for being nose :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi all,

I have finally managed to get hold of all of the June 2014 papers and I have created a zip folder containing them all.

Feel free to distribute them round.

Callum
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-EbxUSm2w_1X00yT2hRN0VvdFU/view?usp=sharing
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by callumbarltrop
Hi all,

I have finally managed to get hold of all of the June 2014 papers and I have created a zip folder containing them all.

Callum

Thanks, really appreciate it
Original post by pinkgorilla
Hey xDI notice that you were on the f334/5 thread last year. I was just wondering whether you were retaking or just browsing through the thread ?Sorry for being nose :')Posted from TSR Mobile

meh I like nosey. And I'm retaking. :smile:. Yourself?
Reply 44
Hi all,I have finally managed to get hold of all of the June 2014 papers and I have created a zip folder containing them all.Feel free to distribute them round.Callumhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-EbxUSm2w_1X00yT2hRN0VvdFU/view?usp=sharing
OMG!! Thanks you very much for this!!!! You legend, much appreciated :smile:
Original post by EggsterminateMe
meh I like nosey. And I'm retaking. :smile:. Yourself?

Oh right. What did you get last year of you don't mind me asking ?
And this is my first time xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh right. What did you get last year of you don't mind me asking ?
And this is my first time xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah okay. I got a C last year. It was such an unusual paper
Hi all,

Callum

Thank ye!
Does anyone have any tips on exam technique? I'm fine on the content but I find the exam papers really hard :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fionaday
Does anyone have any tips on exam technique? I'm fine on the content but I find the exam papers really hard :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The mark scheme is normally harsh on questions that come up regularly and understanding the context the question is in can help answer the 'suggest' questions. Get a sophisticated understanding of the spec when handling these application questions so you can make links and understand what the examiners expect you to know. Chemical ideas, official revision guide and mark schemes help with phrasing answers using correct terminology especially words underlined in mark schemes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
Hey all :smile: I'm doing this exam too. can anyone explain the role of shells and how it minimises the effect of co2 in the oceans. I've seen a past question to explain the equations but I really don't get it :frown:
Does anyone have any general tips for calculations? I lose hideous amount of marks over them! I am fine with rate, entropy and equilibrium ones, it's just some of the acid ones and the moles/calculating mass ones!
Remembering all the reagents and conditions is so annoying
Original post by LordGaben
Remembering all the reagents and conditions is so annoying

There's website called memrise where you can make flashcards if you haven't already heard of it. I found this useful for learning the conditions! It quizzes you on them and just helps to do it every day! 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lifeistoff
There's website called memrise where you can make flashcards if you haven't already heard of it. I found this useful for learning the conditions! It quizzes you on them and just helps to do it every day! 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you very much
When talking about why substances appear coloured, a point that usually features on mark schemes is that "the complementary colour is transmitted". Can somebody explain this? I had thought that if a substance was red, then it means that the complementary colour to red was being absorbed, not transmitted?
Reply 56
Original post by BrokenS0ulz
When talking about why substances appear coloured, a point that usually features on mark schemes is that "the complementary colour is transmitted". Can somebody explain this? I had thought that if a substance was red, then it means that the complementary colour to red was being absorbed, not transmitted?

basically if a substance is red it is reflecting/transmitting red light. it absorbs the complementary colour so in this case blue. the mark scheme is just saying it the other way.. so it absorbs blue light and the complementary colour is transmitted/reflected (red light)
hope this helps!
(edited 8 years ago)
How is everyone feeling towards this exam?
How is everyone feeling towards this exam?

Pretty good. Just analysing the spec closely and using the mark scheme to practise my wording of those common long answer questions. What about you?
does anyone have a sheet with all the reagents and conditions we need to know for this exam? would be much appreciated.

Quick Reply

Latest