The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
if im being honest memory strategies and child care practices are very very very unlikely to come up as 12 markers simply because there is not enough material to cover either the a01 or a02 the latter but we do know aqa and they would most likely do something like this
Original post by K3lvin
if im being honest memory strategies and child care practices are very very very unlikely to come up as 12 markers simply because there is not enough material to cover either the a01 or a02 the latter but we do know aqa and they would most likely do something like this
what would you even put about child care practises, what's the a02
Reply 302
Original post by SunDun111
what would you even put about child care practises, what's the a02

This is exactly my point, for a02 it basically contradicts the a01 because the a01 is basically the a02 as those are the aspects that have been put in place and this is why only the a01 side can come up rather than the a02 and as a 12 marker hence the unlikely possibility but u know aqa.....
Original post by K3lvin
This is exactly my point, for a02 it basically contradicts the a01 because the a01 is basically the a02 as those are the aspects that have been put in place and this is why only the a01 side can come up rather than the a02 and as a 12 marker hence the unlikely possibility but u know aqa.....

It is really unlikely, it seems a really pointless question to be a 12 marker. I do not have 12 marks of material worth because as you said, you can't really distinguish the AO2 from AO1
Original post by reub
Can anyone give me a hand explaining or post any notes or details on long-term disruption of attachment?

Cheers. :smile:

This is just from memory but from what I can remember long term disruption is basically hospitalisation which occurs for whatever reason - for example if the child is put into a hospital because either them or the parent is ill - it can result in weakened attachment upon reunion and possibly hostility (depending on how old the child is etc..) most of the studies focus on care provided.

''Bowlby’s >> Maternal Deprivation Hypothesis <<<suggests that continual disruption of the attachment between infant and primary caregiver (i.e. mother) could result in long term cognitive, social, and emotional difficulties for that infant''

for example the robertsons did two studies > one of them was an observation of the little boy called John who had to be hospitalised due to his mum being in hospital - the nursers who took 'care' of him were unresponsive a lot of the time and there was a high staff turnover so none of them really spent a lot of time with the boy. John slowly became emotionally detached..he became very anxious and was observed 'clutching onto his teddy bear' and retreating into the corner of the room - withdrawn and distressed. When his mother came to pick him up John refused to see her and ran away , very upset.

In contrast the Robertsons also did a naturalistic study in their own home. They had i think 4 kids stay with them as their mum was in hospital giving birth or something like that. now , the kids were often allowed to visit the mum, brought their own toys with them and the care provided by the Robertsons was sensitive and equal for all. There was no distress or any hostility and the kids were happy and active and there was so no difference when they returned to their mothers.
I think that's it lol ^
Original post by fudgeboy989
If the essay in the social influence section was to outline and evaluate the role of minority influence in social change, what would the ao1 be? Would it be minority putting their ideas forward while being non dogmatic etc. snowball effect occurs and minority view becomes majority view. Or it that wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah the ideas of one person acts as a catalyst.. slowly slowly through snowball effect the views are accepted by majority forming social change. Eg recycling, Rosa parks etc.

The minority must remain flexible consistent and relevant (expand with examples on these points)

I got 12/12 this in my mock but cant even remember it too well now :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
So I'm an A2 student who is re-sitting Psychology unit 1 as I got a B grade last time. I'm finding the 12 marks tough on what exactly to say. Does anybody have any helpful tips on them? Thanks.
Original post by ssn2125
Hi, does anyone know if we have to know about schemas for psya1, it's in the book but it's not in the spec :/

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Schemas is no longer needed to be known.
Anything not on the specification is not needed.
Original post by QueenSI
I'm having serious issues with revising for PSYA1 is it possible to still get a good grade with 4 days of intense revision?? I'm struggling to remember the studies. and how do I cram? ?

It is completely possible depending on how you carry out your revision and how you learn.

I find that writing everything you can by hand helps. Write notes on one section, e.g. Multi-store model, then do all the past paper questions on that topic and carry on until you reach the end of your revision - then do at least a few full papers to check timings and stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile
It is pretty ironic that we are having to memorise memory strategies o.o

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 310
can i have some evaluation points in detail please for the john study on disruption of attachment please if this arrives as a 12 marker
Reply 311
I find writing essays for each topic a better way to revise. Can I memorise the essays by Monday for psya1? 12 essays?
Original post by QueenSI
I find writing essays for each topic a better way to revise. Can I memorise the essays by Monday for psya1? 12 essays?

Yep, really won't take you long at all if you do quite a few a day up until the exam
Reply 313
Original post by geeee11
Yep, really won't take you long at all if you do quite a few a day up until the exam

Thankk youu:h:
What questions could we use Zimbardosprison study for ???
Reply 315
Hi, I'm a little confused. You know studies that support, for example the duration for short term memory. Do they support the MSM or is it supporting the Short-term memory capacity. So would the study of Peterson & Peterson 1959 be A01 or A02?:s-smilie:
are conclusions classed as A01 or A02
AO2 because it's research support for the short term memory duration.
Reply 318
Original post by farahfarouk
AO2 because it's research support for the short term memory duration.

:h:Thank youuu
Wait you can use sperling which tested Sensory memory for supporting research of MSM right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending