The Student Room Group
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth

|| Falmouth Freshers 2015 ||

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cmaudholmes
I'm on a Gap Year, working lots & doing some art when i can!
I've already got my results so its really nice knowing that i'll definitely be in Falmouth in September! :biggrin: still doesn't seem real though hahah!
what are you doing at the moment? :smile:

Ahh that's really cool :smile: and yeah that must take a lot of the stress away :smile:
I'm studying pre degree I have to get a merit to get in :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth
Ahh it's so nice to see everyone pleased with their offers! :biggrin:

Has anyone accepted their offer yet? And if you have, are you immediately allocated your room/flat/block?? I'm just wondering when they let you know...
Original post by charlottei
Ahh it's so nice to see everyone pleased with their offers! :biggrin:

Has anyone accepted their offer yet? And if you have, are you immediately allocated your room/flat/block?? I'm just wondering when they let you know...

Just did mine, & it just says: "Your payment has been processed.Thank you for accepting your offer of accommodation. You should receive an E-Mail confirmation of your acceptance. If you do not receive the E-Mail message please contact the [email protected].". In the email it says that they'll contact you in a couple of weeks before you arrive inviting you to complete an online induction and to book an arrivals date and time slot. :smile:
Original post by rsadudley
Ahh that's really cool :smile: and yeah that must take a lot of the stress away :smile:
I'm studying pre degree I have to get a merit to get in :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah i'm pretty chilled out now for the rest of the summer!!
aw good luck! I'm sure you'll smash it :smile:
Wooo :tongue: it's good to know I'm not the only one who will be a year older haha. Very few people seem to be doing it any more :/ and that's cool. I started of the year unsure between textiles and photography and ended up choosing photography. Will miss textiles though :tongue:
I know :/ it's crazy right?? This year has gone so quickly though I can't wait to get to falmouth :tongue: where do you come from??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I'm really surprised at how many people are going straight from A-Levels! I've loved my foundation course :tongue: And I'm sure you can use the textiles facilities if you want to!

Yeah definitely :smile: I'm from Wiltshire, you?

Also anyone else in Sidings?!! I can't be the only one :biggrin: bit sad I'm not in Glasney but hey ho x
Original post by Pocamora
Yeah I'm really surprised at how many people are going straight from A-Levels! I've loved my foundation course :tongue: And I'm sure you can use the textiles facilities if you want to!

Also anyone else in Sidings?!! I can't be the only one :biggrin: bit sad I'm not in Glasney but hey ho x

Yeah, I think they are cutting the funding for third years at colleges. Or at least at mine they are :/ but it's been super useful definitely don't regret doing it. And I hope so haha. Definitely bring my sewing machine with me haha :tongue:
Ahh that's cool. How long does it take you to get to falmouth?? I'm from portsmouth :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey I'm a first year at Falmouth. Originally wanted to be at Glasney but got given accommodation and the Sidings. Luckiest thing to ever happen :wink: Don't think just because it's not on campus and it's not a "village" that it's not as sociable and fun. Glansey folk are always over here trying to crash our parties :tongue:
You'll enjoy it trust me, plus you'll always come across someone who says they wish they were at the sidings. If you really don't like it, there's always opportunity to switch in second term.
(edited 8 years ago)
yeah i'm pretty chilled out now for the rest of the summer!!
aw good luck! I'm sure you'll smash it :smile:

Ahh that's lucky :tongue: and thanks :smile: I do hope so :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, I think they are cutting the funding for third years at colleges. Or at least at mine they are :/ but it's been super useful definitely don't regret doing it. And I hope so haha. Definitely bring my sewing machine with me haha :tongue:
Ahh that's cool. How long does it take you to get to falmouth?? I'm from portsmouth :smile:

Aw that's a shame :/ yeah I've learnt SO MUCH on the foundation! so useful :smile:
Aha hope it's not too heavy :wink: might make moving in even harder!

I think it's supposed to take 4 hours but my mum's impatient so we do it in 3 and a half :tongue: how about you?

Original post by Novascope
Hey I'm a first year at Falmouth. Originally wanted to be at Glasney but got given accommodation and the Sidings. Luckiest thing to ever happen :wink: Don't think just because it's not on campus and it's not a "village" that it's not as sociable and fun. Glansey folk are always over here trying to crash our parties :tongue:
You'll enjoy it trust me, plus you'll always come across someone who says they wish they were at the sidings. If you really don't like it, there's always opportunity to switch in second term.

Aw that made me feel a lot better! Thanks, Nova! What's it like getting to and from campus everyday (assuming you're studying at Penryn)? I've heard that it's a just 10min walk?
(edited 8 years ago)
Aw that's a shame :/ yeah I've learnt SO MUCH on the foundation! so useful :smile:

I think it's supposed to take 4 hours but my mum's impatient so we do it in 3 and a half :tongue:

Aw that made me feel a lot better! Thanks, Nova! What's it like getting to and from campus everyday (assuming you're studying at Penryn)? I've heard that it's a just 10min walk?

Haha glad you feel better! You'll like it here :smile:
Also getting to campus is a straightforward walk, yeah just 10 mins. Or if you're super lazy like me you can take a bus outside of the sidings to campus in 5 mins haha.
Original post by Novascope
Haha glad you feel better! You'll like it here :smile:
Also getting to campus is a straightforward walk, yeah just 10 mins. Or if you're super lazy like me you can take a bus outside of the sidings to campus in 5 mins haha.

Yeah I'm looking forward to the sofas too! Looks lush :wink:

Ah that's not bad at all then :tongue: Hopefully that walk won't be too off-putting for nights out.

I think it's supposed to take 4 hours but my mum's impatient so we do it in 3 and a half :tongue: how about you?

Yeah it definitely has been. I'm looking forward to moving away though. Been at the same college for three years now :/ ahh I'm sure it will be fine haha it's definitely to important to leave :tongue:
I guess that's not to bad. It's probably going to be quite far for most people with the location and everything. And it takes me around five hours when I'm driving but if my dads driving about three and a half haha. Hoping to bring my car if I can get a space in the long stay car park :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah it definitely has been. I'm looking forward to moving away though. Been at the same college for three years now :/ ahh I'm sure it will be fine haha it's definitely to important to leave :tongue:
I guess that's not to bad. It's probably going to be quite far for most people with the location and everything. And it takes me around five hours when I'm driving but if my dads driving about three and a half haha. Hoping to bring my car if I can get a space in the long stay car park :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow three years? Went to a separate college for my foundation so I don't blame you for wanting to move! :tongue:
Haha still a long time either way :wink: Yeah that should be good. Do you need a permit for the car park if you're a student?
Wow three years? Went to a separate college for my foundation so I don't blame you for wanting to move! :tongue:
Haha still a long time either way :wink: Yeah that should be good. Do you need a permit for the car park if you're a student?

Yeah haha it's quite a small college as well so it feels like I know everyone :/ and I guess that's kinda cool :smile: Did you do a levels before your pre degree?? yeah it's a little far but I'm kinda looking forward to the change :tongue: and yeah I think it's about £30 then a £2 every time you want to take your car out or something. Not to bad plus it's an easy quick way home :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just did mine, & it just says: "Your payment has been processed.Thank you for accepting your offer of accommodation. You should receive an E-Mail confirmation of your acceptance. If you do not receive the E-Mail message please contact the [email protected].". In the email it says that they'll contact you in a couple of weeks before you arrive inviting you to complete an online induction and to book an arrivals date and time slot. :smile:

Ahh okay, so it looks like we're going to have to wait a little while then.

Oh well, it's just nice to know I've got my accommodation place. :smile: Thanks!

Has everyone got their accommodation offers in now, or are some people still waiting, I wonder?
didn't apply for accommodation in time and have ended up in shared rooms, i'm quite far down the list (didn't apply till late april, about the 28th, mainly because the accommodation website didn't work for a while and i had a lot of problems with the process so ended up getting the application done about 10 days after i actually tried to do it the first time) is anyone else in the same boat where they were only offered shared rooms? my sister used to live in falmouth so i can use the flat she lived in but i feel like if i'm not living in student halls i will miss out on making friends/parties etc, does anyone know if rooms will actually free up?
Original post by charlottei
Ahh okay, so it looks like we're going to have to wait a little while then.

Oh well, it's just nice to know I've got my accommodation place. :smile: Thanks!

Has everyone got their accommodation offers in now, or are some people still waiting, I wonder?

I wouldn't have thought we'd find out until everyone gets their A Level/foundation/etc. results. Theres no point in allocating rooms to people who may not even end up going if ya know what i mean?
I wouldn't have thought we'd find out until everyone gets their A Level/foundation/etc. results. Theres no point in allocating rooms to people who may not even end up going if ya know what i mean?

Haha that's a really good point actually. I guess I was just getting a bit overexcited to find out as much as possible!

Is anyone else totally reinvigorated about going to Falmouth in September? Having an accommodation offer makes it feel so much more real... I keep find myself imagining what it will be like, aha. (:
Reply 198
I'm in the same situation! I'm coming from Scotland to do the dance and choreography course and have been told there is only shared rooms available. Pretty nervous as I'v no idea who I will be sharing with and I'm not sure when you find that kind of thing out? anyone know? and anyone any info on what shared rooms is like?
Original post by Abbey45
I'm in the same situation! I'm coming from Scotland to do the dance and choreography course and have been told there is only shared rooms available. Pretty nervous as I'v no idea who I will be sharing with and I'm not sure when you find that kind of thing out? anyone know? and anyone any info on what shared rooms is like?

Although I've not been allocated a shared room personally, I've just accepted my offer and reading through the info I found that you're not provided with the details of your room (presumably including who you're sharing with) until just before moving in. As cmauldholmes said, it makes sense as they need to know exactly who is coming before they can start allocating specific rooms.

So yeah it looks like you might have to wait a little while. :/
Sorry you didn't manage to get your first choice by the way

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending