The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ScaryScience
just got back to uni. feel low as hell. also just before he went, dad couldn't resist mentioning how I 'look like a completely different person now I've packed on so much weight'. thanks a lot. try being as ill as I am constantly and not turning to drink/drugs/food/something which helps to take the pain away. also he found the book 'reasons to stay alive' and was questioning me about it. feeling ****.

:hugs: As for the book he was probably concerned, what parent wouldn't be?

Spoiler

Was actually able to go into town today and buy something which I needed to buy. I wasn't completely comfortable with the amount of people there were, but it was actually okay. :biggrin:
All nighter and the low testosyerone chronic tension heart worry is bavk. I'm back to being a depressed beta male :frown:
Original post by PandaWho
Yeah i started last week, so tired when i get home, how i used to do this more than 2 nights a week i dont know!!!

But the weeks super busy as i have first aid training all day saturday aswell as my normal hours!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done on your first week at work then! :five:

just got back to uni. feel low as hell. also just before he went, dad couldn't resist mentioning how I 'look like a completely different person now I've packed on so much weight'. thanks a lot. try being as ill as I am constantly and not turning to drink/drugs/food/something which helps to take the pain away. also he found the book 'reasons to stay alive' and was questioning me about it. feeling ****.

:hugs: Sounds crap all round, but at least you're back at uni now.
Original post by superwolf
Well done on your first week at work then! :five:

:hugs: Sounds crap all round, but at least you're back at uni now.

Original post by moment of truth
Good luck for your exam Pathway! You will be great! :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you :hugs: i think it went ok. i dont know. i didnt bother checking it lol

how are you?
First session of CBT, didn't cry once, success.
I'm not sure wether I have OCD or if I'm just a perfectionist.
Please don't reply saying talk to your parents, or go to the doctors because I'm 12 years old and I don't want to tell my parents.
I have to do 'compulsions'. For example, run up the stairs in 10 seconds or someone in my family will die. When I fail to do these things, I have to reassure myself again and again that everything will be alright. If I do something wrong I feel the need to pace up and down and start tapping.The volume of the tv needs to be on an even number. If it's not, I need to start tapping my hand against my leg, to try and stop something bad happening. Sometimes, I have a vision that my mum or someone close to me has been killed, and I can't go to sleep until I see her. I often get horrible unwanted thoughts about death. I try to block them out but I can't. I have to arrange things in certain orders. I get very cross if someone messes it up, and it often bugs me all day, because I think something bad will happen. I also do things a specific number of time. So, I like to do things 4 times. I cannot bear the number 13 or 17. I often feel very anxious about small things. These are just some of the things that make me think I am ocd. Please answer as soon as you can. Thank you. I really appreciate it.
I still can't shake the deadweight feeling of feeling low :frown: depression is so debilitating.

Although, I've been taken out of some of my exams this summer and am doing a year 14 at school to help with my health and I feel okay about that. It's nice to have something be positive about and I'm glad my school have been as supportive as they possibly could.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm not sure wether I have OCD or if I'm just a perfectionist.
Please don't reply saying talk to your parents, or go to the doctors because I'm 12 years old and I don't want to tell my parents.
I have to do 'compulsions'. For example, run up the stairs in 10 seconds or someone in my family will die. When I fail to do these things, I have to reassure myself again and again that everything will be alright. If I do something wrong I feel the need to pace up and down and start tapping.The volume of the tv needs to be on an even number. If it's not, I need to start tapping my hand against my leg, to try and stop something bad happening. Sometimes, I have a vision that my mum or someone close to me has been killed, and I can't go to sleep until I see her. I often get horrible unwanted thoughts about death. I try to block them out but I can't. I have to arrange things in certain orders. I get very cross if someone messes it up, and it often bugs me all day, because I think something bad will happen. I also do things a specific number of time. So, I like to do things 4 times. I cannot bear the number 13 or 17. I often feel very anxious about small things. These are just some of the things that make me think I am ocd. Please answer as soon as you can. Thank you. I really appreciate it.

What realistically do you want us to say? If you're suffering from those symptoms then the best thing to do is seeing a doctor, and preferably rely on a support network like your parents or school. None of us can diagnose you, nor should we. If you think you're mentally ill, the very best advice I can give is to try and get a grip on the situation as soon as possible, by going to your GP as a first point of call. Yeah it's scary, and it might initially seem like it causes more trouble than it cures, but trust me a life of untreated mental illness sucks way more than you can imagine. :sadnod:
Original post by Pathway
thank you :hugs: i think it went ok. i dont know. i didnt bother checking it lol

how are you?

I'm sure it went well! :hugs:

I'm okay, not really doing much, how are you?
What realistically do you want us to say? If you're suffering from those symptoms then the best thing to do is seeing a doctor, and preferably rely on a support network like your parents or school. None of us can diagnose you, nor should we. If you think you're mentally ill, the very best advice I can give is to try and get a grip on the situation as soon as possible, by going to your GP as a first point of call. Yeah it's scary, and it might initially seem like it causes more trouble than it cures, but trust me a life of untreated mental illness sucks way more than you can imagine. :sadnod:

PRSOM. The bolded bit especially.
Had my college interview yesterday... And it went well, i just need to pass my maths and i will be able to go on the course. :woo:

I also had a meeting this morning which is setting support in place for me in college, it went well and i now know who will be supporting me and stuff that i will be given to help me... :woo:

Todays been a good day. :smile:
struggling a lot. just looked at past paper essay questions for tomorrows exam and they are hilariously difficult. I don't even understand the terminology in the question, let alone be able to even begin to construct some sort of answer. this is disastrous. having visions of having to retake the year *shudders*
Original post by Midnightmemories
Had my college interview yesterday... And it went well, i just need to pass my maths and i will be able to go on the course. :woo:

I also had a meeting this morning which is setting support in place for me in college, it went well and i now know who will be supporting me and stuff that i will be given to help me... :woo:

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

struggling a lot. just looked at past paper essay questions for tomorrows exam and they are hilariously difficult. I don't even understand the terminology in the question, let alone be able to even begin to construct some sort of answer. this is disastrous. having visions of having to retake the year *shudders*

:hugs: I hope they give you a more straightforward set of questions, you're a smart person and I've got a lot of faith in you. :smile: Even if you did have to redo the year it might not be the end of the world - I took years to get my degree! :tongue:
Awesome, let me know how the volunteering goes. :smile: And PM me any time about the PS too.

I'd actually say £90 for three private lessons is pretty good going, assuming that's an hour each time. It's a lot of money, yeah, but if it's something you're passionate about and that you really want to advance in then I think it'll give you a lot more confidence. :yy: And I've spent a ton of money on my hobbies/mice recently, because I know I'll get something good out of it.

:hugs: Hope you're feeling better today.

I might go for it.... maybe. Yes. No. Lol

Bit better, speak of the devil and he shall appear... got a text today at work from him which stuffed me up for a bit but yeh, it's odd. I want to talk to him but talking to him just makes me sadder because he's not here...

Been feeling really light headed and rough all day, think I'm coming down with something. :frown:
Original post by kiss_me_now9
I might go for it.... maybe. Yes. No. Lol

Bit better, speak of the devil and he shall appear... got a text today at work from him which stuffed me up for a bit but yeh, it's odd. I want to talk to him but talking to him just makes me sadder because he's not here...

Been feeling really light headed and rough all day, think I'm coming down with something. :frown:

Hi k_m_n :hi:

Oooh what to study?
Original post by Danny the Geezer
Oooh what to study?

Child Care.. :smile:
Child Care.. :smile:

Good luck :smile:

Latest