The Student Room Group

C3 - trig

Scroll to see replies

Yes, that's your answer.
Reply 21
Original post by morgan8002
I don't see an image, but factorising is the way to go. Do you see where to go now?

The image is posted below, is that correct? I'm sorry that it took so long....
image.jpgCan someone please tell me how are the two equations identical. I dont know how you to end up from the top identity to the second identity
Original post by john122334455
image.jpgCan someone please tell me how are the two equations identical. I dont know how you to end up from the top identity to the second identity

You need to be able to recognise the sin, cos and tan of 0, 30, 45, 60, 90 degrees and the equivalent in radians.
tan45o=1\tan 45^o=1
Reply 24
Original post by john122334455

Do you not recognize tan 45 from a "special" triangle? (I think perhaps this is GCSE knowledge you may have forgotten, but I may be mistaken.)

If not, draw yourself a right-angled triangle with a 45 degree angle in it. What must the remaining angle be? So what type of triangle do you have?
Original post by davros
Do you not recognize tan 45 from a "special" triangle? (I think perhaps this is GCSE knowledge you may have forgotten, but I may be mistaken.)

We didn't get taught it until C2. Eiher way it's a useful thing to remember.
Reply 26
Original post by morgan8002
We didn't get taught it until C2. Eiher way it's a useful thing to remember.

Really? That't terrible! (Not you, I mean - it's terrible that something that basic isn't taught as part of GCSE trig.)
Original post by davros
Really? That't terrible! (Not you, I mean - it's terrible that something that basic isn't taught as part of GCSE trig.)

I agree. A lot of people I know forget it by second year too, becoming too reliant on calculators.

Quick Reply

Latest