The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

i made a stupid decision to go to a talk on something and it triggered me. think i might be dissociating. very freaked out, don't quite know how to stop it and i have so much to do
Original post by superwolf
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

:hugs: I hope they give you a more straightforward set of questions, you're a smart person and I've got a lot of faith in you. :smile: Even if you did have to redo the year it might not be the end of the world - I took years to get my degree! :tongue:
Thanks, I just don't have a clue. my own fault entirely but that's the way it is. :/ ah well. not much I can do now
failing to see the point in anything :cry:
I survived three courses in a restaurant!!! :eek3: With other people!!! :headfire:
Original post by arguendo
i made a stupid decision to go to a talk on something and it triggered me. think i might be dissociating. very freaked out, don't quite know how to stop it and i have so much to do

Try to think that it's something you have learned from; you know its something that can trigger you, and you can take steps to prevent it happening in the future.

I've also put myself into situations which have triggered me in some way, remember that each time you go through something like this you can come out of it better prepared for the future :hugs:

If you're having trouble focusing, try making lists to organize your thoughts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
how do people function like this I just feel ill and my muscles are dissolving in my bedroom
Original post by Meaty_man
Try to think that it's something you have learned from; you know its something that can trigger you, and you can take steps to prevent it happening in the future.

I've also put myself into situations which have triggered me in some way, remember that each time you go through something like this you can come out of it better prepared for the future :hugs:

If you're having trouble focusing, try making lists to organize your thoughts.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you :smile:

it's weird, it didn't used to trigger me at all, but recently it has a couple of times - so it is definitely an avoid subject for me from now on. i'll try the lists idea, thank you
Original post by sherbet_lemons7
I survived three courses in a restaurant!!! :eek3: With other people!!! :headfire:

well done! :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
i dont think im a real perosn
I can confirm that you are real :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The disability department at my uni caused me alot of stress today and ended up having a panic attack. Not a big one but the first one I've had in a while.

Left me a bit exhausted and triggered my IBS. Just lying in a dark room now wishing I could go to sleep but it's a bit early. :frown:

--------
Hugs to everyone else who is suffering at the moment.
(edited 8 years ago)
I just noticed that there's a hole in the microwave where microwaves could leak out :s-smilie: should I put gaffer tape over it or?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
I just noticed that there's a hole in the microwave where microwaves could leak out :s-smilie: should I put gaffer tape over it or?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where's the hole, says Rob?
Original post by Pathway
i dont think im a real perosn

You are :hugs: would talking help?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If it's not a hole that was there before i'd probably say you need to get a new microwave, but don't know :s-smilie:

it's like the bit with the dials on it has came apart from the main body of the microwave, leaning a crack at the side where it should be clicked into place but doesn't. it's about maybe 2-3mm wide

Posted from TSR Mobile
it's like the bit with the dials on it has came apart from the main body of the microwave, leaning a crack at the side where it should be clicked into place but doesn't. it's about maybe 2-3mm wide

Posted from TSR Mobile

Might be ok, hard to tell, but if it's the landlord's see if they'll replace it. :smile: - a wise bearded one :beard:
Microwaves are pretty cheap these days I'd suggest getting a new one in case that one is hazardous.
Might be ok, hard to tell, but if it's the landlord's see if they'll replace it. :smile: - a wise bearded one :beard:

ah okay, I only noticed there when I realised I could see the light coming out the side :redface: I'll take a photo of it and send it to the estate agent people and see what they say :smile: thank you o wise bearded one :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by arguendo
thank you :smile:

it's weird, it didn't used to trigger me at all, but recently it has a couple of times - so it is definitely an avoid subject for me from now on. i'll try the lists idea, thank you

We all change over time, for various reasons. Anxiety never used to be an issue for me, but in recent years my depression has taken a backseat while anxiety has been my problem.

Best of luck to you while you work things out :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Forgive me but i did giggle at this out of context :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest