The Student Room Group

uni place on results day

I know that uni's receive your results the weekend before we do but I was wondering how long it would take before your offer became unconditional or rejected. Results day is on the 13th August so would it show on track first thing in the morning or later that day or the day before etc? Or does it show at different times depending on how busy your uni is? I also don't have an insurance so would it show quicker for me or doesn't it make a difference? Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
yeah your UCAS application is updated on the day you get your results
Original post by r-t
I know that uni's receive your results the weekend before we do but I was wondering how long it would take before your offer became unconditional or rejected. Results day is on the 13th August so would it show on track first thing in the morning or later that day or the day before etc? Or does it show at different times depending on how busy your uni is? I also don't have an insurance so would it show quicker for me or doesn't it make a difference? Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=49277035#post49277035

If your unis have made a decision then it should show on Track first thing....but about 15% of applicants each year have no change or definite answer on Track first thing - they have to get their results and ring their unis to find out where they stand.
Original post by PQ
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=49277035#post49277035

If your unis have made a decision then it should show on Track first thing....but about 15% of applicants each year have no change or definite answer on Track first thing - they have to get their results and ring their unis to find out where they stand.

Let's say we have a student on a gap year who decides to retake some a-level modules

Do you know what happens if you have a conditional offer but your grades havent been cashed in?

And if your grades do get cashed in, your overall grade meet the conditional offer

Will the uni understand whats going on?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by (CH3)4 - Si
Let's say we have a student on a gap year who decides to retake some a-level modules

Do you know what happens if you have a conditional offer but your grades havent been cashed in?

And if your grades do get cashed in, your overall grade meet the conditional offer

Will the uni understand whats going on?
Posted from TSR Mobile

To be honest I have no idea what you're asking.

Are you retaking modules? If so have you put them in your application as pending?

If you have and your exams officer has arranged for those modules then the results and new overall grade should be sent to your unis automatically.

If your pending qualifications on your UCAS application don't match the exams your taking or you don't think your exam centre has arranged your retakes properly then get that sorted out. Delays in getting your results through are likely to cause problems.
Original post by PQ
To be honest I have no idea what you're asking.

Are you retaking modules? If so have you put them in your application as pending?

If you have and your exams officer has arranged for those modules then the results and new overall grade should be sent to your unis automatically.

If your pending qualifications on your UCAS application don't match the exams your taking or you don't think your exam centre has arranged your retakes properly then get that sorted out. Delays in getting your results through are likely to cause problems.

Yes, i will be retaking some modules in order to improve my overall a-level grades. Yes, i have put them as pending.

It's just that my exams officer hasnt applied for my cash-ins for the overall a-levels. Does this mean my overall grades wont improve even if i exceed the ums needed for the next grade?

If you dont cash-in, you dont get new grades/certificates, right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, i will be retaking some modules in order to improve my overall a-level grades. Yes, i have put them as pending.

It's just that my exams officer hasnt applied for my cash-ins for the overall a-levels. Does this mean my overall grades wont improve even if i exceed the ums needed for the next grade?

If you dont cash-in, you dont get new grades/certificates, right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's my understanding but I'm not an exams expert (my background is in UCAS/universities).
8am results morning is when track should update :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Your results get updated to UCAS at midnight, so you'll be able see whether you've gotten in or not on the website.
Original post by PQ
That's my understanding but I'm not an exams expert (my background is in UCAS/universities).

Well, thats my conditional offer gone then :erm:

Hmm, i guess if i explain the situation to my uni and apply for cash-ins on results day, the uni will understand :yes:

Thanks anyway, friend
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thecatwithnohat
Your results get updated to UCAS at midnight, so you'll be able see whether you've gotten in or not on the website.

No

A levels get sent through to universities the weekend before.

Universities spend Mon/Tues/Wed making decisions and sending them to UCAS.

If the decision is with UCAS by 5pm on Wed it will show on Track on Thurs morning (usually 8am ish but UCAS haven't released their times for this year yet)

15% or more applicants will have NO CHANGE to Track first thing on results day - thats more than 1 in 7 applicants....and no change doesn't mean anything other than a slow university.

Oh and UCAS will NOT display results and universities cannot discuss your results with you until you collect them from your exam centre.
(edited 8 years ago)
Well, thats my conditional offer gone then :erm:

Hmm, i guess if i explain the situation to my uni and apply for cash-ins on results day, the uni will understand :yes:

Thanks anyway, friend
Posted from TSR Mobile

Speak to your exams officer now...don't wait just get your entry changed now so that it all goes smoothly.

Unis can't hold your place beyond August 31st except in exceptional circumstances...if you can't get this sorted now then you should explain it NOW to your unis. If you wait til results day then they will have less flexibility to help you.
Original post by PQ
No

A levels get sent through to universities the weekend before.

Universities spend Mon/Tues/Wed making decisions and sending them to UCAS.

If the decision is with UCAS by 5pm on Wed it will show on Track on Thurs morning (usually 8am ish but UCAS haven't released their times for this year yet)

15% or more applicants will have NO CHANGE to Track first thing on results day - thats more than 1 in 7 applicants....and no change doesn't mean anything other than a slow university.

Oh and UCAS will NOT display results and universities cannot discuss your results with you until you collect them from your exam centre.

Ah, last year my friend got hers around midnight :ashamed2: unless I completely misunderstood what she was saying or she was simply telling porkies :rolleyes:
Original post by PQ
Speak to your exams officer now...don't wait just get your entry changed now so that it all goes smoothly.

Unis can't hold your place beyond August 31st except in exceptional circumstances...if you can't get this sorted now then you should explain it NOW to your unis. If you wait til results day then they will have less flexibility to help you.

Yes, i have emailed my exams officer and i gave them the cash-in codes for my exams today but they havent replied to me. So i'm hoping they'll tell me that they have applied for my cash-ins tomorrow

If they dont reply, i'll be sure to chase them up. And if they cant amend my entries, i'll defo inform the uni asap

Do you know if there is a deadline for modifying exam entries/applying for cash-ins?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thecatwithnohat
Ah, last year my friend got hers around midnight :ashamed2: unless I completely misunderstood what she was saying or she was simply telling porkies :rolleyes:

In 2004 Track went live at midnight. It was a disaster because noone was in the office except the IT people.

In 2005 Track went live at midnight for about 1 minute by accident.

From 2006-2011 track went live "mid morning" (UCAS words) around 6am (in reality)

From 2012 onwards UCAS have said track would go live by 8am. It has actually gone live at 7.30ish.

The rumour about midnight will not die :frown: (so sorry to jump on your post - you're far from alone from being told the rumour and you wont be the last....you're the first for 2015 for me though:wink:)
Yes, i have emailed my exams officer and i gave them the cash-in codes for my exams today but they havent replied to me. So i'm hoping they'll tell me that they have applied for my cash-ins tomorrow

If they dont reply, i'll be sure to chase them up. And if they cant amend my entries, i'll defo inform the uni asap

Do you know if there is a deadline for modifying exam entries/applying for cash-ins?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Like I say I'm not an exams expert. I know applicants have to meet offer conditions by Aug 31st - thats a UCAS/university rule. I don't know the details from an exam centre side of things.
Original post by PQ
In 2004 Track went live at midnight. It was a disaster because noone was in the office except the IT people.

In 2005 Track went live at midnight for about 1 minute by accident.

From 2006-2011 track went live "mid morning" (UCAS words) around 6am (in reality)

From 2012 onwards UCAS have said track would go live by 8am. It has actually gone live at 7.30ish.

The rumour about midnight will not die :frown: (so sorry to jump on your post - you're far from alone from being told the rumour and you wont be the last....you're the first for 2015 for me though:wink:)

:laugh: darn it.
Original post by PQ
Like I say I'm not an exams expert. I know applicants have to meet offer conditions by Aug 31st - thats a UCAS/university rule. I don't know the details from an exam centre side of things.

Ok. Thanks for your advice

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Thanks guys, from what I have gathered from your responses, track will be updated from 8am onwards on results day if my uni isn't slow. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending