The Student Room Group

Election Exit poll...

So 316 for tories and 238 or so for Labour. 2 for UKIP? Surely these statistics are completely absurd, right?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Let's pray for a conservative win:smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
It's easy to say that, but last time that same Exit Polls was perfectly precise. :frown: it's unfortunate and five years is a VERY long time but it's a democracy and we have to accept it.
Reply 3
Lets pray that Labour will win
Lower uni fees 4 the win!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was expecting a hung parliament and the exit poll has shocked me, I guess we will have to just wait :s-smilie:

Deep down, really deep down I had a feeling this would happen though but really really really deep down!
Original post by The two eds
So 316 for tories and 238 or so for Labour. 2 for UKIP? Surely these statistics are completely absurd, right?

It's the BBC...Tory bias

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by arminb
It's easy to say that, but last time that same Exit Polls was perfectly precise. :frown: it's unfortunate and five years is a VERY long time but it's a democracy and we have to accept it.

I'm really sorry (I don't believe the polls) for your loss.
my Dad voted Tory should I disown him?
Reply 8
I'm genuinely upset with the exit polls expected so much more for Labour... 5 more long years now of Tory tenure 😑

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Smash Bandicoot

Similar thoughts running through my head about members of my family...
YouGov exit poll:
CON 284
LAB 263
LIBS 31
SNP 48
UKIP 2
PLAID 3
GREEN 1

Apparently reporters are receiving a text from Labour that they should go with the YouGov poll because it's a more realistic outlook and it has been more reliable in the past.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Smash Bandicoot

Did you vote labour? if so then yes, he shall not be called your 'dad' a second longer! :biggrin:
Exit poll was very accurate last time but the sample is small so may not be quite so accurate this time round. YouGov poll looks more likely.
Original post by Mutleybm1996
It's the BBC...Tory bias

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really? If anything BBC is and has always been pro Labour
Original post by hdindak
anyone who voted tory needs to **** off and die- serious lacking of any kind of compassion or empathy..
and if you're working class and voted tory- you're just a ****ing idiot

Will you leave the country if Labour do not win?
Original post by mogwai98
Similar thoughts running through my head about members of my family...

just last night he said 'I'm not happy with the Tories' smh

his reasoning is 'well we need more austerity we have no other choice' 0_0

not like this 'austerity' is hitting the upper-middle class psuedo-aristocrats is it…

Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Did you vote labour? if so then yes, he shall not be called your 'dad' a second longer! :biggrin:

so hard to say goodbye to old ties, but this is unforgivable :tongue:
Reply 16
Original post by hdindak
anyone who voted tory needs to **** off and die- serious lacking of any kind of compassion or empathy..
and if you're working class and voted tory- you're just a ****ing idiot

Please enlighten me, how should I become more compassion and empathetic? Is telling people to '**** off and die' and good start?
Chill, Ed got this...
Reply 18
Original post by small_circles
Anyone who didn't vote tory clearly doesn't value or want an efficient government who for the last 5 years have done a fantastic job....why not take your own advice:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, a highly efficient government which completely missed some of its key goals.
Original post by The two eds
Really? If anything BBC is and has always been pro Labour

... is a popular mantra with the low IQ end of the tory support.

Even if the BBC was involved in a pro labour conspiracy where's the advantage in talking up their chances after the polls have closed?

Quick Reply

Latest