The Student Room Group
University of Buckingham
University of Buckingham
Buckingham
Visit website

AMA:I graduated from the University of Buckingham

Hello Internet,

I studied Economics with Applied Computing at the University of Buckingham. I started January 2012 and finished my course December 2013. I graduated 20th March 2014.

I came to the University through clearing after missing out on one grade by 2 points but I think Buckingham has been a better fit than the University I was going to go to.

When I was looking at Buckingham through clearing I found it very difficult to find reviews/information online since most of our students are international and the university is very small anyway. I spent most of my time in the humanities building but I had friends in all of the departments (apart from the medical school since that hasn't opened yet)

So, ask me anything/feel free to message me if I can help.

Jordan
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by nekolain
Hello Internet,

I studied Economics with Applied Computing at the University of Buckingham. I started January 2012 and finished my course December 2013. I graduated 20th March 2014.

I came to the University through clearing after missing out on one grade by 2 points but I think Buckingham has been a better fit than the University I was going to go to.

When I was looking at Buckingham through clearing I found it very difficult to find reviews/information online since most of our students are international and the university is very small anyway. I spent most of my time in the humanities building but I had friends in all of the departments (apart from the medical school since that hasn't opened yet)

So, ask me anything/feel free to message me if I can help.

Jordan

Hi,
add AMA to the thread title please:smile: should get more replies
University of Buckingham
University of Buckingham
Buckingham
Visit website
where is Buckingham?
Reply 3
In the town of Buckingham in Buckinghamshire. It's a pretty small place; 20 minutes away from Milton Keynes by bus.
Reply 4
Hello Internet,I studied Economics with Applied Computing at the University of Buckingham. I started January 2012 and finished my course December 2013. I graduated 20th March 2014.I came to the University through clearing after missing out on one grade by 2 points but I think Buckingham has been a better fit than the University I was going to go to.When I was looking at Buckingham through clearing I found it very difficult to find reviews/information online since most of our students are international and the university is very small anyway. I spent most of my time in the humanities building but I had friends in all of the departments (apart from the medical school since that hasn't opened yet)So, ask me anything/feel free to message me if I can help.Jordan
What did you do between December (after you finished your course) to March (when you graduated) ? Were you still attending uni?
Reply 5

Where were you originally going to go to?
is it a good university for law ?
Hello,
I'm considering applying to the University of Buckingham but I have a few doubts. The school happens to be one of the few schools that offer the Fast Track program and that's the main thing attracting me to it. I'm US citizen and I would appreciate if anyone can give me a little information about the school. Like is it respected in terms of education? Is it a good school? How does it compete with the likes of Staffordshire, Northampton?
Reply 8
Original post by Cerdic
Where were you originally going to go to?

I originally had offers from Sheffield and Leicester for... Japanese and Business I think?
Reply 9
Original post by shiftee
What did you do between December (after you finished your course) to March (when you graduated) ? Were you still attending uni?

Between the end of my course until just after my graduation I was a research intern at the Economics department. Other people I know went travelling or applied for a job or went on to do their Masters at Buckingham (you get reduced course fees if you get a 2.1+)
Reply 10
Original post by Samiu Islam Nipu
is it a good university for law ?

Original post by iam_masahiro
Hello,
I'm considering applying to the University of Buckingham but I have a few doubts. The school happens to be one of the few schools that offer the Fast Track program and that's the main thing attracting me to it. I'm US citizen and I would appreciate if anyone can give me a little information about the school. Like is it respected in terms of education? Is it a good school? How does it compete with the likes of Staffordshire, Northampton?

For specific subjects like that I would look at the league tables and discussions dedicated to this. Keep in mind though that because Buckingham is student orientated we don't score very high in a lot of league tables that consider volume / quality of research (The Times HE Guide etc).

The only thing to add is that many people don't know we exist so you will find people give you questioning looks if you say you studied there. If the notoriety of the school is important to you, or you don't want confused looks when you tell people where you studied then you should re-consider applying.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending