The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Yeah if it's for the existence for then short term sensory store then you definitely can.
Reply 321
Original post by wabbit998
are conclusions classed as A01 or A02

AO1. When writing about an AO1 study, you should state the aims, findings, procedure and the conclusion.
Original post by wabbit998
What questions could we use Zimbardosprison study for ???

Conformity questions - be careful with this because they conformed to social roles so make sure you point that out if you write about it.

Original post by QueenSI
Hi, I'm a little confused. You know studies that support, for example the duration for short term memory. Do they support the MSM or is it supporting the Short-term memory capacity. So would the study of Peterson & Peterson 1959 be A01 or A02?:s-smilie:

For A01 in a question regarding the MSM I'd obviously describe Atkinson and Shiffrin's research model. For A02 you need to be critical of the model, simply stating Peterson and Peterson's study will not gain any A02 marks - however you can state that the supporting evidence (Peterson and Peterson and other studies) lack validity as they have involved college students studying psychology/they were conducted in a lab etcetc
How do you guys answer the 4 mark questions on memory improvement strategies?
Oh yeah and what studies are you guys doing for disruption of attachment?
Also what studies are you guys gonna use for disruption of attachment, I was gonna use John (by Robertson) and Bowlbys 44 theives as well as the other Robertson+Roberston study with 4 adopted childreb but I dunno if thats ao1 or ao2 im confused
Reply 326
Original post by Alpopcuino
Oh yeah and what studies are you guys doing for disruption of attachment?

I'm not sure if this is right for disruption of attachment as it's more on privation, but because I haven't done much revision I would just use the case study of Genie and Kolochuva's study of the Czech Twins?

If that's wrong, please correct me lol
Original post by evekay
I'm not sure if this is right for disruption of attachment as it's more on privation, but because I haven't done much revision I would just use the case study of Genie and Kolochuva's study of the Czech Twins?

If that's wrong, please correct me lol

Those case studies should only be used for privation questions

For disruption I'd use Robertson and Robertson's study (lil' John)

(pls don't say lil' in the exam)
Original post by Alpopcuino
Also what studies are you guys gonna use for disruption of attachment, I was gonna use John (by Robertson) and Bowlbys 44 theives as well as the other Robertson+Roberston study with 4 adopted childreb but I dunno if thats ao1 or ao2 im confused

Those would be your AO1. Evaluating the research would be your AO2 e.g. Robertson using the case study of John... Cannot generalise his behaviour to the wider population... 44 thieves study = correlational etc :smile:
Can someone please explain what the difference between Bowlbys evolutionary theory and his MDH? And explain the 44 thieves study? I wasnt thought this, does this mean it's not on the spec?
Any predictions for PSYA1 questions? I've read the loopa ones. I was wondering if any of your teachers or you guys had any predictions?
They seems to be a bit of confusion over disruption of attachment, my teacher told me if I get asked a 12 mark question about disruption of attachment I'd outline the PDD model? Then I'd use the study of john as a02? Is this right
Reply 332
Is it possible to retake AS psychology next year when there is a new specification?
Hi, quick question:

Jacobs' study found a capacity for STM of 5-9 items and Miller found a capacity for STM of 7 ±2 chunks.

Is items the same as chunks? I'm confused how these studies support each other.
Reply 334
Original post by SunDun111
They seems to be a bit of confusion over disruption of attachment, my teacher told me if I get asked a 12 mark question about disruption of attachment I'd outline the PDD model? Then I'd use the study of john as a02? Is this right

This is what I am confused about to hopefully this does not come up as a 12 marker most likely bowlby theory or daycare peer relations or institutionalization will appear but who knows, when it comes to disruption of attachment for a01 i would talk about john in nursery as a01 because it shows the effects of disruption of attacment and to evaluate you can write that the amount of care he got was less(attention) u see what i mean so i would follow it like that
Original post by K3lvin
This is what I am confused about to hopefully this does not come up as a 12 marker most likely bowlby theory or daycare peer relations or institutionalization will appear but who knows, when it comes to disruption of attachment for a01 i would talk about john in nursery as a01 because it shows the effects of disruption of attacment and to evaluate you can write that the amount of care he got was less(attention) u see what i mean so i would follow it like that

In an answer booklet my teacher gave us she told us to do PDD model? Or god
Original post by Zahra96
Yeah the ideas of one person acts as a catalyst.. slowly slowly through snowball effect the views are accepted by majority forming social change. Eg recycling, Rosa parks etc.

The minority must remain flexible consistent and relevant (expand with examples on these points)

I got 12/12 this in my mock but cant even remember it too well now :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What is the snowball effect?! It's not in my text book and my teacher has not taught it??
Original post by Toy Soldiers
Hi, quick question:

Jacobs' study found a capacity for STM of 5-9 items and Miller found a capacity for STM of 7 ±2 chunks.

Is items the same as chunks? I'm confused how these studies support each other.

Jacob found the capacity of STM to be between 5 and 9 items. A few years after, Miller studied different research's into the capacity of STM and he concluded that it was 7 plus or minus two items calling it the "magic number 7".

So yeah just write items for both, I haven't heard chunks being user
a quick question guys
when doing a 12 marker on cultural variations, for A02 can you state cultural similarities (eg fox, tronick et al, ainsworths Uganda study) to contradict your A01 of cultural variations??

also has a 12 marker ever come up for disruption of attachment? because I cant find it on any papers. if so what would you state?

and im confused for a question on institutional care i know you state hodges and tizard, rutter etc. but the june 2014 mark scheme has stated the pdd model by Robertson would be relevant. im so confused??

thanks guys
A essay has never come up on distruption, it has always been a 4-8 mark question. If you were to do disruption, you would use the study conducted by the Robertsons who did a case study on John and who went through Protest, Despair and Deatchment. You would then talk about the study in AO2 and the evaluation of a case study.

And DO NOT write about The Robertsons when looking at institutionalisation- ALWAYS talk about Tizard and Hogrs.

For cultural variations, I spoke about no studies but the meta analysis itself and the sample sizes, population validity, reliabilty ect.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending