The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE RS (Religious Studies B) Help? (How to get an A*)

Hello, could anyone give a detailed structure on how to answer the questions? Specifically D (6 marks) and E (12 marks)

I usually get 4-5/6 on D and 9/12 on E.

A-C are not a problem for me but with the last two questions I'm usually strained for time so I just need a clear structure on how to answer the questions so I don't end up rambling unnecessarily.

Everyone seems to find these exams relatively easy so I can't really understand why those few extra marks are such a problem.

11th May is the Ethics Exam

Reply 1
Hey, how are you. I asked this question a couple weeks back. Check it out if you can find it. I got 11/12 recently and normally 6/6 but have learnt a lot. Which units are u doing?
Original post by RKM21
Hey, how are you. I asked this question a couple weeks back. Check it out if you can find it. I got 11/12 recently and normally 6/6 but have learnt a lot. Which units are u doing?

Ethics Exam:
Religion and Human relationships
Religion, poverty and wealth
Religion, peace and justice
Religion and equality

Philosophy Exam:
Belief about Deity
End of life
Good and evil
Religion and science

hope you can help :smile:
Ok so hi everyone this is my very first post on TSR so :cute::cute:
Anyway I hate religious studies with a passion and I am doing the short course on ethics 2. Anyway my (unhelpful) teacher always advised us to start with e-part because then if you can't do a part or b part you would only lose 3 marks. I hope that kinda helps...
Good luck! I have mine on the exact day you have it.
For e question:

Include a secular viewpoint
Add your initial viewpoint
Do a good conclusion
If the question is on divorce define the meaning
Of it in the introduction
Make sure to add at least 3 quotes to support whether
Christians (or whatever religion youre doing) believe or don't believe it.

Use the TBA method. teaching (the quote), belief (Christians believe that..) and action (therefore Christians do...)
Do this 3 times,

On your d question just do 3XTBA and you will get the mark believe me,
Reply 5
Original post by homeland.lsw
Ok so hi everyone this is my very first post on TSR so :cute::cute:
Anyway I hate religious studies with a passion and I am doing the short course on ethics 2. Anyway my (unhelpful) teacher always advised us to start with e-part because then if you can't do a part or b part you would only lose 3 marks. I hope that kinda helps...

I wouldn't advise doing part e first because parts a-d sort of lead you into the part e so they help you to essentially consolidate your knowledge for which you can use parts of it for the (e).
Original post by reppina
I wouldn't advise doing part e first because parts a-d sort of lead you into the part e so they help you to essentially consolidate your knowledge for which you can use parts of it for the (e).

Agreed.
Original post by Crammyandcrabby
Good luck! I have mine on the exact day you have it.
For e question:

Include a secular viewpoint
Add your initial viewpoint
Do a good conclusion
If the question is on divorce define the meaning
Of it in the introduction
Make sure to add at least 3 quotes to support whether
Christians (or whatever religion youre doing) believe or don't believe it.

Use the TBA method. teaching (the quote), belief (Christians believe that..) and action (therefore Christians do...)
Do this 3 times,

On your d question just do 3XTBA and you will get the mark believe me,

Thanks for the advice! It all sounds great...I'm surprised we weren't told at school to do any sort of introduction or conclusion.

Good luck!! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending