The Student Room Group

AS English literature predictions

Hi! Seeing as the english literature AS exam is in exactly a week, I was wondering if anyone had any predictions as to what the extract might be on? As for quotes, does anyone have any suggestions on wider reading for conflict? My teacher has hugely prepared us for struggles such as feminism/racism etc, however I don't have any wider reading for conflict related extracts. Thanks :smile:
Original post by alex_1998
Hi! Seeing as the english literature AS exam is in exactly a week, I was wondering if anyone had any predictions as to what the extract might be on? As for quotes, does anyone have any suggestions on wider reading for conflict? My teacher has hugely prepared us for struggles such as feminism/racism etc, however I don't have any wider reading for conflict related extracts. Thanks :smile:

If it's on that then I am so happy. Have quotes for those themes but I don't know why religion comes to mind. After having all of the past papers from 2009-2014, I haven't found any serious extracts on religion. There's references to them but nothing that really focuses on religion and religion was said to be one of the key themes in struggle for identity in modern literature so I found that strange. Also since how we're the last year to do AS lit, I thought maybe they could add it in there. I don't know, I'm definitely on the look out for something on religion.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Cherry82
If it's on that then I am so happy. Have quotes for those themes but I don't know why religion comes to mind. After having all of the past papers from 2009-2014, I haven't found any serious extracts on religion. There's references to them but nothing that really focuses on religion and religion was sad to be one of the key themes in struggle for identity in modern literature so I found that strange. Also since how we're the last year to do AS lit, I thought maybe they could add it in there. I don't know, I'm definitely on the look out for something on religion.

Ah ok thanks! Do you have any suggestions of extracts I can look at concerning religion??
Original post by alex_1998
Ah ok thanks! Do you have any suggestions of extracts I can look at concerning religion??

Extracts? Oh no sorry
I've organised columns I.e Religion: Novel- Oranges are not the only fruit
Play- A Raisin in the Sun
Poetry- Missing God
Now I'm just trying to deduce the quotes from my notes to see which would be best to use so I haven't seen any extracts on religion, oh do you mean wider reading sources concerning religion?
Reply 4
Original post by Cherry82
Extracts? Oh no sorry
I've organised columns I.e Religion: Novel- Oranges are not the only fruit
Play- A Raisin in the Sun
Poetry- Missing God
Now I'm just trying to deduce the quotes from my notes to see which would be best to use so I haven't seen any extracts on religion, oh do you mean wider reading sources concerning religion?

Sorry I meant quotes concerning religion, not extracts haha!

Quick Reply

Latest