The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tawheed
Peace be with you

If you do not vote, you are still going to live in this country and supply thousands of pounds to a government you believe is oppresive,

So which of the two acts is sensible?

1. Vote for a party which recognises palestine, will do less harm internationally, cares more for the poor, is more equitable
cares more for our NHS, our elderly, those who suffer from mental health, are less influenced by IPAC or Rupert
OR

2. Don't vote, allow a more oppressive party into government, and still pay takes and fund them with thousands upon thousands of your own pounds.

Just to clarify, I'm not in the UK.

You've given two strange options. Realistically, there's only ever going to be 2 / 3 contenders (conservatives, labour, libs) and to put it bluntly, they're all shayateen. Muslims aren't going to vote and suddenly a party will come out that'll stop bombing the Muslims abroad.

Taking point two into consideration, I don't see any party upon justice.

Effectively, it seems some Muslims are voting not because it's the lesser of two evils for Islam and the Muslims but rather based on nafs and what suits them politically.

Thus, the safest option would have been to refrain. Wallahu a'lam.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Ibn Fulaan
Hey hey Mr. "I'm not going to debate on the isoc but i'll do it anyway" stikes again.

Sorry, that was my fault.
Original post by Untitled.
Just to clarify, I'm not in the UK.

You've given two strange options. Realistically, there's only ever going to be 2 / 3 contenders (conservatives, labour, libs) and to put it bluntly, they're all shayateen. Muslims aren't going to vote and suddenly a party will come out that'll stop bombing the Muslims abroad.

Taking point two into consideration, I don't see any party upon justice.

Effectively, it seems some Muslims are voting not because it's the lesser of two evils for Islam and the Muslims but rather based on nafs and what suits them politically.

Thus, the safest option would have been to refrain. Wallahu a'lam.

Surely the safest option is to migrate away from the UK and not contribute thousands of pounds of tax supporting an oppresive government? I mean this with all due respect.
Hey hey Mr. "I'm not going to debate on the isoc but i'll do it anyway" stikes again.

Sorry, that was my fault.

Imho, moderators should realise there's been a general election, this thread is the only place muslims can have a proper conversation without people hijacking it. It's not really a debate imho, we're just clarifying on what our different views are. It's pretty hard when you have about five people all messaging you and sincerely disagreeing but provoking you into a response.
Flying off the handle is not the way to "disagree". I'm all for discussion but please don't be provocative in your posts... and this is not to one person in particular. Be gentle, be kind.
Original post by Tawheed
Surely the safest option is to migrate away from the UK and not contribute thousands of pounds of tax supporting an oppresive government? I mean this with all due respect.

Is there any doubt regarding this?

If a person has the means to make hijrah, they should do so.
Is there any doubt regarding this?

If a person has the means to make hijrah, they should do so.

I know this may be a personal question, but are you based in europe or America dear brother? You can choose to abstain for the sake of your own annonimity.
Original post by Tawheed
I know this may be a personal question, but are you based in europe or America dear brother? You can choose to abstain for the sake of your own annonimity.

Not at the moment but the situation here isn't particularly different to the West.
[video="youtube;Wr0OEmkPSyc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr0OEmkPSyc[/video]
Original post by (CH3)4 - Si
I may be banned soon. But i will also be back soon :yes:

You can never beat brother quantum and his tsr sign-up skills :smug:
Posted from TSR Mobile

I am back :yes:

I am a man who sticks by his words :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You had a labour avatar a few days ago :colonhash:

Why the switch to green now? :hmmm:

Have you switched parties. Who do you actually support :hmmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
lol you guys calm it. We don't need to constantly be at each others throats.

Peace out. :tongue:
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

By time,

Indeed, mankind is in loss,

Except for those who have believed and done righteous deeds and advised each other to truth and advised each other to patience.
Tafseer - Surah Asr by Nouman Ali Khan (Part 1) [HD]
[video="youtube;2bsh1vzn3yM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bsh1vzn3yM[/video]
Tafseer - Surah Asr by Nouman Ali Khan (Part 2) [HD][video="youtube;CTXqBwl4NMg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTXqBwl4NMg[/video]
Original post by Tetra-CH3-silane
You had a labour avatar a few days ago :colonhash:

Why the switch to green now? :hmmm:

Have you switched parties. Who do you actually support :hmmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I like Green the best i just voted Labour.
Original post by LotusBlue
lol you guys calm it. We don't need to constantly be at each others throats.

Peace out. :tongue:

I agree :yes:

How was your optometry exam, sister tennumbers :hmmm:

Did our duaas work :hmmm:
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
I like Green the best i just voted Labour.

:lolwut:

That makes no sense?

Surely if you like one party the best, you'd vote for that party?

Or was you voting tactically because you knew the greens wouldnt get the seat in your constituency :hmmm:

...and so you voted for your next favouritest team which was labour
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
I agree :yes:

How was your optometry exam, sister tennumbers :hmmm:

Did our duaas work :hmmm:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Alhumdulillah went so much better than expected! :biggrin: 3 exams left next week. :tongue:

Shhh, its LotusBlue :mmm:

Alhumdulillah they did work! :smile:
:lolwut:

That makes no sense?

Surely if you like one party the best, you'd vote for that party?

Or was you voting tactically because you knew the greens wouldnt get the seat in your constituency :hmmm:

...and so you voted for your next favouritest team which was labour
Posted from TSR Mobile

It makes sense.

No.

Yes.

Basically.

Latest

Trending

Trending