The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fallen_acorns
good, he has shown enough this season to be part of our squad.

Bellerin + Jenk, covers us pretty well for that side, espcially with chambers as well who can play there (just not well)

Debuchy sticks out like a sore thumb, but that was a wierd transfer all round

You don't like Debuchy?
Original post by al_94
You don't like Debuchy?

I like him.. he is just a wierd transfer. what was it, 29 year old for 12m?

I think he would have given us a few good seasons actually.. but well, he got injured, and that allowed jenk + bellerin to progress to a point where they are putting in good games with some consistancy..

I would be happy with those 2 as our team for next season.. Jenk has shown great consistancy this season, and bellerin is there if we need some more attacking flare etc.

- and for me it just leaves debuchy in a bit of a weird place.. its not his fault, but just bad luck with injuries..
Original post by shawn_o1
Then that must mean Chambers is going.

Wasn't Chambers signed partially as a player to become a CB/ DM?? Glad Jenko isn't being sold though :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Where do you guys expect to finish next season?
Original post by MichuAtDeGeaBa

2nd or 3rd, depending on how much United and City improve their squads over the summer.
Original post by Arkasia
2nd or 3rd, depending on how much United and City improve their squads over the summer.

But that's not good enough for Mr.Wenger and it'll just be a repeat of prior seasons? Chelsea can only improve from this season and UTD are still in the process of a massive overhaul where they've just signed Depay and I wouldn't be surprised if they sign another 4 talents where as Wenger looks reluctant on making those big name signings so it will cost u again

2nd next season + FA cup + league cup + QF champions leage

1st the season after + win the CL

then wenger retires..

/GOATarsenalManager

(lol.. but realistically:

2nd + cup for both seasons is about our level)
Original post by TornadoGR4
Van Gaal forced to sign very promising young Dutch striker. Oh woe has befallen Man Utd again. Imagine being forced to sign a player like Depay. I really feel for their fans.

Swansea are a really well run club. I have a lot of respect for the way they've gone about their PL status. A victory against them will be anything but routine, I feel.

Play off tonight :biggrin:
But that's not good enough for Mr.Wenger and it'll just be a repeat of prior seasons? Chelsea can only improve from this season and UTD are still in the process of a massive overhaul where they've just signed Depay and I wouldn't be surprised if they sign another 4 talents where as Wenger looks reluctant on making those big name signings so it will cost u again

I feel we are starting to reach a turning point, with us competing in big games, and showing the ability to win trophies. If not for the start we had, we could've won the title this season, so Wenger has areas to improve and has acknowledged this. Chelsea can go backwards, for the same reason City managed to go backwards this season despite winning it last year. United are signing big names to fill big gaps in their squad, and are starting to have an imbalance, with too many attacking minded players, and not enough decent defenders or a player to replace Carrick. Wenger only signs players when he thinks they can improve what we've got, or when he genuinely understands we have problems in a certain role (like with Gabriel). I'm just hoping he acknowledges we need a backup to Coquelin, a CB to replace Mertesacker, and an alternative to Giroud (a dedicated striker, not a winger).
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Play off tonight :biggrin:

The boring one though. Ipswich/Norwich is where it's at.
Original post by Arkasia

Disagree! I think Brentford could really do one over on Boro, who will be surely affected by coming so close to automatic promotion. Boro's emphasis on loan players worries me, actually, and I can see Warburton wanting to sign out on a high at Griffin Park.
Original post by Arkasia

Lol Ipswich annoy me though for some reason, good team but love to bottle it. True about Norwich though lol, away days to Carrow road will be good to have back.
Lol Ipswich annoy me though for some reason, good team but love to bottle it. True about Norwich though lol, away days to Carrow road will be good to have back.

Brentford will be a great away day. Pub on each corner of the ground. I fancy Norwich to slip up, purely because they've been in better form and I can see some sort of sod's law situation causing Ipswich to win after they barely managed to scrap into sixth place.
Original post by Mackay
Disagree! I think Brentford could really do one over on Boro, who will be surely affected by coming so close to automatic promotion. Boro's emphasis on loan players worries me, actually, and I can see Warburton wanting to sign out on a high at Griffin Park.

It will definitely be close, and yeah, if Boro go up and lose their loan players, they're coming straight back down.

Oh definitely they bottle it nearly as much as Derby. Still hoping they do over Norwich though.
Original post by fallen_acorns
I like him.. he is just a wierd transfer. what was it, 29 year old for 12m?

I think he would have given us a few good seasons actually.. but well, he got injured, and that allowed jenk + bellerin to progress to a point where they are putting in good games with some consistancy..

I would be happy with those 2 as our team for next season.. Jenk has shown great consistancy this season, and bellerin is there if we need some more attacking flare etc.

- and for me it just leaves debuchy in a bit of a weird place.. its not his fault, but just bad luck with injuries..

Bellerin will go to Barca if he gets good and I like Jenk because he is grew up an Arsenal fan.
Original post by Arkasia
It will definitely be close, and yeah, if Boro go up and lose their loan players, they're coming straight back down.

Oh definitely they bottle it nearly as much as Derby. Still hoping they do over Norwich though.

Carrow Road/Portman Road are both decent away days, so I'll be happy with either of them. Watford's very easy for me to get to, but it's a ****hole and Vicarage Road might be my least favourite English ground bar Kenilworth Road.
Brentford, Ipswich, Boro, Norwich. In that order, would be my ideal.

Original post by Mackay
Carrow Road/Portman Road are both decent away days, so I'll be happy with either of them. Watford's very easy for me to get to, but it's a ****hole and Vicarage Road might be my least favourite English ground bar Kenilworth Road.

Ha, Kenilworth Road. Where the away supporters entrance is built into terrace housing. Only in Luton :biggrin:
Original post by TornadoGR4
Brentford, Ipswich, Boro, Norwich. In that order, would be my ideal.

Ha, Kenilworth Road. Where the away supporters entrance is built into terrace housing. Only in Luton :biggrin:

Horrendous place, man.

I'd go for: Brentford, Boro, Ipswich, Norwich in that order in terms of preference. I wouldn't be unhappy if Norwich were to go up, though. It's not like last year when I really didn't want QPR to be successful. I quite like all four of the sides this year, namely because of how exciting they've all been!
Original post by al_94
Bellerin will go to Barca if he gets good and I like Jenk because he is grew up an Arsenal fan.

Jenki's is Poverty man #Salty
apart from that we are playing on a ruddy monday again, this weekend looks alright..

Crystal palace vs united should be good.. 3 losses in a row for them, and now they have to go to a reasonably tough away game. I mean, palaces home form is not great, but they have shown that they thave the potential to cause upsets there.. beating city, liverpool, and spurs there.. that coupled with united having only won 5 away games all season (lowest of the top8) - could mean we could see an upset..

Sunderland vs everton / newcastle vs west brom / lecister vs southampton / hull vs burnley.. all good relegation battle games..

And then chelsea vs liverpool.. looks boring now, but if man untied even draw with crystal palace, then liverpool could go into this game knowing that top4 is back on, and with a win it would put them in a great place, considering united still have to play arsenal..

Latest