The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by keromedic
Wow. Soon there will be a year 5 thread :redface:.

wouldn't be surprised.. :giggle:
usycool1
xx

Since the Year 9s aren't clued up on their politics, I can openly talk here about logo changes :ninja: . Did you follow the General Election last night? :ahee:

Also, I need a new logo :holmes: . Whilst the current popular opinion is to hate on the Tories, it won't be long before the anger settles and people turn on the unfortunate Lib Dem supporters :tongue:

How's it going with you anyway? :smile: . I haven't received a PM off you for a while, so I'm assuming it's all going wonderful! :awesome:
Original post by Nirgilis
Since the Year 9s aren't clued up on their politics, I can openly talk here about logo changes :ninja: . Did you follow the General Election last night? :ahee:

Also, I need a new logo :holmes: . Whilst the current popular opinion is to hate on the Tories, it won't be long before the anger settles and people turn on the unfortunate Lib Dem supporters :tongue:

How's it going with you anyway? :smile: . I haven't received a PM off you for a while, so I'm assuming it's all going wonderful! :awesome:

Oooooh I don't know, some Year 9s who I was with a few years ago were very vocal about their political stances :ahee: I did! I'm rather indifferent to the result tbh. :tongue: How did you feel about it? :smile:

A new logo eh? :holmes: Haha, true. :lol:

It's going very well thanks and yeah, no news is usually good news :lol: My brother had his last day as a Year 11 today so he starts his GCSEs next week. He's told me all sorts of weird and wonderful things that people have gotten up to on their last day...some people can be right idiots, seriously. :facepalm: How are things in Nirgilis's world? Dissertation almost finished? :colone:
Original post by usycool1
Oooooh I don't know, some Year 9s who I was with a few years ago were very vocal about their political stances :ahee: I did! I'm rather indifferent to the result tbh. :tongue: How did you feel about it? :smile:

A new logo eh? :holmes: Haha, true. :lol:

It's going very well thanks and yeah, no news is usually good news :lol: My brother had his last day as a Year 11 today so he starts his GCSEs next week. He's told me all sorts of weird and wonderful things that people have gotten up to on their last day...some people can be right idiots, seriously. :facepalm: How are things in Nirgilis's world? Dissertation almost finished? :colone:

I meant a new avatar :facepalm: . When I finish work for the night, I might go on an avatar hunt :colone:

My dissertation's going okay thanks :yep: . Did a proper, full word count and currently sitting on 7,422, which is a whole 1,078 short of what I need :lol: . So I'm getting back to work :work:

Isn't your brother's birthday soon? :awesome:
I meant a new avatar :facepalm: . When I finish work for the night, I might go on an avatar hunt :colone:

My dissertation's going okay thanks :yep: . Did a proper, full word count and currently sitting on 7,422, which is a whole 1,078 short of what I need :lol: . So I'm getting back to work :work:

Isn't your brother's birthday soon? :awesome:

Oh right, I did wonder what you meant but thought I'd missed something. :lol: I like the new avatar. :colone: Even better to see that it's a gif :awesome:

Good! :biggrin: Haha, you'll get there soon, not too far off now! :awesome: Make sure you quote me or something when you finish it. :colone:

It was his birthday yesterday! :awesome: I think he had a good day...I went shopping though (my mum makes me do it ever since I passed my driving test :tongue:) and guess what? Out of all the things I could have forgotten, I forgot to collect the cake :facepalm: Now to plan for my sister's birthday which is in 5 days. Then to plan for mine which will be 12 days after that. :tongue:

I am talking on a thread about the election. I wouldn't call myself a Politic-Nerd but I have interests, I just like arguing lol.
Original post by MrMackyTv
I am talking on a thread about the election. I wouldn't call myself a Politic-Nerd but I have interests, I just like arguing lol.

What did you think of the result? :smile:
What did you think of the result? :smile:

I was shocked. I thought that there would have been a hung parliament, not a majority. Labour did very bad, not suprised that the two parties that did quite bad (labour and lib dems) party leaders resigned. I wasn't expecting Nigel to resign but I don't support UKIP so... and Green votes are better and they are getting more audience, small party but their voice is being heard and most of the policies I strongly believe in. I would probably have voted Green yesterday.
Original post by MrMackyTv

:lol: . Good for you :tongue: . I had 0 political interest until I could vote when I was 18 :lol: . It was wrong for me to assume it would be the same for everybody else :tongue:

Oh right, I did wonder what you meant but thought I'd missed something. :lol: I like the new avatar. :colone: Even better to see that it's a gif :awesome:

Good! :biggrin: Haha, you'll get there soon, not too far off now! :awesome: Make sure you quote me or something when you finish it. :colone:

It was his birthday yesterday! :awesome: I think he had a good day...I went shopping though (my mum makes me do it ever since I passed my driving test :tongue:) and guess what? Out of all the things I could have forgotten, I forgot to collect the cake :facepalm: Now to plan for my sister's birthday which is in 5 days. Then to plan for mine which will be 12 days after that. :tongue:

Haha! Thanks :colone: . It's really difficult to find good animated avatars. This may be a place-holder, who knows :colone: . AJ has posted a load of nice ones on the Anime Chat Thread, so will flick through them :h:

Got anything planned for your sister's birthday then? :smile:
usycool1
xx

Slowbro93
xx

:ninja:

Apparently, Year 9's are busier than most Year 11s, 12s and 13s this year and have abandoned their thread :colone: . Fancy helping me with a ''revival party''? :colone:

I suggest the following for the ''Revival party playlist'':

Anything from Frozen
Anything by Take That
Anything by S Club 7
Anything ever sung on Eurovision
Any Disney songs.

Your turn :awesome:
I'll start with this:

[video="youtube;0RtjfvK7rXw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RtjfvK7rXw[/video]
Taking the advice for some S Club 7 and contributing a good dose of nostalgia to the playlist :biggrin:
Wow hello thread, it's been a while
Did anyone else have end of year 9 exams? If so, how did they go? Any results back yet?
Original post by AryanGh
Wow hello thread, it's been a while

:hi: How have you found Year 9? + Are you excited for summer? :tongue:

Original post by LEuphoria
Did anyone else have end of year 9 exams? If so, how did they go? Any results back yet?

I'm in Y10 but how did your ones go? :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi! I don't know how to quote, or the etiquette on that(is there any?? o.o), so I'm just going to reply; I actually really enjoyed the exams! Manged to get myself organised enough to revise properly for a few weeks before hand, and it seemed to pay off! In Maths(which was kind of GCSE level I think?? I or at least I'd like to think,haha) I got an A, Science(Completely tailored for year 9) I got an A*, French (GCSE Foundation paper) I got a C9, and English was the official Functional Skills one, so I haven't got that back yet. c:

Are you doing mocks at the moment?
Hi! I don't know how to quote, or the etiquette on that(is there any?? o.o), so I'm just going to reply; I actually really enjoyed the exams! Manged to get myself organised enough to revise properly for a few weeks before hand, and it seemed to pay off! In Maths(which was kind of GCSE level I think?? I or at least I'd like to think,haha) I got an A, Science(Completely tailored for year 9) I got an A*, French (GCSE Foundation paper) I got a C9, and English was the official Functional Skills one, so I haven't got that back yet. c:

Are you doing mocks at the moment?

That's fine, dw. You can quote by- clicking the button that has a speech mark on beneath the writing on a post; tagging by clicking the button in the replying box that looks like a tag. :tongue: Or... You can just put an '@' symbol and the write the username of the person you want to talk to next to it, e.g. @LEuphoria. :biggrin:

Ah, that's a very good mindset to have! + Well done for your grades! :h:

I've actually done mine. My year, in my school, like to call them 'mock' mocks. :tongue:
Original post by karmacrunch
That's fine, dw. You can quote by- clicking the button that has a speech mark on beneath the writing on a post; tagging by clicking the button in the replying box that looks like a tag. :tongue: Or... You can just put an '@' symbol and the write the username of the person you want to talk to next to it, e.g. @LEuphoria. :biggrin: Ah, that's a very good mindset to have! + Well done for your grades! :h:
I've actually done mine. My year, in my school, like to call them 'mock' mocks. :tongue:

Ah, I see! Thanks for letting me know! I will have fun with that in the future, haha :P

Thank you! c:

Haha, the amount of stress the yr 10s at my school seem to be under you'd think their title contained no mocks at all o.o How did you find them?
Ah, I see! Thanks for letting me know! I will have fun with that in the future, haha :P

Thank you! c:

Haha, the amount of stress the yr 10s at my school seem to be under you'd think their title contained no mocks at all o.o How did you find them?

You're welcome. x2 :h:

Well... I think it's good practice and we can 'see' where we are but I get what you mean though. (: :tongue: Mine went quite well, thank you. The exams were quite closely spaced together though but they were okay. My school treated them like GCSE exams so I know what to expect next year. :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
ADVICE:

If your taking GCSE Drama...firstly good luck 😂
Secondly, work really really hard to secure amazing practical grades
which isn't too hard to do. This is due to fact that the written paper is seriously
sooo hard 😭😭. So if you have a solid A grade practical and get a D in the written you'll probably get a B 😏

Your welcome.