The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ScaryScience
couldn't agree more tbh. hope you're relatively ok :hugs:

just dont know what im going to do now. i literaally feel like i'm drowning and no one will help me. i jsut have no idea how i'm going to copeanymore, dont know. just. dont know. if you need anything, pm me? sorry you're feeling so **** too :console:
Original post by Pathway
just dont know what im going to do now. i literaally feel like i'm drowning and no one will help me. i jsut have no idea how i'm going to copeanymore, dont know. just. dont know. if you need anything, pm me? sorry you're feeling so **** too :console:

:console: I know, it all feels a bit hopeless and awful. :frown: And thanks. given up on the idea of revision, feel too drained and exhausted, so will be around if you want PM any time for a chat :hugs:
tried to revise at work today but I don't think anything actually went in :/ I'm supposed to be playing lazer tag with some friends tomorrow but now I feel like I can't justify taking the time away from studying :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by superwolf
I am totally moving to Scotland. :nothing:

:awesome:
Original post by bullettheory
:frown: the results were terrible I agree, I have no idea what will happen in the near 5 years but I'm not really looking forward to finding out. The world can be a really **** place but you have people that care about you, like your girlfriend for example, and you still have her, no matter what rubbish is going on politically. And I'm sure your girlfriend isn't just the only one who cares and loves you. You'll always have those people, even when it feels like you've lost everything.

aye, not sure what will happen! yeah, talking to my girlfriend has helped, and we did well in the local elections here so trying to focus on the positives whilst I can!

I beat the Lib Dems, got 5% of the vote & 235 votes in my council ward :awesome:
Original post by ScaryScience
:console: I know, it all feels a bit hopeless and awful. :frown: And thanks. given up on the idea of revision, feel too drained and exhausted, so will be around if you want PM any time for a chat :hugs:

thank you :hugs:
Original post by Odd socks
tried to revise at work today but I don't think anything actually went in :/ I'm supposed to be playing lazer tag with some friends tomorrow but now I feel like I can't justify taking the time away from studying :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Try to revise around that time, you will take a lot more in when you give yourself breaks and allow fun stuff before and after.

Anecdote here: When i worked at waitrose a guy said to me that breaking something bad to someone is like a **** sandwich; you want good before and after, to cushion the blow of the **** in the middle. This can be applied to oneself; something good before and after makes the middle bit easier.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Meaty_man
Try to revise around that time, you will take a lot more in when you give yourself breaks and allow fun stuff before and after.

Anecdote here: When i worked at waitrose a guy said to me that breaking something bad to someone is like a **** sandwich; you want good before and after, to cushion the blow of the **** in the middle. This can be applied to oneself; something good before and after makes the middle bit easier.

Posted from TSR Mobile

okay, I don't really want to feel guilty the whole time feeling that I should be revising :/ and I can't drink because I'm working at 7 the next day :frown: oh I sent you a message on Skype :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
cant do this :bawling: its ****ing hopeless
Original post by Odd socks
okay, I don't really want to feel guilty the whole time feeling that I should be revising :/ and I can't drink because I'm working at 7 the next day :frown: oh I sent you a message on Skype :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

At a friends so sorry for taking a while to reply, will as soon as i can :smile: hope you're doing ok

Posted from TSR Mobile
Feeling ok but I "suspect" it's synthetic ie happy pills.
Cant wait for sunday. Im only going to get out of bed to either go to the loo or make food.
Im shattered, but got a full day of first aid training tomorrow, so not keen really, but i have to do it :unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wish I could turn my mind off:frown: I just want to numb it all
really really dissociated and struggling an d dont know what to do about it anymore. this is not going to get better is it
Original post by Maid Marian
I wish I could turn my mind off:frown: I just want to numb it all

:console: hope you're okay?

Original post by Pathway
really really dissociated and struggling an d dont know what to do about it anymore. this is not going to get better is it

there anything you can do that helps when you get like that? :hugs:

---

telling myself as much as I can that it's worth keeping up the fight because there are amazing people out there who are doing the same, I just wish I was more able to help them out, would make me feel a lot better about keeping going that's for sure.
seriously don't know how to stop this late night ruminating. ****'s sake I was supposed to hot the gym today
Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
:console: hope you're okay?

there anything you can do that helps when you get like that? :hugs:

---

telling myself as much as I can that it's worth keeping up the fight because there are amazing people out there who are doing the same, I just wish I was more able to help them out, would make me feel a lot better about keeping going that's for sure.

my grounding techniques dont really work anymore. feel really stuck? have no idea whatt o do. how are you?
Original post by Pathway
my grounding techniques dont really work anymore. feel really stuck? have no idea whatt o do. how are you?

that sucks :/ can you talk to anyone about trying new/different ones maybe? hope you feel better soon! :hugs: im okay, another night of not being able to sleep, mood is okay, albeit with a deep sense of foreboding after the election, but as I said before I have hope as well, mainly through people I know, there are good people in this world and I think as long as I can remember that I can keep going through things!
I want to cry.
ED/body image

Spoiler

Latest