The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EL_Horse
Did you watch the original series in sub or dub? I watched it in dub and i doubt i could i watch it sub now :/ Just means an even longer wait before i can watch it :'(

Dubbed on TV, before I even knew it was made in Japan. :p: I was planning on checking it out for the nostalgia, though I doubt the switch from sub to dub would bother me.
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Dubbed on TV, before I even knew it was made in Japan. :p: I was planning on checking it out for the nostalgia, though I doubt the switch from sub to dub would bother me.

The PV makes it look like its gonna be a huuuuuuge nostalgia fest imo :smile:
Yahari Ore No Seishun (oregairu) is absolutely brilliant and everyone should watch it :cool:
Original post by killa78
Yahari Ore No Seishun (oregairu) is absolutely brilliant and everyone should watch it :cool:

It's a pretty decent read as well.
I finished The Tatatami Galaxy yesterday, it was amazing. I'm not sure what to rate it, but I'm giving it a 9/10 for now,
Original post by EdwardElric
I finished The Tatatami Galaxy yesterday, it was amazing. I'm not sure what to rate it, but I'm giving it a 9/10 for now,

Should be a 10 m8. Yuasa is GOAT.
Original post by Pinkhead
Should be a 10 m8. Yuasa is GOAT.

I'm still trying to compose my thoughts, it really was unlike any anime I've seen before. I rarely give out 10s but I might make another exception. Heck, even Baccano got a 9, and I loved it.
I also finished the series a few days ago. Very unique and cleverly done. :yes:
Is anyone here watching Triage X, Etotama, Denpa Kyoushi, Kyoukai no Rinne and/or Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo, and if so, what do you think of any of them? (I'm particularly interested in Yamada-kun, since I haven't seen the first episode myself yet).

As usual I'm planning to drop a few series mid-season and (maybe) give a second chance to some of those I skipped, but nothing jumps out at me. :s: Falling back on Kaitou Joker and/or UtaPri is always an option, but if anyone can convince me any of the above shows are worth a look then I'll give them priority. :yes:
Is anyone here watching Triage X, Etotama, Denpa Kyoushi, Kyoukai no Rinne and/or Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo, and if so, what do you think of any of them? (I'm particularly interested in Yamada-kun, since I haven't seen the first episode myself yet).

As usual I'm planning to drop a few series mid-season and (maybe) give a second chance to some of those I skipped, but nothing jumps out at me. :s: Falling back on Kaitou Joker and/or UtaPri is always an option, but if anyone can convince me any of the above shows are worth a look then I'll give them priority. :yes:

I actually like Yamada-kun so far, it's nothing amazing but it's a fairly enjoyable watch.

I dropped Denpa Kyoushi after episode 3, the story wasn't atrocious but it was still pretty boring at points. That combined with all round sloppy production and bad animation made me drop it. I wouldn't bother with it.
Original post by Red Fox
I actually like Yamada-kun so far, it's nothing amazing but it's a fairly enjoyable watch.

I dropped Denpa Kyoushi after episode 3, the story wasn't atrocious but it was still pretty boring at points. That combined with all round sloppy production and bad animation made me drop it. I wouldn't bother with it.

Cheers! I'll be sure to give Yamada-kun a look. :yes: Only skipped it because it aired so much later than everything else.
Watched Death Note recently. My first anime experience.

L... :frown:

Any recommendations if I enjoyed DN?
Cheers! I'll be sure to give Yamada-kun a look. :yes: Only skipped it because it aired so much later than everything else.

Anything that you recommend I pick up?

I'm already watching Fate/SN UBW, Hibike, Nisekoi:, Ore Monogatari, Plastic Memories, Shokugeki no Souma and Yamada-kun.
Original post by hockham jaynsaw

You started on a very high note, let me tell you :tongue: .

Try and experience as many different genres as you can during your time in the anime-realm. I'd recommend moving towards Fate/Stay Night or Elfen Lied next to keep you in the realms of ''frickin' good'' :tongue: . Though both Gosick and No Game No Life have the whole ''Oooh, let's use immense amounts of inconceivable logic to figure out this mystery'' that Death Note has :lol:
Original post by Nirgilis
You started on a very high note, let me tell you :tongue: .

Try and experience as many different genres as you can during your time in the anime-realm. I'd recommend moving towards Fate/Stay Night or Elfen Lied next to keep you in the realms of ''frickin' good'' :tongue: . Though both Gosick and No Game No Life have the whole ''Oooh, let's use immense amounts of inconceivable logic to figure out this mystery'' that Death Note has :lol:

Your deduction skills are quite impressive :holmes:
:lol:

Thanks!
Original post by Red Fox
Anything that you recommend I pick up?

I'm already watching Fate/SN UBW, Hibike, Nisekoi:, Ore Monogatari, Plastic Memories, Shokugeki no Souma and Yamada-kun.

Ignoring sequels, Arslan Senki has been the stand out series for me this season. The characters and their dialogue and interactions are great, and the animation is of a high standard for the most part (though unfortunately the first episode opens with some very dubious CGI, which doesn't make a very good first impression!)

Kekkai Sensen is also worth a look IMO, I'd say it probably has the best quality animation of anything this season, definitely the best soundtrack this season, and a fun cast. All the five episodes so far have been enjoyable, but last week's 5th episode was on another level. :biggrin:
Original post by hockham jaynsaw

Seconding everything suggested by Nirgilis, and I'd also recommend Zetsuen no Tempest, Kaiji and Code Geass, which all feature intelligent characters in high stakes situations. :yes:

Latest