The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rebeccar16
What is the snowball effect?! It's not in my text book and my teacher has not taught it??

Where a minority form a majority- it starts off small and then progressively enlarges.

also talk about the current zeitgeist - the most current trend e.g recycling
Original post by ranimayx
Any predictions for PSYA1 questions? I've read the loopa ones. I was wondering if any of your teachers or you guys had any predictions?

Anything and everything! The essay question could be very broad, I know daycare has never come up before!
Original post by QueenSI
Is it possible to retake AS psychology next year when there is a new specification?

You can retake but if you do you'll have to follow the new spec and do both the AS and A2 in the second year, so you'd have to retake a year I think. Because you wont be able to do the AS exam in the first year, so you can't leave with an AS grade anymore.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 343
Original post by x-Char-x
A essay has never come up on distruption, it has always been a 4-8 mark question. If you were to do disruption, you would use the study conducted by the Robertsons who did a case study on John and who went through Protest, Despair and Deatchment. You would then talk about the study in AO2 and the evaluation of a case study.

And DO NOT write about The Robertsons when looking at institutionalisation- ALWAYS talk about Tizard and Hogrs.

For cultural variations, I spoke about no studies but the meta analysis itself and the sample sizes, population validity, reliabilty ect.

Can you elaborate on this PDD a01 point please cuz im not sure on what to write
Original post by Mysterious M
You can retake but if you do you'll have to follow the new spec and do both the AS and A2 in the second year, so you'd have to retake a year I think. Because you wont be able to do the AS exam in the first year, so you can't leave with an AS grade anymore.

I think you can still resit the spec we are doing know, as AQA are offering it in their 2016 provisional exam timetable.
Guys, what are you doing this weekend to prepare for Monday. Is it just past papers?
Original post by wabbit998
I think you can still resit the spec we are doing know, as AQA are offering it in their 2016 provisional exam timetable.

I was told that the spec will pretty much remain the same but that if we want to retake we wont be able to leave with an AS as its over a two year period? If I've been misinformed please do elaborate :P
Original post by Mysterious M
I was told that the spec will pretty much remain the same but that if we want to retake we wont be able to leave with an AS as its over a two year period? If I've been misinformed please do elaborate :P

On the 2016 provisional timetable (attached) it has Psychology 1 and 2 and also the new paper. So i presume that it means AQA are providing both the papers.
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/admin/t_table_pdf/AQA-TT-GCE-JUN16.PDF
Any 12 marker predictions guys?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by x-Char-x
A essay has never come up on distruption, it has always been a 4-8 mark question. If you were to do disruption, you would use the study conducted by the Robertsons who did a case study on John and who went through Protest, Despair and Deatchment. You would then talk about the study in AO2 and the evaluation of a case study.

And DO NOT write about The Robertsons when looking at institutionalisation- ALWAYS talk about Tizard and Hogrs.

For cultural variations, I spoke about no studies but the meta analysis itself and the sample sizes, population validity, reliabilty ect.

So for a question with 12 marks about disruption of attachment would you outline he PDD model for 6 marks a01 then evaluate it and use robertsons videos of john as supporting evidence?
I had a look at the patterns for the Unit 1 12 marks qs. Last paper was memory, 3 papers before that the 12 marks qs were on attachment, the 3 papers before that were memory. So I am guessing this year's 12 marker will be on memory again. My gut is saying Multi-Store model. Anyone else agree?
Original post by wabbit998
On the 2016 provisional timetable (attached) it has Psychology 1 and 2 and also the new paper. So i presume that it means AQA are providing both the papers.
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/admin/t_table_pdf/AQA-TT-GCE-JUN16.PDF

I can't view that but thankyou. I hope your right :smile:
There was a 12 marker on the effects of institutional care in 2010 so it would be unlikely that that will come up again
What eh deprivation? Don't you mean disruption of attachment
Original post by K3lvin
Can you elaborate on this PDD a01 point please cuz im not sure on what to write

So you would say:

The Robertsons studied several infants who had to go into a nursery for a short stay while their mothers went into hospital to have a child. They collected data through observations with a 16mm camera. They conducted serval case studies, in particular a young child, John who remained in a residential nursery for nine days whilst his mother went into hospital to have a child. He went from a well-adjusted child to one who was rejecting upon renunion of his caregiver. John became increasingly upset and cried when he first got there. He attempt to form an attachment with another nurse, this stage was known as protest. John then began to despair- his appetite diminished and he became increasingly withdrawn, he began to seek comfort in objects instead of people. Upon renunion of his mother, John was rejecting and underwent detachment- it took several months for John to return his relationship to normal.
Sorry need to learn my definitions
Original post by SunDun111
So for a question with 12 marks about disruption of attachment would you outline he PDD model for 6 marks a01 then evaluate it and use robertsons videos of john as supporting evidence?

I would write about the Robertsons study and include the PDD model in AO1. John would also be included in AO1 as well. For AO2 I would evaluate the study in terms on research methods, how data was collected, population vaildity, strengths and weaknesses of a case study. For AO1, PDD would not get full marks- you need the study made evidence of this like in Anisworth's study.
Privation- where an infant has been unable to for, an attachment and has missed the window of opportunity.

Deprivation- Usually known as separation from caregiver is where the infant is separated from a short period of time from their caregivers, usually for daycare, hospitalisation or divorce or work.
Original post by FluorescentM
Jacob found the capacity of STM to be between 5 and 9 items. A few years after, Miller studied different research's into the capacity of STM and he concluded that it was 7 plus or minus two items calling it the "magic number 7".

So yeah just write items for both, I haven't heard chunks being user

Thanks for the response. :smile: I completely understand now and I will be sure to use items. :smile:
Does anyone have any notes on attachment that they don't mind sending me asap? My exam is on Monday and I'm so hazy on the topic and it doesn't help when your teacher is off half the year!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending