The Student Room Group
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth

|| Falmouth Freshers 2015 ||

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abbey45
I'm in the same situation! I'm coming from Scotland to do the dance and choreography course and have been told there is only shared rooms available. Pretty nervous as I'v no idea who I will be sharing with and I'm not sure when you find that kind of thing out? anyone know? and anyone any info on what shared rooms is like?

I haven't heard anything about the shared rooms but for now i'm considering moving into a house with some friends that only got shared too, its worth looking to see if anyone else is moving into a house and needs new people if you're not interested in shared rooms otherwise give them a call and see what they can tell you about the rooms
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth
Reply 201
Original post by charlottei
Although I've not been allocated a shared room personally, I've just accepted my offer and reading through the info I found that you're not provided with the details of your room (presumably including who you're sharing with) until just before moving in. As cmauldholmes said, it makes sense as they need to know exactly who is coming before they can start allocating specific rooms.

So yeah it looks like you might have to wait a little while. :/
Sorry you didn't manage to get your first choice by the way

yeah thats true I suppose, Thanks so much for getting back too me!
Cant wait to get to Falmouth its going to be such a big change :smile:
Reply 202
Original post by Hughesy143
I haven't heard anything about the shared rooms but for now i'm considering moving into a house with some friends that only got shared too, its worth looking to see if anyone else is moving into a house and needs new people if you're not interested in shared rooms otherwise give them a call and see what they can tell you about the rooms

Thank you.
Yeah I don't know anyone I would be living with either way but that's a great help thanks :smile:
Original post by Abbey45
yeah thats true I suppose, Thanks so much for getting back too me!
Cant wait to get to Falmouth its going to be such a big change :smile:

Aha it's ok. Me too, I'm counting it down by the day!

How long is it going to take to get to Falmouth from Scotland though? I thought it was pretty far for me, coming from Manchester. :P
Reply 204
Aha it's ok. Me too, I'm counting it down by the day!

How long is it going to take to get to Falmouth from Scotland though? I thought it was pretty far for me, coming from Manchester. :P

Im really excited but also really scared! haha

haha yeah your luckier than me. Well I live in a place called Carnoustie and for getting to my audition in Falmouth it took me definitely over 13 hours just by train :/
Original post by Abbey45
Im really excited but also really scared! haha

haha yeah your luckier than me. Well I live in a place called Carnoustie and for getting to my audition in Falmouth it took me definitely over 13 hours just by train :/

Oh my god, 13 hours!! That's ridiculous. When I drove down for my interview (well, when my mum drove me down aha) it took about 6 and half, which I thought was a pretty long time... you must have really loved Falmouth in order to travel that far?

I'm mainly just excited at the moment... I know I'll be absolutely terrified nearer the time, but for now I'll just concentrate on how excited I am. :biggrin:
Reply 206
Oh my god, 13 hours!! That's ridiculous. When I drove down for my interview (well, when my mum drove me down aha) it took about 6 and half, which I thought was a pretty long time... you must have really loved Falmouth in order to travel that far?

I'm mainly just excited at the moment... I know I'll be absolutely terrified nearer the time, but for now I'll just concentrate on how excited I am. :biggrin:

I know! it was brutal!
six hours is still fairly long! and in a car aswell

well I applied for Falmouth in the mind set that it'd be awesome to go as you dont get this course in Scotland but I never thought Id get in. But once I got there I was shocked its such a lovely place, good campus, good course and everyone was so friendly! its nothing like the college course I am on atm. So yeah really loved it!

Haha I should take a leaf out of your book I'm such a worrier!
Original post by Abbey45
I know! it was brutal!
six hours is still fairly long! and in a car aswell

well I applied for Falmouth in the mind set that it'd be awesome to go as you dont get this course in Scotland but I never thought Id get in. But once I got there I was shocked its such a lovely place, good campus, good course and everyone was so friendly! its nothing like the college course I am on atm. So yeah really loved it!

Haha I should take a leaf out of your book I'm such a worrier!

Yeah, I guess it was worse for my mum! At least when I got bored I could just have a nap. :P

Ahhh I've heard so many stories like this about Falmouth. It really confirms my decision. :smile:
It was similar for me, I liked the look of it on the website but it only properly hit me when I visited. I just got such a good feeling about it. And yes, everyone was so friendly to me too! I also noticed how ridiculously happy everyone seemed - there was such an amazing atmosphere.

Ok I think I should shut up about Falmouth now, I'm getting overexcited again aha.

And trust me, I'm usually a huge worrier. I guess all of my worry is being concentrated on my exams at the moment though, so I'm letting uni be a nice light at the end of the tunnel for now. :biggrin:
Reply 208
Oh god yeah that would of sucked.

Thats so true! Everyone was so positive. I try and explain it to folk back home but i definiteky think you have to experience iT yourself .

Ugh dont even mention exams! But i wish you best of luck and hopefully see you at Falmouth! :biggrin:
Original post by Abbey45
Oh god yeah that would of sucked.

Thats so true! Everyone was so positive. I try and explain it to folk back home but i definiteky think you have to experience iT yourself .

Ugh dont even mention exams! But i wish you best of luck and hopefully see you at Falmouth! :biggrin:

That's true.

And haha, ok, sorry! Yeah, best of luck to you too, and (maybe) see you in a couple of months. :biggrin:
Reply 210
I haven't got an email yet! I'm so nervous now :colondollar:
Original post by Pocamora
Yeah I'm really surprised at how many people are going straight from A-Levels! I've loved my foundation course :tongue: And I'm sure you can use the textiles facilities if you want to!

Yeah definitely :smile: I'm from Wiltshire, you?

Also anyone else in Sidings?!! I can't be the only one :biggrin: bit sad I'm not in Glasney but hey ho x

Hi I'll be living in the Sidings what block are you in? :biggrin:
Original post by Ellie~
I haven't got an email yet! I'm so nervous now :colondollar:

Aww hold in there. They're probably sending them out in batches... hopefully it won't be long for you now. :smile:
Paid the deposit! Room is secure. See you Glasney folks in September! (The Sidings folks too, I want to hang out on those awesome sofas you guys get)
Original post by Stefan_H
Paid the deposit! Room is secure. See you Glasney folks in September! (The Sidings folks too, I want to hang out on those awesome sofas you guys get)

See you there :tongue: what are you studying?? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ellpaigee
Hi I'll be living in the Sidings what block are you in? :biggrin:

Yay another Sidings person! :biggrin: I haven't paid my deposit yet (still scraping up the money!) but I'll do it on monday :smile:
What block are you in? Have you found anyone else in the same flat as you? :tongue:
Original post by rsadudley
See you there :tongue: what are you studying?? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sustainable Product Design! What about you?

Haha can't wait to make some sofa forts :wink:
Sustainable Product Design! What about you?

Oh wow that sounds really cool :smile: and I'm doing photography:smile: where are you from??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pocamora
Haha can't wait to make some sofa forts :wink:

Haha we're going to need to find some architecture students :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest