The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by AndersonRN
I went on 22nd Feb I think, haven't heard back yet! ������

I had mine this week, and got a text telling me to check my emails or login application portal. Not had an email through to my Hotmail yet through. I'm based in London on the Commercial scheme I hope. Where are you based and what did you apply for? Best of luck.

We are pleased to confirm that you have been successful at the assessment centre stage. Once all assessment centres have been completed at the end of May, we will contact you again with details of location, role and department in which you will be offered a role.
Original post by MrBuck
I had mine this week, and got a text telling me to check my emails or login application portal. Not had an email through to my Hotmail yet through. I'm based in London on the Commercial scheme I hope. Where are you based and what did you apply for? Best of luck.

Newcastle and surrounding areas and business admin, well done on your successful FSAC, that's fantastic!
Reply 202
I had my assessment centre in London about 3 weeks ago. Like Buck, I received a text saying I was successful and on my portal it claims they have sent me an email telling me I was successful, although I've never received it. Will be interesting to see what they come up with re: roles and postings - it's weird being offered a job but having no idea where it is/what you will be doing.
Hi,

I went to the central London assessment centre last month and like srbd and MrBuck have received confirmation that I was successful via text. No email, though my communication says they have emailed.

I too received an email with the competency frameworks to be assessed by.. a few weeks after having attended. Silly buggers!

London was my first and only choice for location. Business Admin was my first and only choice for framework. I'm hoping I get it.

Congrats to all other successful candidates. If you fancy a chat please do PM me! I'm especially interested in hearing from other successful London apprentices.

Cheers,

Spaceman
Reply 204
How long did it take from your assessment date for you to receive the text confirming you have been successful?
Reply 205
Original post by Urban_Spaceman
Hi,

I went to the central London assessment centre last month and like srbd and MrBuck have received confirmation that I was successful via text. No email, though my communication says they have emailed.

I too received an email with the competency frameworks to be assessed by.. a few weeks after having attended. Silly buggers!

London was my first and only choice for location. Business Admin was my first and only choice for framework. I'm hoping I get it.

Congrats to all other successful candidates. If you fancy a chat please do PM me! I'm especially interested in hearing from other successful London apprentices.

Cheers,

Spaceman

Congratulations to you! I've just done my assessment recently, how did the group exercise, written exam and interview go for you?
Original post by MrDC
Congratulations to you! I've just done my assessment recently, how did the group exercise, written exam and interview go for you?

Hi,

I was with a nice bunch of lads for the assessment centre. I found it a pretty enjoyable experience. I worried that I might have talked a bit too much and accidentally dominated it a bit. I think that age may have been an advantage there - but I'm probably a tad older than most Fast Track applicants.

The written exercise, well.. I sat there and panicked for a good 15 minutes, then got my head together and managed to pull through a pretty decent answer I think. If I were to analyse critically what I wrote then I'd say I certainly didn't think about the impact of the question(s) to my fellow colleagues, but I managed to get through a decent bit of what was presented to me. If anyone is yet to sit their assessment centre then I'd recommend taking heed of specifically what your job role is stipulated to be! Think about the bigger picture.

I think my interview went particularly well. I felt a real rapport with the two who interviewed me, which made answering their questions a bit more stress-free. I was in there for 45mins-1hr. For anyone yet to sit their assessment centre, make sure you don't freak out at the interview. If halfway through answering a question you forget what they asked, make sure you ask them to repeat the question! If you aren't sure what they're asking then just say as much. Try to think of some questions to ask them - have a think about how you can formulate your passion for the apprenticeship into a question.

Good luck MrDC. How do you feel it went for you?

I sat the assessment centre in early April. I received my acceptance yesterday. I can look up specific dates if you'd like.

Cheers,

Spaceman
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 207
Thanks for replying back so quick!

Your experience sounds familiar to how mine went. The group exercise I feel quite confident that I performed well because of the other applicants I was with. We all got ourselves to participate and deliver on time so I felt good about that.

The written exam likewise for me was the most difficult part, possibly the part where i didn't do well, it did take a little while to get my head around it but I did manage to answer the questions so hopefully I did enough for that.

The interview flew by very fast, I answered every question and the interviewers were lovely people they made it comfortable for me and were very encouraging.

I'll just have to wait for the reply to see how it actually went for me. I will probably have to wait until next month for a reply then but wouldn't mind one sooner even if its a rejection. My main preferences were IT and cyber security.

A tip for those who have not done there assessment.
- Make sure you read over every competency in that PDF file they email you and have examples ready it will definitely help you in the interview.

- with the written test, read over everything and breathe, do not panic then answer the questions.

- group exercise, get involved, listen to others and get everybody to participate.

Wish you guys all the best (even if i don't get in)
Hey guys! Just interested to see has anyone been told they have been accepted, that aren't from London? Panicking a bit about not having a text through yet, but it seems like you guys that have all got in are from London! So hoping that they're just filling those vacancies first :smile:
Reply 209
For all those who have been to the assessment centre, I'd just like to know if you were asked to sit the online tests again?
Original post by Jid12
For all those who have been to the assessment centre, I'd just like to know if you were asked to sit the online tests again?

No, I was not.
If you are referring to the written test it is not like the online tests, maybe a tad like the situational one
Reply 211
Original post by MrDC
How long did it take from your assessment date for you to receive the text confirming you have been successful?

Assessment centre 16th April, text on 7 May. I applied for Business Admin in London.
Original post by 321AQ
I haven't heard anything since completing all of the online test on the 26rd March. I have applied for Finance/Commercial in the Midlands. Can anyone tell me if they have received an invitation to the assessment centre as its been a long time and I haven't heard anything from them.

I'm in a similar situation but was a few weeks later completing the tests due to me only applying rather late for the apprenticeship. I think I completed the tests on 15th of April (the closing date was the 19th of April) so my application should have been received by them (and I haven't received anything saying otherwise) to be marked and decided upon whether I get to an assessment centre or not. It's the wait that's starting to get to me now, not knowing if I'm advancing in the process or not. Can't do anything other than wait I suppose.
Original post by Robbo-92
I'm in a similar situation but was a few weeks later completing the tests due to me only applying rather late for the apprenticeship. I think I completed the tests on 15th of April (the closing date was the 19th of April) so my application should have been received by them (and I haven't received anything saying otherwise) to be marked and decided upon whether I get to an assessment centre or not. It's the wait that's starting to get to me now, not knowing if I'm advancing in the process or not. Can't do anything other than wait I suppose.

without sounding horrible I'm so glad other people are in the same position as me, I'm sick of waiting loads of people mainly down south have had there jobs confirmed, so with any luck our area is just a lot slower. fingers crossed guys
You guys that haven't heard anything about assessment centre yet, if you want some peace of mind I'd advise you call the relevant capita people, their number will be available somewhere on the website or in the emails you have recieved :smile:
Reply 215
Original post by christophaw
Hey guys! Just interested to see has anyone been told they have been accepted, that aren't from London? Panicking a bit about not having a text through yet, but it seems like you guys that have all got in are from London! So hoping that they're just filling those vacancies first :smile:

Hey. I had my assessment on 30 April & heard back on 7th May so you should hear back soon. Good luck :smile:
Reply 216
Hey, has anyone got the email with the competencies on it that are needed for the interview at the assessment centre?
Original post by ToniL_x
Hey, has anyone got the email with the competencies on it that are needed for the interview at the assessment centre?

PM me and I will forward them to you :-)
Hey i had my assessments centre on the 1st may and i haven't heard anything back yet, has anyone else had their assessments around this time and heard back?! :confused:

also for those that have what did the text say?
Original post by anagoogi
Hey i had my assessments centre on the 1st may and i haven't heard anything back yet, has anyone else had their assessments around this time and heard back?! :confused:

also for those that have what did the text say?

You won't hear back over the weekend, acceptances and rejections will probably go out starting this week because I think there's some assessment centres going on still

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending