The Student Room Group

OCR AS History A- Britain

Is anyone else taking the History source paper on 13th May? (England and a New Century 1900-24)
Original post by ellie0497
Is anyone else taking the History source paper on 13th May? (England and a New Century 1900-24)

I'm doing the Tudors section of the source paper. (British history enquiries early modern)
Reply 2
Original post by Arsenal1471
I'm doing the Tudors section of the source paper. (British history enquiries early modern)

Oh ok. Are you familiar with the 'compare the two sources' question?
Original post by ellie0497
Oh ok. Are you familiar with the 'compare the two sources' question?

The 30 marker? Yes, what's up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I am, but I'll be doing the Gladstone and Disraeli.
Reply 5
The 30 marker? Yes, what's up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
yes, i'm kind of struggling with the 30 marker. Do you just talk about the information in the source or do you talk about the source and add in your own detail?
This paper is source driven. In this question we were taught to do a structure of :

Similarities
Differences
Provenance

We were told to only add historical context when relevant and not to mention it for the sake of it. For example, perhaps using it to evaluate the provenance. More knowledge must be used in Question B, but again, it's source driven!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
This paper is source driven. In this question we were taught to do a structure of :

Similarities
Differences
Provenance

We were told to only add historical context when relevant and not to mention it for the sake of it. For example, perhaps using it to evaluate the provenance. More knowledge must be used in Question B, but again, it's source driven!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you very much x

Quick Reply

Latest