The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Juday
So I'm retaking psya1 and I keep seeing PDD on here but I can't remember what that is :') any help? Thanks x

You don't HAVE to use it though. You could still get full marks in a 12 marker by using other source+evaluation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Go to study's for paper 1?
When evaluating MSM with Bahrick to demonstrate two separate stores would you also have to use peterson to demonstrate STM has a shorter duration
Regarding cultural differences in attachment, can you still use studies on cultural similarities, or explain why there are similarities from Van Ijzendoorn's meta-analysis?
Original post by geeee11
Regarding cultural differences in attachment, can you still use studies on cultural similarities, or explain why there are similarities from Van Ijzendoorn's meta-analysis?

Questions on culture are usually "cultural variations" so it would be similarities or differences. For example, Tronick for similarity and Grossman & Grossman for differences. However if it tells you to outline one study into differences then you should mention Grossman and Grossman. Van Ijzendoorn showed similarities.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Shamzy25
Questions on culture are usually "cultural variations" so it would be similarities or differences. For example, Tronick for similarity and Grossman & Grossman for differences. However if it tells you to outline one study into differences then you should mention Grossman and Grossman. Van Ijzendoorn showed similarities.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah I thought so - thank you for clarifying that though :smile:
Reply 386
Does anyone have any predictions on what could come up as the 12 marker for unit one?
Also, is two days enough to learn all of unit one? I pretty much know cognitive psychology, just need to do developmental this weekend. Also, how much have people revised for research methods, is there a point revising it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NutE
Does anyone have any predictions on what could come up as the 12 marker for unit one?
Also, is two days enough to learn all of unit one? I pretty much know cognitive psychology, just need to do developmental this weekend. Also, how much have people revised for research methods, is there a point revising it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

25% of the paper is research methods so yes it's worth having a look at. I'm not sure if two days is enough ... it wouldn't be for me. However i don't exactly know what you're capable of so maybe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You don't HAVE to use it though. You could still get full marks in a 12 marker by using other source+evaluation

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! :smile:
I thought for cultural variation questions you just use van ijzendoorn and kroonenberg, for a 12 marker could you outline this study in full to get 6 marks? That's what my teacher taught us
Reply 390
Original post by SunDun111
I thought for cultural variation questions you just use van ijzendoorn and kroonenberg, for a 12 marker could you outline this study in full to get 6 marks? That's what my teacher taught us

Yep that's what I'll be doing. I'm sure it'll be enough if you write it in detail

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 391
25% of the paper is research methods so yes it's worth having a look at. I'm not sure if two days is enough ... it wouldn't be for me. However i don't exactly know what you're capable of so maybe.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah okay, thanks for the reply mate

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 392
I have been very limited for time (circumstantially) and have therefore had to condense the majority of my learning into this weekend. I have learnt all 12 mark question points (vaguely - with 2-4 specific points and studies for both ao1 and 2), and just need to go over daycare effects, influence of att/dc research and then some of research methods. Then I am planning to attempt a few past papers today and tomorrow. Do you think this is enough? Are there any techniques I can use to allow effective revision in the short time I have to work in? Thank you.
Original post by 09Laura
I have been very limited for time (circumstantially) and have therefore had to condense the majority of my learning into this weekend. I have learnt all 12 mark question points (vaguely - with 2-4 specific points and studies for both ao1 and 2), and just need to go over daycare effects, influence of att/dc research and then some of research methods. Then I am planning to attempt a few past papers today and tomorrow. Do you think this is enough? Are there any techniques I can use to allow effective revision in the short time I have to work in? Thank you.

Just keep practicing essay writing. You seem to have your points so you don't have to do much reading. Just make sure you get used to essay writing. Past papers are very useful so I think you'll be fine. Don't stress too much. You're smarter than you think :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SunDun111

If it's in enough detail and you have enough AO2 points, you'll be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NutE

Posted from TSR Mobile

Two days better be enough or I'm in for a nasty surprise on results day. Revision's going alright ATM. The topics I've done I look at ppl questions and can answer them reasonably well. We can do thisss

Research methods is annoying, I can answer a fair few questions without having revised it since ages, so a quick read over should do it :s

Tl;Dr I iz well terrified
Reply 396
Thank you for your feedback! I'm aiming for an A, so I can hopefully do the impossible and be prepared by Sunday night haha :smile:
Reply 397
But by talking about john in a01 this would get full marks 6/6 how can it not because there isnt much else to write about
Ive seen that an essay question has never come up on research for improving day care. Im really confused how you would answer this question: Discuss how research into attachment and day care has influenced child care practices??? Does anyone have a sample answer or just know what to write?
Do you think if I write a 12 mark question answer for each topic that is enough revision for unit 1?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending