The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Which accommodation should I choose?

Hey guys,

After firming Nottingham I need to pick which accommodation I want ASAP, but I'm kind of stuck. I'll be studying management so will be at the Jubilee Campus, but I don't mind having to get the free(?) bus to my lectures.

I figure my options are Raleigh Park, St. Peter's Court, or Broadgate Park. I preferably want an en suite, although I do realise I may have left it a bit late for that! I definitely want self-catered too.

I'm not that fussy in all honesty, I just want a nice place to live with decent wifi that's not too far away from everything! I could just do with some advice.

Thanks! 😊
Reply 1
Original post by Dear_Rhian
Hey guys,

After firming Nottingham I need to pick which accommodation I want ASAP, but I'm kind of stuck. I'll be studying management so will be at the Jubilee Campus, but I don't mind having to get the free(?) bus to my lectures.

I figure my options are Raleigh Park, St. Peter's Court, or Broadgate Park. I preferably want an en suite, although I do realise I may have left it a bit late for that! I definitely want self-catered too.

I'm not that fussy in all honesty, I just want a nice place to live with decent wifi that's not too far away from everything! I could just do with some advice.

Thanks! ������

Hey,
I firmed my offer recently and wanted to be in Broadgate park or raleigh park. I wanted the en-suite as well but when I applied for accommodation like ALL the options were already taken. I just had to put options down that I don't really want so I'd say do your application now and see what options are left.
(edited 8 years ago)
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Tyler_S
Hey, I firmed my offer recently and wanted to be in Broadgate park or raleigh park. I wanted the en-suite as well but when I applied for accommodation like ALL the options were already taken. I just had to put options down that I don't really want so I'd say do your application now and see what options are left.

Thanks for for the reply! Yeah, I was torn between Nottingham and Loughborough so I ended up picking on deadline day.

I've sent an application off now and yeah, didn't exactly have loads to choose from. I put St. Peter's as my 1st choice because an en suite is my main priority. I just hope I'll like it, assuming I'll even get a room there!

Which places did you end up picking?
Reply 3
Thanks for for the reply! Yeah, I was torn between Nottingham and Loughborough so I ended up picking on deadline day.

I've sent an application off now and yeah, didn't exactly have loads to choose from. I put St. Peter's as my 1st choice because an en suite is my main priority. I just hope I'll like it, assuming I'll even get a room there!

Which places did you end up picking?

yeah it took me so long to decide too. I put broadgate park as my first for the en-suite studio but its so expensive. St peters was my second with the en-suite. I can't believe all the good ones are gone already :frown:. surely if people dont get the grades then options will open up so you should be able to change. I've got an unconditional so I'm definitely going.
Reply 4
Original post by Tyler_S
yeah it took me so long to decide too. I put broadgate park as my first for the en-suite studio but its so expensive. St peters was my second with the en-suite. I can't believe all the good ones are gone already :frown:. surely if people dont get the grades then options will open up so you should be able to change. I've got an unconditional so I'm definitely going.

Yeah, that's why I put St. Peter's as my first, studio en-suite's are too expensive for me, grr. You'd think so yeah! Plus I figure in the end it's just one year, for the other 2/3 years you'll be in a shared house most likely. My offer's unconditional too, so hopefully more options could open up!
Reply 5
Yeah, that's why I put St. Peter's as my first, studio en-suite's are too expensive for me, grr. You'd think so yeah! Plus I figure in the end it's just one year, for the other 2/3 years you'll be in a shared house most likely. My offer's unconditional too, so hopefully more options could open up!

hahaha its probably too expensive for me, my student loan won't cover that but I can't be sharing a bathroom with people I don't know and St Peters is SO far away from where I'll be on campus. At least in second year you get to choose who you live with. And I have no idea how it works, but surely not everyone who's accepted accommodation will get in so there must be more options. It's just a case of whether they let you transfer because apparently you only get so long to confirm the offer and pay the deposit, so I'll probably have to accept something I don't want. What course are you doing?
Reply 6
Original post by Tyler_S
hahaha its probably too expensive for me, my student loan won't cover that but I can't be sharing a bathroom with people I don't know and St Peters is SO far away from where I'll be on campus. At least in second year you get to choose who you live with. And I have no idea how it works, but surely not everyone who's accepted accommodation will get in so there must be more options. It's just a case of whether they let you transfer because apparently you only get so long to confirm the offer and pay the deposit, so I'll probably have to accept something I don't want. What course are you doing?

If worse comes to worse I can share a bathroom, I have in the past, but it's not exactly something I love doing! I'm at Jubilee campus, so in that respect beijf stuck with St. Peter's is hardly an awful situation. Yeah exactly, I mean there'd be a bunch of rooms spare otherwise, so they must surely go somewhere. Maybe email the accommodation department and ask about it?

Oh, and I'll be studying Management. You?
Reply 7
Yeah I emailed earlier so I'll let you know what the options are. At the end of the day wherever I'm living I'll be fine. I guess it's just more comfortable to not share a bathroom, no long shower queues.

And nice, I'm doing chemical engineering.

Quick Reply