The Student Room Group

Girls, would you reject a guy if he stumbled/stuttered while speaking to you?

Say a guy approached you but he was basically really nervous as he wanted to create a good impression, however ended up doing this. Would you think, "he seems to lack confidence so I wouldn't want to get with him" or along those lines, just wondering...

Scroll to see replies

No, I wouldn't reject him lol It'd be kind of cute and I'd appreciate the effort he put into trying to talk to me. Shows he has some confidence in there.
Not at all! I stutter too so it would be weird if I did
It would be quite cute too :h:
Original post by Multitalented me
Say a guy approached you but he was basically really nervous as he wanted to create a good impression, however ended up doing this. Would you think, "he seems to lack confidence so I wouldn't want to get with him" or along those lines, just wondering...

Why go for beta when you can have alpha?
of course not, especially considering I trip over words when speaking all the time :tongue:
Reply 5
If he had an actual stutter then no course not

If he was like this a lot I probably wouldn't be into him cos I like men who are confident in themselves. I do get men quite nervous around me and it can be a bit of a drag, I don't like feeling like a guy is intimidated by me, I want to know who he is
Reply 6
Nah, I think it's pretty sweet.
It definitely wouldn't stop me from considering a guy on it's own. I've dated shy guys before and provided they're not shy to the point they can't leave the house, which is problematic, it's no issue. In fact it may even swing towards their favour if they're blatantly nervous but bit the bullet and spoke to me anyway, that shows a lot more courage in my eyes than a pitch perfect delivery.
Reply 8
Its cute.
I'd find it endearing that he was so nervous

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EraseMeElysion
It definitely wouldn't stop me from considering a guy on it's own. I've dated shy guys before and provided they're not shy to the point they can't leave the house, which is problematic, it's no issue. In fact it may even swing towards their favour if they're blatantly nervous but bit the bullet and spoke to me anyway, that shows a lot more courage in my eyes than a pitch perfect delivery.

I agree with that. Although I've only really been with confident guys (apart from one), I think it would show a lot of courage for a guy like that to put in the effort and try.
Original post by godivaontherocks
No, I wouldn't reject him lol It'd be kind of cute and I'd appreciate the effort he put into trying to talk to me. Shows he has some confidence in there.
AGREED it would show confidence and courage - FINE BY ME
Original post by Judomandeano
AGREED it would show confidence and courage - FINE BY ME

Hey gurlfriend, how've you been? :wink:x
I wouldn't be bothered at all :smile: kindness and humour are the most important qualities to me

Posted from TSR Mobile
As long as he's cute why not :smile:
Original post by godivaontherocks
Hey gurlfriend, how've you been? :wink:x

I am all good, all the better for hearing from you x
I know this get passed around a lot but confidence is everything.

Stumbling or stuttering kind of suggests that a normally non-confident guy is really making an effort. The initiative to talk with this kind of personality shows a girl a different type of confidence, aka you think they're worth the difficulty talking to them (difficulty as in a personal difficulty talking to girls, not "omg talking to this girl makes me want to blow my own brains out" difficult).
Original post by Judomandeano
I am all good, all the better for hearing from you x

Awww, thanks hun. :smile:x
I am pretty sure I could take his mind off his stutter :colondollar:
Haha I think I'm the only one who finds it a bit wussy. Damnit I'm always the minority

Quick Reply

Latest