The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

For disruption of attachment for AO1 dont you talk about substitute emotional care where the Robertsons fostered three children as well as john (pdd)
??
Would anyone be willing to mark a 12 marker that I do? As I don't think im structuring it properly, thank :smile:
Original post by Juday
Would anyone be willing to mark a 12 marker that I do? As I don't think im structuring it properly, thank :smile:

Of course :tongue:
Just a general question when answering a 12 mark que on MSM. Do you think it's ok to just use the abbreviation STM & LTM right from the start or do we have to say Short Term Memory (STM) and Long Term Memeory (LTM) then use the abbreviations afterwards?
Original post by SunDun111
They seems to be a bit of confusion over disruption of attachment, my teacher told me if I get asked a 12 mark question about disruption of attachment I'd outline the PDD model? Then I'd use the study of john as a02? Is this right

We havent even learnt the PDD model so I hope not
Original post by K3lvin
This is what I am confused about to hopefully this does not come up as a 12 marker most likely bowlby theory or daycare peer relations or institutionalization will appear but who knows, when it comes to disruption of attachment for a01 i would talk about john in nursery as a01 because it shows the effects of disruption of attacment and to evaluate you can write that the amount of care he got was less(attention) u see what i mean so i would follow it like that

Could you use ethical issues for the ao2 on John like confidentiality and privacy, also that he is too young to give informed consent to be studied
Original post by NutE
Does anyone have any predictions on what could come up as the 12 marker for unit one?
Also, is two days enough to learn all of unit one? I pretty much know cognitive psychology, just need to do developmental this weekend. Also, how much have people revised for research methods, is there a point revising it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im thinking how research into attachment and day care has influenced chil care practices - never been a question on it so could come up! And yes, two days is fine if you know all cognitive just make sure you go over everything and you still have monday morning before the exam!! And i would definetely revise research methods - easy marks although alot of it you can make up and is kind of common sense like advantages and disadvantages of questionnaires etc. But make sure you know experimental designs and sampling methods, they often come up! Good luck :smile:
Research into how attachment has influenced child care practises is really unlikely unlikely to get come up as a 12 marker. There is probably technically enough material but you cannot really distinguish between the AO1 and AO2. It's likely to come up as a much smaller question, maybe 6 marks?
Original post by K3lvin
But by talking about john in a01 this would get full marks 6/6 how can it not because there isnt much else to write about

Laura as well. She was admitted to hospital for 8 days and her parents would visit her but never take her home. This made her alternate between calm and distressed states. It made the video hard to watch so they withdrew her. The other four kids (Kate, Thomas, Lucy and Jane) were looked after by the Robertsons and received high levels of substitute emotional care.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DMaster1
Just a general question when answering a 12 mark que on MSM. Do you think it's ok to just use the abbreviation STM & LTM right from the start or do we have to say Short Term Memory (STM) and Long Term Memeory (LTM) then use the abbreviations afterwards?

Mention that it is short term memory and long term memory first. Then use the abbreviations.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by geeee11
Research into how attachment has influenced child care practises is really unlikely unlikely to get come up as a 12 marker. There is probably technically enough material but you cannot really distinguish between the AO1 and AO2. It's likely to come up as a much smaller question, maybe 6 marks?

I know thats exactly what I thought, but there is a lot of revision stuff online and there is actually quite a lot you could write. Hope it doesnt come up though, sounds like a rubbish question haha :smile:
Original post by Kloekayne
Do you think if I write a 12 mark question answer for each topic that is enough revision for unit 1?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes. If you know all of it in detail then of course. However other topics such as capacity, duration and encoding need to be looked at. Also, research methods as well. Then it's all done.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anniemp
I know thats exactly what I thought, but there is a lot of revision stuff online and there is actually quite a lot you could write. Hope it doesnt come up though, sounds like a rubbish question haha :smile:

Yeah I agree, I researched it and saw so many studies you can use but I can't see them basing the 12 marker on it because it seems a bit pointless although we never know :frown:
Original post by geeee11
Yeah I agree, I researched it and saw so many studies you can use but I can't see them basing the 12 marker on it because it seems a bit pointless although we never know :frown:

I know, better to be prepared for any question they could throw at us though! I do think it will be an attachment essay though because there have been soo many memory ones in the past! Just have to wait and see! :frown:
I much prefer unit 2! Unit 1 is very difficult for me, I find that stress and social is a lot easier to remember as it seems like there are less studies. Studies are probably my weakness. :smile:
Original post by NutE
Does anyone have any predictions on what could come up as the 12 marker for unit one?
Also, is two days enough to learn all of unit one? I pretty much know cognitive psychology, just need to do developmental this weekend. Also, how much have people revised for research methods, is there a point revising it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm trying to learn all of the developmental psychology this weekend, for some reason it never stuck in my head. With regards to research methods it depends how well you know it and understand it. I find it relatively easy so did minimal revision for that. However, it is a third of the paper so if you don't understand it then I suggest you revise it :smile:
Original post by anniemp
I know, better to be prepared for any question they could throw at us though! I do think it will be an attachment essay though because there have been soo many memory ones in the past! Just have to wait and see! :frown:

I still don't have a 12 marker plan for that question so if it does come up I will have to wing it haha. I'd much rather it be one of the theories of attachment or a model of memory :frown:
Do you think that you would have to know evaluation for mnemonic techniques?
Original post by Shamzy25
Mention that it is short term memory and long term memory first. Then use the abbreviations.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you even write for a 12 marker on how research has influenced child care practices? is childcare practices day care? I'm so confused

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending