The Student Room Group

Was this despicable?

So a group of my friends in my A level year, before an important revision session for an exam, spiked a girls drink with laxatives, so that instead of being able to attend she had to go to the toilet and was hysterical and very upset when she was found (they had removed the toilet paper from the bathroom before she entered it), I do not really agree with what they did, but they thought it was the right thing to do.

My friends will be going to differed universities than me. So should I just distance myself from them until my A levels finish and I begin university.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GlassShatters
So a group of my friends in my A level year, before an important revision session for an exam, spiked a girls drink with laxatives, so that instead of being able to attend she had to go to the toilet and was hysterical and very upset when she was found (they had removed the toilet paper from the bathroom before she entered it), I do not really agree with what they did, but they thought it was the right thing to do.

My friends will be going to differed universities than me. So should I just distance myself from them until my A levels finish and I begin university.

What the f***, that is horrible.

I would not be friends with these knobs if I were you.
Original post by Dancatpro
What the f***, that is horrible.

I would not be friends with these knobs if I were you.

I was not aware about the spiking of her drink before it happened by the way!

For some reason though, they believe it was the right thing to do to spike her drink with laxatives!
I was not aware about the spiking of her drink before it happened by the way!

For some reason though, they believe it was the right thing to do to spike her drink with laxatives!

How in any way is that a good or correct thing to do?
How in any way is that a good or correct thing to do?

I do not know.
I do not know.

Exactly, by the way that is a serious thing to do.

"Drink spiking is illegal. Slipping alcohol or drugs such as tranquillisers, amphetamines or GHB into a friend's drink as a joke is still against the law. People who spike drinks can be charged, fined or jailed. To spike a drink means to put alcohol or drugs into someone's drink without their knowledge or permission."

So yes, they broke the law, do you want to be associated or friends with these people now?
Exactly, by the way that is a serious thing to do.

"Drink spiking is illegal. Slipping alcohol or drugs such as tranquillisers, amphetamines or GHB into a friend's drink as a joke is still against the law. People who spike drinks can be charged, fined or jailed. To spike a drink means to put alcohol or drugs into someone's drink without their knowledge or permission."

So yes, they broke the law, do you want to be associated or friends with these people now?

The girl does not know her drink was spiked. She believes that she just had a bad case of diarrhea. However, she has been very upset that she missed her revision session.
Wtf kind of people do you hang out with? If I were you, I wouldn't even be contemplating that decision. Just cut them off end of.
Original post by godivaontherocks
Wtf kind of people do you hang out with? If I were you, I wouldn't even be contemplating that decision. Just cut them off end of.

Ok. The girl does not know her drink has been spiked and she believes that she just had a bad case of diarrhea. She is very upset about missing the revision session though.
Original post by glassshatters
the girl does not know her drink was spiked. She believes that she just had a bad case of diarrhea. However, she has been very upset that she missed her revision session.

it doesn't ****ing matter if she knows it was spiked or not, it's illegal
it doesn't ****ing matter if she knows it was spiked or not, it's illegal

Yes, I know that. Should I tell her or not?
Ok. The girl does not know her drink has been spiked and she believes that she just had a bad case of diarrhea. She is very upset about missing the revision session though.

Whether she's aware that she got pranked or not is irrelevant. You know, and they know. It was a cruel, weird thing for them to do so it's probably best to avoid them and move on. You'll make new friends at uni.

Yes, I would if I were you.

Tell her:

"XXXXXX spiked your drink with laxatives, I couldn't stop them in time and I had no part in it. I just thought I should tell you."

I would also tell the head of the school as soon as possible.
Like some people have said, I wouldn't even contemplate whether to be friends with them or not. I would be absolutely ashamed to be friends with people like that, get rid of them.

Yes, please do. At least it might make her realise that she wasn't at fault and was just the unfortunate victim of a bunch of morons.
Original post by godivaontherocks
Whether she's aware that she got pranked or not is irrelevant. You know, and they know. It was a cruel, weird thing for them to do so it's probably best to avoid them and move on. You'll make new friends at uni.

Should I tell her that they spiked her drink?
Original post by valkyrie-grey
Like some people have said, I wouldn't even contemplate whether to be friends with them or not. I would be absolutely ashamed to be friends with people like that, get rid of them.

Should I tell her that she got her drink spiked? It might make her more upset, however I feel like I should tell her.
Yes, I would if I were you.

Tell her:

"XXXXXX spiked your drink with laxatives, I couldn't stop them in time and I had no part in it. I just thought I should tell you."

I would also tell the head of the school as soon as possible.

Ok, that seems like the right thing to do.
Ok, that seems like the right thing to do.

See?

You're a good person, not like the people who spiked her drink.

Good decision to do the right thing, you should be proud of yourself!
See?

You're a good person, not like the people who spiked her drink.

Good decision to do the right thing, you should be proud of yourself!

I will tell her when I see her on Monday!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending