The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

I really want to get to do a workout tomorrow but I'm convincing myself that it's shallow and selfish etc. :/ circular almost OCD thing
Original post by ScaryScience
ughhhhhhhhhhh :cry2: this is so hard. everything is so hard

:hugs: I would offer to talk but it's my niece's party soon! :redface:
Original post by Midnightmemories
Thank you <3

you're welcome :smile: knew you could do it :smile:

---

this sounds really childish but I accidentally left a good pen of mine at work yesterday and now someone's taken it :/ I know someone took it because they used it to write up some forms :frown: I liked that pen and I wanted to use it for my exams :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
:hugs: I would offer to talk but it's my niece's party soon! :redface:

Thanks and no worries :hugs:
Original post by Odd socks
you're welcome :smile: knew you could do it :smile:

---

this sounds really childish but I accidentally left a good pen of mine at work yesterday and now someone's taken it :/ I know someone took it because they used it to write up some forms :frown: I liked that pen and I wanted to use it for my exams :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck for your exams :hugs:

--

Ughh, someone's saying that i can't complain about not getting study leave yet.
Excuse me, you have no idea about how much effort it takes sometimes to get out of bed, get dressed and leave the house and deal with people like you.

I don't even get study leave because i have to actually go into school and deal with idiots who hate me because I'm on a stupid list that has to do "exam club" which is basically was of saying you have to come in and do revision with a group of people you hate for three hours a day.

I know that people have it worse and i shouldn't complain about this. But I'm frustrated, tired, run down and I'm very close to just giving up.
Good luck for your exams :hugs:

--

Ughh, someone's saying that i can't complain about not getting study leave yet.
Excuse me, you have no idea about how much effort it takes sometimes to get out of bed, get dressed and leave the house and deal with people like you.

I don't even get study leave because i have to actually go into school and deal with idiots who hate me because I'm on a stupid list that has to do "exam club" which is basically was of saying you have to come in and do revision with a group of people you hate for three hours a day.

I know that people have it worse and i shouldn't complain about this. But I'm frustrated, tired, run down and I'm very close to just giving up.

You are allowed to complain, this isn't a competition of who is suffering the most and just because somebody else may feel worse doesn't make how you feel any less valid.
Ignore the person saying you shouldn't complain, I was complaining that my neighbour has a cough that keeps distracting me earlier, not getting study leave is definitely worth complaining about.
As far as revision club goes, could you just, not show up? If you get asked just say you find it more productive to study at home/in the library/not there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Feel ****. Just had a bunch of people on my course attack me because I said I was requesting an extension for an assignment and asked who the module leader is.
Stuff like "Well I'm sorry but you've been at uni since September, maybe if you attended lectures instead of once a semester you'd know everything, **** sake you really do need the best of luck for next year"
Were on a course where part of it is learning about people with learning difficulties and disabilities and they're being such b****** about it.

I miss lectures because i'm ill, not because I can't be bothered.
Original post by Valvopus
You are allowed to complain, this isn't a competition of who is suffering the most and just because somebody else may feel worse doesn't make how you feel any less valid.
Ignore the person saying you shouldn't complain, I was complaining that my neighbour has a cough that keeps distracting me earlier, not getting study leave is definitely worth complaining about.
As far as revision club goes, could you just, not show up? If you get asked just say you find it more productive to study at home/in the library/not there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think my attendance is going to be watched (as in if I'm not there they're going to phone home), but i think i might just say instead of being where exam club is, can i just go up to the library/work in student support instead...
I'm hoping that i can just ask if i can not be in lessons on Tuesday since thats when my first exam is and I'm going to be in a mess anyway and therefore would find being in the library/student support more beneficial for me...
Original post by BubbleMonkey
Feel ****. Just had a bunch of people on my course attack me because I said I was requesting an extension for an assignment and asked who the module leader is.
Stuff like "Well I'm sorry but you've been at uni since September, maybe if you attended lectures instead of once a semester you'd know everything, **** sake you really do need the best of luck for next year"
Were on a course where part of it is learning about people with learning difficulties and disabilities and they're being such b****** about it.

I miss lectures because i'm ill, not because I can't be bothered.

:hugs: I have an ex-friend who said stuff like that to me last year when I got an extension on my coursework :sadnod: I'm not great at advice but just try to remember that those people are idiots, and you have a valid reason for asking for an extension :yep: big hugs :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think my attendance is going to be watched (as in if I'm not there they're going to phone home), but i think i might just say instead of being where exam club is, can i just go up to the library/work in student support instead...
I'm hoping that i can just ask if i can not be in lessons on Tuesday since thats when my first exam is and I'm going to be in a mess anyway and therefore would find being in the library/student support more beneficial for me...

It seems fair that they'd let you work in the library. Would your parents accept you staying home if you spoke to them about it beforehand? I did this in the lead up for my exams/when I didn't feel like going into school or college.

Posted from TSR Mobile
:hugs: I have an ex-friend who said stuff like that to me last year when I got an extension on my coursework :sadnod: I'm not great at advice but just try to remember that those people are idiots, and you have a valid reason for asking for an extension :yep: big hugs :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. :hugs:
Original post by Valvopus
It seems fair that they'd let you work in the library. Would your parents accept you staying home if you spoke to them about it beforehand? I did this in the lead up for my exams/when I didn't feel like going into school or college.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would probably get it approved up to my head of year and then my head of year would probably say no... He calls my time out card a strop out card for starters... :/ My parents probably would force me to go in... :frown:
I would probably get it approved up to my head of year and then my head of year would probably say no... He calls my time out card a strop out card for starters... :/ My parents probably would force me to go in... :frown:

He sounds terrible, I think working in the library is worth asking about though, just to whichever teacher they have supervising you
the ball fell off the end of my nose ring and it took at least 20 minutes to find and reattach it so now I'm late for meeting some friends :frown: I did manage to leave the house with more adventurous makeup than usual though which is good. I really need to get a blue lipstick

Posted from TSR Mobile
x

Congratulations!!! :biggrin: :woo: :yay: :jive:
feel awful
Original post by superwolf
You are forgiven. :hat:

Also how are you and when you next coming to visit???? :jumphug:

Been ok mostly, had a rather heavy session last night, won't give details right now cause i dont wanna trigger anyone.

Sorry i took so long to reply, i somehow managed to miss that you quoted me! :hugs: Not really sure about when i can visit next, i'm moving back south with family in about a month, and i'm too skint to be able to travel anywhere at the mo, old news i know. Hoping i can find a job when im back in the south, which will allow me to come up, most likely by train. As for when, not in the immediate future im afraid :| Depends on when i get a job, the hours, the holiday time, the pay. Lots of unknowns :s-smilie:
Feeling a bit ill, got a sharp horrible pain right in the centre of my stomach place. Been going on most of the day :frown:

Shattered from first aid training. He touched on PTSD and i started feel awkward explaining things to people :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
Feeling a bit ill, got a sharp horrible pain right in the centre of my stomach place. Been going on most of the day :frown:

Shattered from first aid training. He touched on PTSD and i started feel awkward explaining things to people :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: here if you need anything at all
the ball fell off the end of my nose ring and it took at least 20 minutes to find and reattach it so now I'm late for meeting some friends :frown: I did manage to leave the house with more adventurous makeup than usual though which is good. I really need to get a blue lipstick

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know your pain, i've had to change around my lip rings a few times and christ, the ones with the balls are a nightmare to put back on, takes me about 20 minutes or so sometimes, and that's with rubber gloves :tongue:

Latest