The Student Room Group

Most embarrassing part of being human.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lulu24
That the animal's who are less intellectual than us manage to not kill each other and live in harmony and we're yet to learn how to do that lol.

Do you really think that?

Humans and perhaps chimpanzees and a few others are the only ones with the concept of helping people for no reason other than compassion.

I hope your definition of "living in harmony" isn't lawless barbarism, which is the state of most of the natural world.
(edited 8 years ago)
The most embarrassing part of being human is knowing that a chimp-like ape features in your own family tree, less than a million generations ago.
Having other people hear you use the toilet. :emo: I JUST CAN'T.

Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Happens every year since Year 10 :colonhash:

You started your period in year 10?!
Original post by felamaslen
The most embarrassing part of being human is knowing that a chimp-like ape features in your own family tree, less than a million generations ago.

Why is that embarrassing?
Original post by It's_Ailie
Why is that embarrassing?

Well it's not particularly, but if I had to choose one thing it would probably be that.
Original post by Maid Marian

You started your period in year 10?!

I actually started in Year 8 but as soon as I started doing exams then they always happened during exam days
Well it's not particularly, but if I had to choose one thing it would probably be that.

Fair enough, personally I think that's one of the least embarrassing things about being human. It's amazing to thing that we are a product of billions of years of mistakes and chances that are all so improbable that when you add the probability together the existence of humans is virtually impossible. But here we are.

You could take us back waaay further than apes - we were fish at one point.
When youre on yo period and you sneeze or laugh really hard well..ya know
Fair enough, personally I think that's one of the least embarrassing things about being human. It's amazing to thing that we are a product of billions of years of mistakes and chances that are all so improbable that when you add the probability together the existence of humans is virtually impossible. But here we are.

You could take us back waaay further than apes - we were fish at one point.

Yeah, and another thing is this: out of all the possible humans that could have been born, how probable that one of them was you?
Original post by Lulu24
That the animal's who are less intellectual than us manage to not kill each other and live in harmony and we're yet to learn how to do that lol.

The animal kingdom isn't actually like that mural in Madagascar, it's a relentless, merciless bloodbath every single day, filled with constant stress and anguish both in avoiding predation and in ensuring it to survive, battling against the elements without shelter or central heating, having your home destroyed by humans...there's nothing harmonious about it and there is a great deal of killing involved
Reply 90
Original post by IWantToBeThere
Then they might read your thread :lol:

:lol: Lol!
Reply 91
I thought it were fitting.

[video="youtube;Gaklhn3m0CE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaklhn3m0CE&index=3&list =LLg_vxJeiwCy8zkhmbfofjjw[/video]
Yeah, and another thing is this: out of all the possible humans that could have been born, how probable that one of them was you?

I know, it's incredible when you stop and think about this stuff! Hard to get your head around it, and strange to think about how easily you could just not exist.
Reply 93
Original post by Ki Yung Na
But do you actively try discourage or endorse this?

I endorse some not all. :smile:
I know, it's incredible when you stop and think about this stuff! Hard to get your head around it, and strange to think about how easily you could just not exist.

It's definitely a riposte to those who say their life has no meaning. :smile:
It's definitely a riposte to those who say their life has no meaning. :smile:

Couldn't agree with you more, just the fact that we're all alive is amazing. Sometimes I just want to run up to people who look sad and yell BUT YOU EXIST!
Reply 96
Do you really think that?

Humans and perhaps chimpanzees and a few others are the only ones with the concept of helping people for no reason other than compassion.

I hope your definition of "living in harmony" isn't lawless barbarism, which is the state of most of the natural world.

That's far from true lol. Humans kill other humans for no reason, animals do it for protection or as part of their food cycles. Animal's don't kill other animal's for pure enjoyment.
(edited 8 years ago)
Taking a panic attack in public. I don't mean just a little one, I mean the ones where you act as what people would deem as 'crazy' because you scream or run about. I've had a few like that.
Reply 98
Original post by Birkenhead
The animal kingdom isn't actually like that mural in Madagascar, it's a relentless, merciless bloodbath every single day, filled with constant stress and anguish both in avoiding predation and in ensuring it to survive, battling against the elements without shelter or central heating, having your home destroyed by humans...there's nothing harmonious about it and there is a great deal of killing involved

Home destroyed...BY HUMANS, are you trying to prove my point or counter it? Im not sure. Did you even read what i said lol
Showing interest in someone and not having them like you back. That and farting. And sharting.

When all three mentioned things occur at once.

Also, when you feel like your period has arrived and is seeping through onto the furniture. Honestly never happened to me but I have often feared it would.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest