The Student Room Group

GCSE Edexcel Science Question

If i achieved a Low B for my coursework could it be possible that I could get an A* and what would i need in each exam for it to be an overall A*

Scroll to see replies

Try and Try!!
You will get it!
Original post by NNB_Herath
Try and Try!!
You will get it!

aha xD have any clue whats the minimum grade I need for each exam or mark?
Original post by A*GLORYHUNTER

Forget about boundaries and show what you can do......
You will get your results !!

52/60 (or thereabouts) in all exams should get you your A*, even with B coursework :smile:
Original post by HarryKane28
52/60 (or thereabouts) in all exams should get you your A*, even with B coursework :smile:

Yeah I guess that sounds reasonable :biggrin: Good Luck
Yeah I guess that sounds reasonable :biggrin: Good Luck

I have B coursework too for Biology so i know how it feels :biggrin: revising as much as i can for that A
Best advice, don't look at the grade boundary's now. Just try your apsolute best and try achieve the highest mark you can get, not the mark that gets you the a* :biggrin: Also aiming for an a* let's hope the grade boundarys are quite low this year :tongue: And good luck for b1 on Tuesday! :smile: :smile:
Original post by _ariane29
Best advice, don't look at the grade boundary's now. Just try your apsolute best and try achieve the highest mark you can get, not the mark that gets you the a* :biggrin: Also aiming for an a* let's hope the grade boundarys are quite low this year :tongue: And good luck for b1 on Tuesday! :smile: :smile:

any guesses on what'll come up?
Anyone doing Both Core and Add?
Anyone doing Both Core and Add?

Triple unfortunately, B3 is the death of me though

I think the carbon or nitrogen cycle will 100% come up it hasn't come for years, also the biomass topic should appear as it hasn't appeared in a few years aswell, and possibly parasites or mutalists
Triple unfortunately, B3 is the death of me though

Ouch! Good Luck you have after the core and additional exams though !
I think the carbon or nitrogen cycle will 100% come up it hasn't come for years, also the biomass topic should appear as it hasn't appeared in a few years aswell, and possibly parasites or mutalists

Are you doing C1 too? If so, do you think polymers are likely to come up this year?
Are you doing C1 too? If so, do you think polymers are likely to come up this year?

Yeah I guess polymers and indigestion
Reply 15
Didn't you get a chance to improve your controlled assessment grade?

I'm also betting on the carbon or nitrogen cycle for one of the six markers. Diabetes could be another one that hasn't come up recently. Last year the first question was dysentery, so it wouldn't surprise me if another minor topic comes up such as specific examples for parasitic and mutualistic relationships.

Overall though I think b1 is going to be a good paper. Think c1 is going to be harder as last years was too nice but just a hunch :P
Original post by _ariane29
I'm also betting on the carbon or nitrogen cycle for one of the six markers. Diabetes could be another one that hasn't come up recently. Last year the first question was dysentery, so it wouldn't surprise me if another minor topic comes up such as specific examples for parasitic and mutualistic relationships.

Overall though I think b1 is going to be a good paper. Think c1 is going to be harder as last years was too nice but just a hunch :P

YES!! 100% Agree- I think and hope Physics will be easy too!
Original post by Xanoas
Didn't you get a chance to improve your controlled assessment grade?

My science teacher is a pain, she wont let me change it even though she still never sent it off to the exam board
What marks would in each exam I need to secure an A* in each science if I were to achieve A*'s for Physics, Chem. & Bio in the controlled assessments? (triple scientist)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending