The Student Room Group

ocr ethics 1 + 2 monday 11th may

how are you feeling about the applied ethics exam?
which of the subjects are you feeling the most confident and which are you not so confident about?
any predictions of what part e's or d's they may ask or what you'd like to come up in the exam?

personally i'm worried about the media topic as we rushed through it but i'm most confident with medical ethics
(haven't seen much about philosophy and ethics on the gcse thread so decided i'd make one)

Scroll to see replies

I think I'm most confident with Medical Ethics also as I generally find I have lots to write about in terms of different attitudes to suicide, animal testing and euthanasia. I'm not doing the media topic but I think I'm least looking forward to Peace and Justice as I find there is so much to remember.

Is it your first exam for the season? Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by thepurplerain
I think I'm most confident with Medical Ethics also as I generally find I have lots to write about in terms of different attitudes to suicide, animal testing and euthanasia. I'm not doing the media topic but I think I'm least looking forward to Peace and Justice as I find there is so much to remember.

Is it your first exam for the season? Good luck :smile:

same, medical ethics is good to write about! really hoping something on euthanasia or suicide comes up
we aren't doing peace and justice but i remember doing a mock paper and seeing the topic in there and i looked at the question really briefly to see what it was like and i didn't understand haha! but good luck i hope you remember everything in it (your mind going blank to not knowing the answer in an exam is a horrifying feeling)

and yess! first exam of the gcses which is pretty scary but hopefully should go okay fingers crossed
I'm doing human relationships and medical ethics which I'm confident about :wink: but equality and peace and justice I find hard and confusing ;(
Good luck everyone 👍
I'm doing Medical Ethics and Poverty & Wealth for Paper 1, for Paper 2 I'm doing Media & Equality.
Original post by Bubblechub
I'm doing human relationships and medical ethics which I'm confident about :wink: but equality and peace and justice I find hard and confusing ;(
Good luck everyone 👍

I'm doing those topics too and I feel the same because we did equality and peace & justice this year where we've had cover teachers the whole year so definitely most worried for these two topics

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
if a part d like 'Explain why xns might be against capital punishment' came up would it be fine to structure it like this:

Para 1: 'A liberal protestant will argue that capital punishment is wrong because.................'

Para 2: 'Not all xns will be against capital punishment, e.g a fundamentalist protestant..............' even though this paragraph does not directly answer the question? (as the question is why xns might be against capital punishment)
Does anyone know if we get a break between the Ethics 1 and Ethics 2 paper? Like do you wait for the first papers to be collected in, then we are given the next?:smile:
Original post by thepurplerain
Does anyone know if we get a break between the Ethics 1 and Ethics 2 paper? Like do you wait for the first papers to be collected in, then we are given the next?:smile:

Yes we do the first paper for 1 hour and then they collect them up and give you the second one which you have another hour to complete

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anybody know which topics came up on last years paper? 😀
Original post by Olivia197
Does anybody know which topics came up on last years paper? 😀

If you skim through the examiner report here you can get an idea on the questions that were asked.

E.g For the part e questions:
Human Relations - Attitudes towards end of marriage
Medical Ethics - Choice to end life

Peace and Justice - Capital punishment
Religion and Equality - Exclusivism, pluralism and inclusivism
(edited 8 years ago)
I am doing religion and medical ethics tomorrow. I'm not that confident though.
Reply 12
What's the difference between exclusivism, pluralism and inclusivism?
This GCSE?

I did it last year
Original post by reppina
What's the difference between exclusivism, pluralism and inclusivism?

Exlucivst xns: only christainity is right, other religions are wrong this is because in john 14:6 Jesus says 'I am the way the truth and the life nobody comes throught to the father except through me' which shows u need to believe in jesus (i.e be a xn) to be saved. so all other people go to hell

inclusivist xns: Christianity is the best revelation of God. Followers of other religions are 'annomynous xns', and so will be saved

PLuralist xns: there are diff paths to the same God. No religion is wrong or right. they may use John 14:2'in my fathers house, there are many rooms' to shows this belief. God is all loving so will save every1

hoped tht helped! good luck everyone
Reply 15
Original post by BCMFM16
This GCSE?

I did it last year

What came up in it? Was it hard?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Finally some people on here doing this exam tomorrow. I'm going to do Medical Ethics and Poverty and Wealth (absolutely hate Human Relationships) and Peace and Justice and Equality.

Hope everyone's revision is going well and you're not too stressed :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cathxb

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've got the questions for all topics from last year's exam season if you would like to know them. From what I've seen, the questions aren't very hard but some of the part e questions are a bit challenging.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cathxb

Posted from TSR Mobile

i don't remember, you should have done it for your mocks.

I messed up one paper from nerves, and ended up getting a B in it lol

On the next aper I got full UMS an A* because I did it properly.

I got an A overall.

You should use lots of quotes to verify views etc, thats what I did in the paper I was more successful in.

My younger sister wants to type this : eliza
Reply 19
Original post by Marii101
I've got the questions for all topics from last year's exam season if you would like to know them. From what I've seen, the questions aren't very hard but some of the part e questions are a bit challenging.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can you send me them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending