The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London

Anyone going for BA .Social Work 2015?

Was just wondering if anyone here got accepted to study BA in Social Work. I have a conditional offer, but working hard towards meeting those requirements.

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I'm the same with conditional offer. I'm currently on an access course are you? X
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London
Reply 2
Original post by michelab11
Hi, I'm the same with conditional offer. I'm currently on an access course are you? X

Yes, I am the same :smile: How's it going for you? Are you close to meeting the requirements?
Original post by maggiex3utd
Yes, I am the same :smile: How's it going for you? Are you close to meeting the requirements?

I am up to now but have a lot more work due in so fingers crossed! How about you? Are you going to stay on campus or move around Eltham? I am moving up from liverpool with my daughter so have to start looking for a flat if all goes well with my results x
Reply 4
I am up to now but have a lot more work due in so fingers crossed! How about you? Are you going to stay on campus or move around Eltham? I am moving up from liverpool with my daughter so have to start looking for a flat if all goes well with my results x

Keep on at it and you'll do it! You're so close to the end. I'm doing good. I've met the requirements, but have to wait as they go through the internal verifier for final approval, but I feel confident enough. Just have a few more assignments to piece together.

Wow! Moving from up North to London. That's a big step. I'll be staying at home. I live 45 minutes away so that worked out well for me.
Keep on at it and you'll do it! You're so close to the end. I'm doing good. I've met the requirements, but have to wait as they go through the internal verifier for final approval, but I feel confident enough. Just have a few more assignments to piece together.

Wow! Moving from up North to London. That's a big step. I'll be staying at home. I live 45 minutes away so that worked out well for me.

Yeah I have felt like giving up sometimes though, it's really challenging! 2 more essays & 2 exams and I'm done :smile: what do you have to get to pass your access course? My one is 60% and over is a pass.
Reply 6
Yeah I have felt like giving up sometimes though, it's really challenging! 2 more essays & 2 exams and I'm done :smile: what do you have to get to pass your access course? My one is 60% and over is a pass.

For my access course we have 15 graded assignments and five non graded. We basically have to pass everything to pass the course. One fail and that's it. Do you have the same requirements for Greenwich? For me I have to get an overall merit/distinction.
For my access course we have 15 graded assignments and five non graded. We basically have to pass everything to pass the course. One fail and that's it. Do you have the same requirements for Greenwich? For me I have to get an overall merit/distinction.

Hey how are you? Are you all sorted to
Start? I passed all my stuff. Just going to view places to live next week. Are you starting the 14th sep?
Reply 8
Hey how are you? Are you all sorted to
Start? I passed all my stuff. Just going to view places to live next week. Are you starting the 14th sep?

Congrats! Yes, I'm all sorted to start. I'm just waiting for the official letter saying when I start. On UCAS, it said September 1st, but when I went to their taster day and got our schedules it said we started on the 27th.
Yay well done us! I thought it was the 14th that we start. You know that booklet that the health check came in, I'm sure that said 14th 😳 I'm going to the drop in to complete the DBS on Tuesday so I'll ask then. I've been planning everything around the 14th as well lol.

Are you excited? I'm getting a bit nervous now that time seems to be flying over! Going to view a place in sidcup and one in Thamesmead whilst I'm in London :smile:
Reply 10
Yay well done us! I thought it was the 14th that we start. You know that booklet that the health check came in, I'm sure that said 14th 😳 I'm going to the drop in to complete the DBS on Tuesday so I'll ask then. I've been planning everything around the 14th as well lol.

Are you excited? I'm getting a bit nervous now that time seems to be flying over! Going to view a place in sidcup and one in Thamesmead whilst I'm in London :smile:

Good-luck with the apartment hunting. I hope you find something nice. I'm excited, but a bit nervous too. You said you had a daughter right? How old is she?
Good-luck with the apartment hunting. I hope you find something nice. I'm excited, but a bit nervous too. You said you had a daughter right? How old is she?

Thanks I hope so too lol didn't realise how hard it is finding places in London. Yeah my daughter is 9. Do you have any kids? Did you meet any other ppl that are doing social work when you went to the taster day? I'm nervous about not knowing anyone and trying to make new mates I'm quite shy😳
Reply 12
Hello fellow Social Work Students,

Not sure if you are still reading these posts lawl. But has anyone found out when we start? It says 14th is registrations and 19th is moving into student accommodation and first week is 21st-25th with 3 hours per day, after that we only go in monday tuesday and half day thursdays. or something like that.
Reply 13
Original post by ZiaY
Hello fellow Social Work Students,

Not sure if you are still reading these posts lawl. But has anyone found out when we start? It says 14th is registrations and 19th is moving into student accommodation and first week is 21st-25th with 3 hours per day, after that we only go in monday tuesday and half day thursdays. or something like that.

hello we start the 21st 😁
Reply 14
Yes i called them and they told me 21st. They were confused where people are getting the 14th from. Haha.

Soo excited, but really nervous :/
Reply 15
Original post by ZiaY
Yes i called them and they told me 21st. They were confused where people are getting the 14th from. Haha.

Soo excited, but really nervous :/

Haha ,I saw the14th on the health form aswell.
I'm Tara by the way...nice to message you lol.

Yes im excited to, and not sure what to expect 😁
Reply 16
I'm Zia!
Are you staying in halls or commuting?
Reply 17
Original post by ZiaY
I'm Zia!
Are you staying in halls or commuting?

commuting don't live to far away.What about you?
Reply 18
Im moving into halls, coming from birmingbam, abit of distance ;P
Hey

I have an interview and exam for Greenwich uni next Friday. What sort of questions did they ask you in the interview, and was the exam like an essay or did you have to answer a few questions??

Hannah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending