The Student Room Group

GCSE Edexcel Science Question

Scroll to see replies

Original post by A*GLORYHUNTER
YES!! 100% Agree- I think and hope Physics will be easy too!

Physics will most likely be a 6 marker on the National Grid and how it creates electricity (or alternative ways)
Original post by asapsimeon
What marks would in each exam I need to secure an A* in each science if I were to achieve A*'s for Physics, Chem. & Bio in the controlled assessments? (triple scientist)

Depends on the Grade boundaries but probably 54 Minimum to secure that A* because it could never be higher than 54 I doubt it
Original post by HarryKane28
Physics will most likely be a 6 marker on the National Grid and how it creates electricity (or alternative ways)

Yeah! was thinking national grid will come up! how many exams do you have ?
What marks would in each exam I need to secure an A* in each science if I were to achieve A*'s for Physics, Chem. & Bio in the controlled assessments? (triple scientist)

50/60 on each exam will be a guarantee
YES!! 100% Agree- I think and hope Physics will be easy too!

Me too! Physics is the hardest for me. Last years paper - ugh! That shock absorbers question was awful. It was harder than usual so I hope Edexcel give us an easy one this year. That's it for me :tongue: I'm only doing core this year
Depends on the Grade boundaries but probably 54 Minimum to secure that A* because it could never be higher than 54 I doubt it

thanks.
Original post by _ariane29
Me too! Physics is the hardest for me. Last years paper - ugh! That shock absorbers question was awful. It was harder than usual so I hope Edexcel give us an easy one this year. That's it for me :tongue: I'm only doing core this year

Yeah !! i think every one in the country found that hard .. Oh cool Good Luck
Reply 27
My science teacher is a pain, she wont let me change it even though she still never sent it off to the exam board

That's quite annoying and I feel sorry for you, because my teacher allowed me to go from an A to an A*.
Original post by Xanoas
That's quite annoying and I feel sorry for you, because my teacher allowed me to go from an A to an A*.

Yeahh it sucks man! good luck on your GCSE's
Yeah! was thinking national grid will come up! how many exams do you have ?

Edexcel Triple Science
Edexcel Maths A
Edexcel German
Edexcel RS Unit 1
Edexcel Drama
WJEC Eng Lan
OCR History B
AQA Level 2 Further Maths
CIE IGCSE ICT
Or to put it shortly, a lot.
What grade is 38/50 usually on a CA?
What grade is 38/50 usually on a CA?

a B grade
Yeah !! i think every one in the country found that hard .. Oh cool Good Luck

Thankyou good luck in your exams too :smile:
a B grade

Whats the boundary for the A usually?
Whats the boundary for the A usually?

39 raw marks, which is roughly 64 UMS
39 raw marks, which is roughly 64 UMS

My coursework is getting sent off, hopefully itll be notched up a mark into the A! Thanks btw :biggrin:
I really feel for everyone who didn't do so well on the ca :frown: Feel like teachers always discredit controlled asessments and then when they tell you the result its always too late!? It should be an easy way to get an a* but never turns out that way. In fact our school couldn't even be bothered to tell us the result, I only found mine out because it was part of the sample.

Good luck to everyone sitting the exams though :smile: There's still time to get an a* if you believe in yourself.
My coursework is getting sent off, hopefully itll be notched up a mark into the A! Thanks btw :biggrin:

hopefully :smile: and no problem.
Original post by _ariane29
I really feel for everyone who didn't do so well on the ca :frown: Feel like teachers always discredit controlled asessments and then when they tell you the result its always too late!? It should be an easy way to get an a* but never turns out that way. In fact our school couldn't even be bothered to tell us the result, I only found mine out because it was part of the sample.

Good luck to everyone sitting the exams though :smile: There's still time to get an a* if you believe in yourself.

Some teachers are just bad markers, one class in my school with the same ability as mine got an average mark of about 42 in the CA's whilst mine got an average of about 36 and I suspect its due to the difference in the teachers marking as there cannot be that much difference in a mixed triple science set.
Some teachers are just bad markers, one class in my school with the same ability as mine got an average mark of about 42 in the CA's whilst mine got an average of about 36 and I suspect its due to the difference in the teachers marking as there cannot be that much difference in a mixed triple science set.

That's so unfair! I hope your work gets moderated and remarked I don't think that's fair at all :frown: I somehow managed to get 48, I don't know who marked mine or how but I swear I had no idea what I was doing and my teachers must be super generous. So I can agree with what you're saying some teachers are generous, others not so much and you think they would be considering it reflects the quality of their teaching.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending