The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ssn2125
Thanks! Does anyone know about if knowledge about the scales of measurement are needed for research methods? (I.e. Nominal, ordinal etc.)

Many thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scales of measurement is A2. Only thing I can think of close to that you need to know is understanding what standard deviation of data means (if there's overlap, for example).
Original post by SunDun111
What is content anaylsis and investigater effects

Content analysis is a technique for analysing qualitative data.

Investigator effects occur when the researcher unconsciously conveys to the participant how they should behave. They may give unintentional cues in their mannerisms e.g. smiling/frowning (bias' results)
Original post by geeee11
Content analysis is a technique for analysing qualitative data.

Investigator effects occur when the researcher unconsciously conveys to the participant how they should behave. They may give unintentional cues in their mannerisms e.g. smiling/frowning (bias' results)

Also quantitative data ..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Shamzy25
Also quantitative data ..

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can change the qualitative data into quantitative form e.g. creating categories and counting how many time a behaviour occurs
Original post by geeee11
You can change the qualitative data into quantitative form e.g. creating categories and counting how many time a behaviour occurs

Exactly. That allows for a correlation to be drawn and also it's much more simple and quicker. Qualitative data I think gives rich detail?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 465
Does anyone have any model 12 mark answers on research into deprivation and also one into privation? Or even just full notes for both ao1 and ao2 because i'm not really sure what to include and how to structure it. AND when evaluating impact/research into daycare, what do you write for ao2? Can you write about mediating factors and is that enough or?
Original post by yasx_
Does anyone have any model 12 mark answers on research into deprivation and also one into privation? Or even just full notes for both ao1 and ao2 because i'm not really sure what to include and how to structure it. AND when evaluating impact/research into daycare, what do you write for ao2? Can you write about mediating factors and is that enough or?

I think for deprivation/disruption I'd outline the PDD model and the study of john, then just evaluate it. And for privation do hodges and Tizard and Rutter and evaluate it.
Original post by amberuniverse
These are the topics that the 12 markers have been on in the past:

Jan 2009 - Developmental
June 2009 - Cognitive
Jan 2010 - Developmental
June 2010 - Developmental
Jan 2011 -Cognitive
June 2011 - Cognitive
Jan 2012 - Cognitive
June 2012 - Developmental
Jan 2013 - Developmental
June 2013 - Developmental
No Jan 2014 paper
June 2014 - Cognitive
No Jan 2015 paper

Anyone else strongly believe it'll be a cognitive question?? :smile:
I have a strong feeling that it will be on one of the memory models or age EWT
Reply 468
Original post by NutE
Does anyone have any predictions on what could come up as the 12 marker for unit one?
Also, is two days enough to learn all of unit one? I pretty much know cognitive psychology, just need to do developmental this weekend. Also, how much have people revised for research methods, is there a point revising it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm in the same position as you and i have economics on monday too. If you manage to g through most of it and do at least 2 past papers today i'm sure you can get an A in the exam. An A is around 70-5% so it shouldn't be too hard
Original post by ellie0497

Me as well xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Am i the only one who finds Attachment SO CONFUSING?

I´ve been memorising the essays since yesterday and always mix up the studies and the evaluative points. I feel like I´ve been doing nothing cant just crack them.

Anyone has any tips on how can i crack them?
Ill be SOOOOO HAPPY if it comes on memory but i don´t know they had it last year and I just feel this year gonna be harder therefore attachment...:s-smilie:
Original post by ellie0497

Ughhh I hope it's not age. I found anxiety so much easier idk why
Reply 473
Is tomorrow enough to cover memory improvement and daycare?
Original post by QueenSI
Is tomorrow enough to cover memory improvement and daycare?

Yeah should be fine, a 12 marker has never come up on memory improvement (arguably there isn't enough material on it) so its a small topic tbh, maximum of 6 marls
Has anyone got evaluation of the cognitive interview?
Reply 476
Everyone feeling ready for the exam :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 477
Yeah should be fine, a 12 marker has never come up on memory improvement (arguably there isn't enough material on it) so its a small topic tbh, maximum of 6 marls

Thank you:biggrin:
Reply 478
Doing an all nighter , which is probably not a good idea but i only ever do them when its important , and i seem to be able to concentrate so much better at night when it's quite and there is less distractions
Has anyone got evaluation of the cognitive interview?

Fisher et al trained detectives in miami to use cognitive interview, he compared results between cognitive interviews and normal interviews by the officers and found the cognitive interview was more accurate as people remember more however officers found the cognitive interview look a long amount of time. One other disadvantage is that the cognitive interview is difficult with children. This is because when gieselmen et al did it with children they struggled to understand what he meant. Therefore it cannot be used on everyone. This is all I have

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending