The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA4 - Thursday 11th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CD223
How is it cheating, sorry I'm lost haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know why I don't get notification from this thread, it's annoying.

It's cheating because Newton merely wanted to explain things according to their appearances, however he could with all the possible means. But i guess he's still in a strong position

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by floyd_mayweather
i have all 36 chemistry marks with answers, willing to provide ADVICE on all 36 marks if somebody has ADVICE for all 24 Physics marks

i will help you are u doing an empa in phsics i have alrready done it , could u please help with chemistry empa written paper pm me
Anyone know how the exam is given out? Do you get 45 mins for section A then an hour for section B, or do you get both papers together and it's up to you how much you spend on each?
Original post by ubisoft
Anyone know how the exam is given out? Do you get 45 mins for section A then an hour for section B, or do you get both papers together and it's up to you how much you spend on each?

That's the recommended time expenditure but you could split your time however you want

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1244
Original post by ubisoft

The latter - you get both, with the recommended split being 45/60 mins.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1245
Original post by Mehrdad jafari
I don't know why I don't get notification from this thread, it's annoying.

It's cheating because Newton merely wanted to explain things according to their appearances, however he could with all the possible means. But i guess he's still in a strong position

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, that's frustrating.

Oh I see. Ha, I guess it's just another thing we have to accept.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I put together a list of all the six markers that have come up so I can refer back to them more easily and figured I might as well post them here in case anyone else finds it useful, so here's the unit 4 ones:

Spoiler

Original post by Lau14
I put together a list of all the six markers that have come up so I can refer back to them more easily and figured I might as well post them here in case anyone else finds it useful, so here's the unit 4 ones:

Spoiler

I guess the examiners can make a six marks question out of an one mark question. The pattern is unpredictable

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1248
Original post by Lau14

Spoiler

Again, thank you! Added to the first post - your contribution to the thread is really appreciated :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1249
I guess the examiners can make a six marks question out of an one mark question. The pattern is unpredictable

Posted from TSR Mobile

They can. That's why the subject is so hard. What are your personal predictions for each exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lau14

Spoiler

Thanks, but could you also write the question instead of just the answer?
Reply 1251
Original post by ubisoft
Thanks, but could you also write the question instead of just the answer?

Those are the questions?
Original post by CD223
Those are the questions?

Oops, I meant answers as well as questions
Reply 1253
Original post by ubisoft
Oops, I meant answers as well as questions

Oh I see!

Hows your revision going?
Original post by CD223
They can. That's why the subject is so hard. What are your personal predictions for each exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

To be honest I was not too concerned about the six marks questions but when i looked at the list then my predictions faded away. What I think now is that the six marks questions could be anything from momentum to kinetic theory of gases. But I would still say for unit 4 the six marks is either from Gravitational or Magnetic fields and for unit 5 from Radio activity. What's yours from Unit 5?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Oh I see!

Hows your revision going?

I keep meaning to revise physics but I keep going back to maths lol. Finding A2 physics really boring compared to AS. The field stuff really bores me. Haven't even started unit 5 yet :s-smilie:
Reply 1256
To be honest I was not too concerned about the six marks questions but when i looked at the list then my predictions faded away. What I think now is that the six marks questions could be anything from momentum to kinetic theory of gases. But I would still say for unit 4 the six marks is either from Gravitational or Magnetic fields and for unit 5 from Radio activity. What's yours from Unit 5?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm I think the same really. A comparison between electric and magnetic fields would be interesting.

As for PHYA5, it could be a horrid proof of the kinetic theory of gases question, or an experiment for specific heat capacity.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

How much ums/300 did you get at AS?
Reply 1258
Original post by ubisoft
I keep meaning to revise physics but I keep going back to maths lol. Finding A2 physics really boring compared to AS. The field stuff really bores me. Haven't even started unit 5 yet :s-smilie:

Oh no aha. When's your first exam? Mines 5th June with Core 3.

I preferred AS physics but it's still pretty interesting in places - especially astrophysics personally.

It's my weakest subject so I really need to press on with it but I've had next to no time lately.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Oh no aha. When's your first exam? Mines 5th June with Core 3.

I preferred AS physics but it's still pretty interesting in places - especially astrophysics personally.

It's my weakest subject so I really need to press on with it but I've had next to no time lately.

Posted from TSR Mobile

20th MAY haha, FP4.

I got 261/300 at AS, so should only need about 90/120 in both papers, so should be reasonably 'easy' (in loose terms) to get that after a week of revision and past papers.

What did you get?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending