The Student Room Group

Girls - why do you not reply to a text from your date after a few exchanges?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Anonymous
Are you referring to texting a girl after a date or the texting exchange with a girl you are dating?

Could be that she's not really into you or that she's feeling pressure and needs space. She may like you be not want a steady relationship right now.
If I have a lengthy text exchange w/ a guy it is usually witty banter that I enjoy. I'm sort of seeing a guy now that I wish
would have a light hearted banter w/ me but he always starts asking if I want to see him? No witty banter. I'm pretty busy honestly and it's not that I don't want to see him its just that I start feeling pressure and then we really don't have a lot to discuss via text so..... usually after a few text exchanges I end it. I really like the guy but I don't know if I'm still feeling it or not, I genuinely don't know. He's super nice and very patient but with revising stress I'll admit I've not been a good texter w/ him. It's really not him personally so maybe you shouldn't take it personally either.

Personally, it annoys me when girls show lots of enthusiasm at first with texts, and then for no reason at all often just stop texting back.

Thankfully, the girl I like has just texted back, but she kept me waiting a full 24 hours.
Original post by studyworm
Personally, it annoys me when girls show lots of enthusiasm at first with texts, and then for no reason at all often just stop texting back.

Thankfully, the girl I like has just texted back, but she kept me waiting a full 24 hours.

I've been thinking about this and i have to own up that I guess it is rude but not necessarily intending to be rude. I'll think about how quickly I respond more in the future. Glad you heard back from the girl you like. The guy I like, I have a feeling, is texting and seeing other girls besides me anyway so I doubt he is bothered by how long it takes me to respond. Good luck with your girl.
Is it something worth replying to?
I know that even if I like a guy and he replies "hahaha" or "yeah" or whatever, I wont reply. That's your cue to be like "so what you up to?" or some other subject. Doesn't mean we don't like you.
I could ask the same about guys, and I get paranoid all the time but at the same time I put myself in their shoes. Maybe theyre working, busy, or maybe they typed the message and didn't send it (I do this allllll the time hahaha)
Sometime for me the guy always text me really late and sometimes he takes for ever to reply, like why am I wasting my time? In addition sometimes I'm not interested in these guys.
Could be a number of reasons, the biggest reason for not replying is that I've lost interest in the conversation. Nothing better than having a guy who texts you interesting things rather than 'haha, cool'. Or that I've realised I don't really like them/they seem a bit weird (although generally this is on Tinder, if I am dating someone or have been on a date then I will tell them if I'm not feeling it).
People who are writing things like 'She has a life outside her phone' 'she's been busy' etc are talking NONSENSE. Girls are GLUED TO THEIR PHONE! When was the last time you looked around on the street, on the bus, on the train and saw a girl that wasn't looking directly at their phone the whole time. In my opinion girls are ignorant, completely ignorant and then they have people come out with the 'busy' excuse for them. Trust me, no girl in this day and age has not checked her phone, her texts, her Facebook, her Instagram etc etc for hours, it's just impossible, girls are stuck to their phone and their social networking day and night, so if she hasn't replied after 3 hours max you can safely assume she has ignored the message. They are NEVER too busy to reply.
Reply 26
Original post by Anonymous
People who are writing things like 'She has a life outside her phone' 'she's been busy' etc are talking NONSENSE. Girls are GLUED TO THEIR PHONE! When was the last time you looked around on the street, on the bus, on the train and saw a girl that wasn't looking directly at their phone the whole time. In my opinion girls are ignorant, completely ignorant and then they have people come out with the 'busy' excuse for them. Trust me, no girl in this day and age has not checked her phone, her texts, her Facebook, her Instagram etc etc for hours, it's just impossible, girls are stuck to their phone and their social networking day and night, so if she hasn't replied after 3 hours max you can safely assume she has ignored the message. They are NEVER too busy to reply.

I believe girls just need time to think over texts sometimes. In the early stages of a relationship they are prone to changing their mind on a guy after a week or two, even if he hasn't done anything wrong. The guy's job is to not get fixated on just this one girl, they've got to have multiple options on the go, and later settle for the one which has come to fruition best.
I always get stressed out when the guy I'm seeing doesn't text me back.
For example today in mid conversation he ignored me. I got a bit agitated but 3 hours later he was asking to meet up with me. It doesn't mean they've lost interest, theyre probably just busy. He is glued to his phone 24/7 but he also works and I have to bear this in mind.
I know he speaks to other girls and I know he prioritises them over me but at the end of the day you have to accept it until they are yours completely. So although it bothers me im keeping schtum (although I've gone crazy 3 times already) and they'll realise that you are a keeper.

Quick Reply