The Student Room Group

What A level/s do you find a joke?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrJAKEE
Really? I'm taking both Politics and History ATM and can tell you now that they are hardly similar.

Politics AS is a joke. There are two papers, unit 1 and unit 2. Unit 1 has practically gcse material (I'd expect EVERYONE to know what policies labour and conservatives stand for before they vote for example), not to mention you only have to answer 2 questions in the paper out of four topics (meaning you could blast through half the year on that unit). The boundaries are so low that sometimes it can be 60/80 for 100 UMS. As someone who "was" passionate about Politics before starting I think the course is incredibly patronising and designed for those who know absolutely nothing about Politics (which everyone should anyway). Unit 2 perhaps is a bit harder but even still it's daft to say it is hard compared to other subjects like maths etc.

A2 might be different, but that's my experience so far on the course. I might as well be twiddling my thumbs. If I could turn back the clock I wish I'd picked Physics or something actually useful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow you should see Citizenship A level? It's basically As politics as a full A level

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Don Joiner
Biggest joke = BTEC in outdoor pursuits

Posted from TSR Mobile

People get into ucl/kcl/durham with btecs I know of

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by himynameiswill
I swear this thread happens every 2 weeks or so.

Don't contribute then please. No need to put your two pennies in. Byeee

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fudgecake22
Don't contribute then please. No need to put your two pennies in. Byeee

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for you irrelevant comment over a month later. Much appreciated.

How dare I point out this thread is a copy and paste of ones that happen every week.

Bye chap :borat:
Original post by fudgecake22
Wow you should see Citizenship A level? It's basically As politics as a full A level

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've seen some of the Citizenship stuff and personally feel it should become a compulsory gcse.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MrJAKEE
I've seen some of the Citizenship stuff and personally feel it should become a compulsory gcse.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is a gcse ... but an A level exists too which most unis would accept unlike general studies and critical thinking

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by himynameiswill
Thank you for you irrelevant comment over a month later. Much appreciated.

How dare I point out this thread is a copy and paste of ones that happen every week.

Bye chap :borat:

See? Who has the irrelevant comment? This thread started in December. Again go head on the ready steady get go-put in your two pennies to feel acknowledged-your acrimonious comments . Byeee

Posted from TSR Mobile
ICT, what a joke. Or maybe it started off well and the teaching was a joke, on the other hand?
In terms of modules, C1 is an ABSOLUTE joke. C2 is also a bit (they're both extremely easy). CH1 is also a bit of a joke.
Original post by Dylann
English Literature.

"The man was wearing a coat"

Teacher: The man is selfish and self-obsessed and only looks out for himself. The coat is a metaphor for a shield of his dark soul.

Author: It was ****ing raining so he wore a coat.

its nothing like that- its incredibly hard to do really well as you have to pander to a very specific mark scheme. I did english lit biology and history and english was by far the hardest
get your facts straight before you jump to your stupid snooty conclusions.
this is a stupid thread- god how snobby and horrible i hop one day you people wake up from your grubby little bubble and have abit more respect
Original post by hdindak
this is a stupid thread- god how snobby and horrible i hop one day you people wake up from your grubby little bubble and have abit more respect

I hope the maths examiners wake up from their little bubbles and toughen up the papers and actually design questions to make us have to use our brains and think!
Original post by hdindak
its nothing like that- its incredibly hard to do really well as you have to pander to a very specific mark scheme. I did english lit biology and history and english was by far the hardest
get your facts straight before you jump to your stupid snooty conclusions.

To be fair that's a good example of the ridiculously tenuous inferences that they want from you in English Literature if you wanna get marks.
Health and social care...what even is that all the girls in my school who failed most of their GCSE subjects did it, im curious
Reply 214
ICT, which I am actually doing, and regret with every fiber of my being
Geography. 90% GCSE with AQA for AS.
Use of maths.

Although as above geography is basically the same as GCSE at AS at least...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Edexcel Physics, it should be more like AQA physics, but edexcel physics is an absolute joke.
Original post by somegirlcalledea
Use of maths.

Although as above geography is basically the same as GCSE at AS at least...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I swear Use of Maths covers the same as A level Maths but is just just less rigorous, still much better than a lot of subjects imo
Reply 219

Quick Reply

Latest