The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Odd socks
I can't sleep and now I'm scared to go to sleep because I have to wake up at like 6 for work and that's just 4 hours and what if fall asleep and then don't wake up in time for work and then I get in trouble and then because I'm worried about that it makes me unable to sleep and it's a big circle :cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile

-> anticipatory anxiety

naps are good, set your alarm, you may be a bit groggy tomo but better than nowt sleep I'd say :h:

:hugs:
wnt to hide so he cant get me but hes not in the country so dont know why so worried about i.t i'm so stupid.
gaaaaaaaaaaah :bawling:
Reply 6743
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Really sorry you think you have an ED and that you are struggling, Jay :frown: I've done recovery college courses, which aren't the same as a support group. I found them quite helpful but the problem is getting myself motivated enough to do one. Plus you have to be well enough to engage with them, which it sounds like you might not be :dontknow:

I don't know. I am still in work. Its just outside of that I lock myself away and have very little capacity to do anything. I just think it will take up less capacity to find a support group and turn up rather than get a gps appt, have it cancelled, go back, wait 90 mins and then try and hurridly explain my past and situation in 7 mins and then deal with letters from different services, waiting for notes to be transferred, going through at least three appointments of background, assessments etc. for the outcome to probably be 'you haven't been taking your meds what do you expect'. I don't think I have the strength for all that and that is probably not far off the mark.

Some people have good experiences when in the system but unless you are lucky or live in the right area or a member of hospital staff/crisis team or gp has taken a special interest in you then the beaurocracy involved in getting through to any service is a kafkaesque farce.
Original post by Jay84
I don't know. I am still in work. Its just outside of that I lock myself away and have very little capacity to do anything. I just think it will take up less capacity to find a support group and turn up rather than get a gps appt, have it cancelled, go back, wait 90 mins and then try and hurridly explain my past and situation in 7 mins and then deal with letters from different services, waiting for notes to be transferred, going through at least three appointments of background, assessments etc. for the outcome to probably be 'you haven't been taking your meds what do you expect'. I don't think I have the strength for all that and that is probably not far off the mark.

Some people have good experiences when in the system but unless you are lucky or live in the right area or a member of hospital staff/crisis team or gp has taken a special interest in you then the beaurocracy involved in getting through to any service is a kafkaesque farce.

Well do look into support groups. IIRC, you are not a voice hearer, but my mental health hospital that I'm an outpatient of has a 'Hearing Voices' group that some people swear by. So there are good groups out there, it's just a matter of finding and accessing them!

Sadly I think you're last paragraph is very true :frown: I've been very fortunate for the most part but that's no doubt because I live in a wealthy London borough (despite being poor myself) :sadnod:
Hi guys, I've posted here before under a different account and am just wondering is you can help with something? So with exams approaching obviously everyone is experiencing a lot of stress. My stress is causing a deterioration in my mental health (I do have diagnosed mental health problems) and I'm not sure what to do about it.

spoilered for possible ED trigger

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
horrible night :frown:
Problem but it could trigger ED sufferers, sorry. I would really appreciate some, if any, help though. :smile:

Spoiler

Original post by Meaty_man
Been ok mostly, had a rather heavy session last night, won't give details right now cause i dont wanna trigger anyone.

Sorry i took so long to reply, i somehow managed to miss that you quoted me! :hugs: Not really sure about when i can visit next, i'm moving back south with family in about a month, and i'm too skint to be able to travel anywhere at the mo, old news i know. Hoping i can find a job when im back in the south, which will allow me to come up, most likely by train. As for when, not in the immediate future im afraid :| Depends on when i get a job, the hours, the holiday time, the pay. Lots of unknowns :s-smilie:

Awwr, how come you're moving back home? Everything ok? :console:

Hope we can arrange a meet up soon, and good luck with finding a job! :hugs:

Original post by Soul-Searching
Hi guys, I've posted here before under a different account and am just wondering is you can help with something? So with exams approaching obviously everyone is experiencing a lot of stress. My stress is causing a deterioration in my mental health (I do have diagnosed mental health problems) and I'm not sure what to do about it.

spoilered for possible ED trigger

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

I swear this society should be exempt from exams. :tongue:

Spoiler

Original post by superwolf

I swear this society should be exempt from exams. :tongue:

Spoiler

I haven't tried them but that's what I'm thinking about. But I don't know the guidelines for prescribing them so I don't know if it's even a possibility! :/ if I wasn't so worried about being able to concentrate on revision I wouldn't be bothered, but I really wNt to do well!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I haven't tried them but that's what I'm thinking about. But I don't know the guidelines for prescribing them so I don't know if it's even a possibility! :/ if I wasn't so worried about being able to concentrate on revision I wouldn't be bothered, but I really wNt to do well!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
need to organise my room it feels like a pit and i can't find my ear phones

Posted from TSR Mobile

Best to ask then. :smile: And complan you can buy yourself from pharmacies - it just costs a lot!
Original post by superwolf

Spoiler

Even the thought :eek3:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I end up triggering myself/being triggered pretty much at least once a day at the moment. The biggest problem is that I don't see it improving for a while, due to exams and everything :sad:
Reply 6755
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Well do look into support groups. IIRC, you are not a voice hearer, but my mental health hospital that I'm an outpatient of has a 'Hearing Voices' group that some people swear by. So there are good groups out there, it's just a matter of finding and accessing them!

I have had that problem but not as persistently or severely as others and I wouldn't say it was my main problem.

Sadly I think you're last paragraph is very true :frown: I've been very fortunate for the most part but that's no doubt because I live in a wealthy London borough (despite being poor myself) :sadnod:

I don't think it is how wealthy the borough is because there isn't always a correlation with that and funding. On top of that, trusts are almost like independent businesses so their individual management is a big factor.

The 'best' (or least objectionable) ward I was on and best crisis team/cmht I experienced was when I was living on a deprived estate in a generally economically deprived area.
Original post by Jay84
I have had that problem but not as persistently or severely as others and I wouldn't say it was my main problem.

I don't think it is how wealthy the borough is because there isn't always a correlation with that and funding. On top of that, trusts are almost like independent businesses so their individual management is a big factor.

The 'best' (or least objectionable) ward I was on and best crisis team/cmht I experienced was when I was living on a deprived estate in a generally economically deprived area.

That's reassuring to hear that the best CMHT you experienced was when you were in an economically deprived area. I do think in my particular borough, the cuts took quite a while to come and they are clearly still sitting on a reasonable amount of money, since I still have my disabled person's freedom pass, whereas it has been cut for mentally ill people in most London boroughs, to my knowledge :eek:
I was supposed to be at derby ten minutes ago so I could mess around for an hour before we had new people arriving. Then I realised I would have to go and buy food on the way, then I spent an hour in bed telling myself that I would need to get up soon. I don't have to be there for about half an hour so it's fine, just annoyed atyself for not getting out of bed.
Didn't do enough work last night either :unimpressed:
Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
aye, not sure what will happen! yeah, talking to my girlfriend has helped, and we did well in the local elections here so trying to focus on the positives whilst I can!

I beat the Lib Dems, got 5% of the vote & 235 votes in my council ward :awesome:

Congrats mate, that's a really good result :smile:
despairing and agitated and just sad and hopeless and just everything is awful :cry: I wish it would **** off forever. this is hellish. living in this skin is just too much. my thoughts and feelings are just constant and too much and I cant function and I just want to do this any more. this isn't fair. none of this is fair.

Latest