The Student Room Group

Falling for my housemate - what next

Due to various changes here and there I've nowfound myself house sharing in September with just 2 other people - a girl who will be at her boyfriends a lot of the time and a guy from my course who I really like and am falling for.

We've got really close in first year, same interests etc and we have lots of fun in each other's company. People already think we are together . I don't expect him to ask me out yet as he's been trough a really messy breakup with his girlfriend that has dragged on for ages. She cheated but he couldn't quite let go . I've been a shoulder for him with this too. He's also invited me to a festival with him in the summer so I do know he likes me.

I'm really excited about moving in this house and him being there but people are telling me to proceed with caution as odds are he will sleep with me but only see me as a friend otherwise it's like we are already married !! Any thoughts or words of wisdom here ? It will be intimate because a lot if the time there will only be us in the house . Thanks 😃
Reply 1
They are right, this might well end badly, sharing a house with someone you fancy the pants off is fraught with danger - but what the hell. Live for the moment and create a heady romance and love nest. Who knows you might be married with kids with him in 5 years from now! Good luck.
Reply 2
Original post by Zarek
They are right, this might well end badly, sharing a house with someone you fancy the pants off is fraught with danger - but what the hell. Live for the moment and create a heady romance and love nest. Who knows you might be married with kids with him in 5 years from now! Good luck.

Hey thanks ! What are the pitfalls or dangers you envisage ..?😃
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Hey thanks ! What are the pitfalls or dangers you envisage ..?������

The risks I see are things getting too intense too soon and the relationship burning out. Also, I have seen with my own eyes that it is pretty painful living with someone post a break up. A friend of mine had an intense fling with a girl he shared a house with. She ended it and he then faced her bringing new bfs back to the house - painful. The next year he choose to live in an all male house with his mates and said it was a lot better. I am inclined to say 'what the hell' but you should go in to things with your eyes open. And there could be lower risk options like getting together but not living together. Hope this helps.
Reply 4
Original post by Zarek
The risks I see are things getting too intense too soon and the relationship burning out. Also, I have seen with my own eyes that it is pretty painful living with someone post a break up. A friend of mine had an intense fling with a girl he shared a house with. She ended it and he then faced her bringing new bfs back to the house - painful. The next year he choose to live in an all male house with his mates and said it was a lot better. I am inclined to say 'what the hell' but you should go in to things with your eyes open. And there could be lower risk options like getting together but not living together. Hope this helps.

Thankyou ... This is new ground for me ! We do get on like s house on fire and I know he fancies me but I get your point .. It Isnt quite as exciting i suppose if you're with each other 24/7 from the outset. Thanks
Egh, if it happens just roll with it, its not like you are moving in together because you are a couple. Just make sure you are honest with eachoter when you need space etc. No need to stress about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending