The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

I'm nervous about this exam tomorrow! I got an A in my mock but I want to maintain it.... I need to go over day care/strategies for memory improvement and EWT... Do you think we could get a 8/12 marker on day care? What about institutionalisation? How would we answer that? Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
For effects of short term disruption of attachment, the only study we have learnt is Robertson and Bowlby. If we get a 12 marker on this, is this enough if I do it in detail?
I'm really nervous about tomorrow :frown: I had a dream about the exam and the 12 marker was Ainsworth and Bell's The Strange Situation
Reply 503
Original post by anniemp
For effects of short term disruption of attachment, the only study we have learnt is Robertson and Bowlby. If we get a 12 marker on this, is this enough if I do it in detail?

My teacher has given me the same studies as you and he said if its written in detail it will be enough for A01 and then the methodological issues of Robertson and Robertson in detail for A02
Original post by m1gg1n
My teacher has given me the same studies as you and he said if its written in detail it will be enough for A01 and then the methodological issues of Robertson and Robertson in detail for A02

Okay, so have you just learnt the PDD model by Robertson and Bowlby? :smile:
My predictions -
12 mark on day care
8 mark on MSM
Both haven't been up for a few years as more than a 4 marker.
Reply 506
Is it possible to get a 12 mark on just 'outline and evaluate research into the STM" ?
Original post by lewissteele
My predictions -
12 mark on day care
8 mark on MSM
Both haven't been up for a few years as more than a 4 marker.

By daycare do you mean the effects on peer relations and/or aggression or how research into attachment has influenced child/day care practices?
Reply 508
In a 12 marker is 4 points of evaluation enough?
Reply 509
Original post by QueenSI
In a 12 marker is 4 points of evaluation enough?

Yeah tat should be more than enough!!!
Original post by yasx_
Is it possible to get a 12 mark on just 'outline and evaluate research into the STM" ?

No not enough material
Original post by amberuniverse
By daycare do you mean the effects on peer relations and/or aggression or how research into attachment has influenced child/day care practices?

Yes. I don't know if they will be asked together or separately. Last two years there has been an essay style question on EWT so don't expect that as anything bigger than 4.

Make sure you learn your research methods stuff very well as it is very easy to pick up and equally lose marks with those sort of questions.
Is it possible a long (12 or 10 marker) would come up on the psychodynamic/analytic theory of attachment? I don't have many notes for this
How do you guys revise from loops
Original post by deano321
I'm nervous about this exam tomorrow! I got an A in my mock but I want to maintain it.... I need to go over day care/strategies for memory improvement and EWT... Do you think we could get a 8/12 marker on day care? What about institutionalisation? How would we answer that? Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do you revise?
Prediction on 12 marker for tomorrows exam? My teacher says it will be memory but i don't trust him
Original post by j05h.wr1ght
Prediction on 12 marker for tomorrows exam? My teacher says it will be memory but i don't trust him

I agree with your teacher.
If it's a question on peer relations would you talk about Shea and that has positive effect and then the institute of baby health and human development for negative effects?
Original post by deano321

Posted from TSR Mobile

For institutionalisation you'd outline Rutters study talk about how it causes disinhibition attachement, then hodges and Tizard and how the effect was bad peer relations and just evaluate them both I presume?
Original post by Madiah123
How do you revise?

Flash cards :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending