The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nurav11
Yup, it'll be F321 and F322 the modules I'm doing. (It's definitely not the salters module).

Doing this too. What boards are you on for other subjects?
Do you think that Oxford and Cambridge would be particularly concerned if my EMPA performance is like a low A or even a B?

Thanks!
Biol unit 1
95ums 49/60
Full ums 51/60
That's as simple as 1 calculation error
-_-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Magnesium
Yeah I think they're referring to PSAs. :P I got 39/40 for chemistry and knowing OCR, that's probably only 90ish% UMS, not even close to 100% :redface:

Same here :frown: OCR are mean
Yeah I think they're referring to PSAs. :P I got 39/40 for chemistry and knowing OCR, that's probably only 90ish% UMS, not even close to 100% :redface:

Ok fair enough, that's very good, I'm screwed as I only got 37/40 for Chem and that is probably like 85 UMS or something :frown:. I swear the schools must be cheating if the grade boundaries are this high...
Original post by enaayrah

I know :frown: There goes my hopes of getting 100% UMS down the drain :tongue:
Original post by nurav11
Ok fair enough, that's very good, I'm screwed as I only got 37/40 for Chem and that is probably like 85 UMS or something :frown:. I swear the schools must be cheating if the grade boundaries are this high...

Yeah most schools cheated and got told the answers beforehand. They weren't allowed out of the room unless they'd been checked to have 100% :') I think it's rather unfair :redface:
:five:
So yeah ISA=PSA, our tutors just call it ISAs lol

Ahah good to know we're on the same page then! Been confused for a while bout these ISAs :tongue:

Doing this too. What boards are you on for other subjects?

Just saw you on the Edexcel Econ thread aswell so I must be doing very similar boards to you :tongue:. I'm doing OCR for Maths, Bio, Chem and Edexcel for Economics. Wbu? :smile:
Yeah most schools cheated and got told the answers beforehand. They weren't allowed out of the room unless they'd been checked to have 100% :') I think it's rather unfair :redface:

How can exam boards be dumb enough to not do anything about everyone in the same school getting 100% lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's honestly ridiculous... And the worst thing is, OCR think the high marks are down to very easy papers and lenient mark schemes so they actually end up making it even harder for the fair students, meaning we get screwed over by UMS even more :frown:.
Original post by C0balt
How can exam boards be dumb enough to not do anything about everyone in the same school getting 100% lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only a few scripts get sent off for external moderation I think, so they'll send off a 100, then probably a few just below. I doubt they'd check they all got 100 tho cos that's really stupid from the school. Probably, let some have 100 and some have 90% lol
Original post by C0balt

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're being removed next year I think :tongue:
I know :frown: There goes my hopes of getting 100% UMS down the drain :tongue:

I'd ask if I can do the quantitative (the one I lost the mark on) but my tutor would probably give me a dirt :lol:
Original post by nurav11
Ahah good to know we're on the same page then! Been confused for a while bout these ISAs :tongue:

Just saw you on the Edexcel Econ thread aswell so I must be doing very similar boards to you :tongue:. I'm doing OCR for Maths, Bio, Chem and Edexcel for Economics. Wbu? :smile:

Exactly the same apart from the fact that I'm doing OCR Physics instead of Bio! :biggrin: are you all prepared for Economics tomorrow? :tongue:

Original post by nurav11
That's honestly ridiculous... And the worst thing is, OCR think the high marks are down to very easy papers and lenient mark schemes so they actually end up making it even harder for the fair students, meaning we get screwed over by UMS even more :frown:.

Original post by C0balt

Posted from TSR Mobile

The exam boards must know that everyone is cheating and hence why PSAs are being scrapped next year, we were one year too early :frown: I know friends who narrowly missed an A in chemistry PSA because they wrote 0.16 instead of 0.160 :redface:
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
What about CEA anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I do CCEA chemistry and physics. For the past 5/6 sessions the chemistry grade boundaries have been available.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Exactly the same apart from the fact that I'm doing OCR Physics instead of Bio! :biggrin: are you all prepared for Economics tomorrow? :tongue:

The exam boards must know that everyone is cheating and hence why PSAs are being scrapped next year, we were one year too early :frown: I know friends who narrowly missed an A in chemistry PSA because they wrote 0.16 instead of 0.160 :redface:

Its a good things they are being scrapped, such a shame it doesn't affect us this year. Honestly there was no point of them since everyone was cheating making the grade boundaries ridiculously high, its just really unfair for the ones who didn't cheat.

Posted from TSR Mobile

True.OCR chemistry is brutal.

Nice, it's a really good choice of subjects :wink:. Yup I think I am, Micro is just so much about exam technique and the actual content itself isn't very much or hard (just comparing it to Bio which is monstrously large), so I think it should be fine. I'm just going through some past papers now and comparing it to the mark scheme. What about you, you feeling ready?

That's very unfair..., thank god they're scrapping them because they are so easy to cheat on and disadvantages too many good candidates. Although, since Cambridge do look at individual module by module scores, surely they'd be aware that this problem exists and take into account?

Original post by TheKhaleesi
Its a good things they are being scrapped, such a shame it doesn't affect us this year. Honestly there was no point of them since everyone was cheating making the grade boundaries ridiculously high, its just really unfair for the ones who didn't cheat.

100% agreed
Original post by nurav11
Nice, it's a really good choice of subjects :wink:. Yup I think I am, Micro is just so much about exam technique and the actual content itself isn't very much or hard (just comparing it to Bio which is monstrously large), so I think it should be fine. I'm just going through some past papers now and comparing it to the mark scheme. What about you, you feeling ready?

That's very unfair..., thank god they're scrapping them because they are so easy to cheat on and disadvantages too many good candidates. Although, since Cambridge do look at individual module by module scores, surely they'd be aware that this problem exists and take into account?

100% agreed

Posted from TSR Mobile

What inspired you to do medicine at Cambridge?
Original post by nurav11

100% agreed

It is :wink: What are you planning on applying for at uni? Yup, pretty much the same. Although I'm finding that the arguments and eval are so simple for unit 1 compared to unit 2, it's crazy. I keep wanting to link back to the macro objectives in the micro exam but obviously the evaluation can be so much more simple than this because literally 2 sentences will get you the 2 eval marks! :redface:

Yeah I think so too. I think they're probably going to be more worried about the actual exam's UMS marks and not the controlled assessment :tongue:

Latest