The Student Room Group

Is A Level Maths Difficult?

I got an A grade at GCSE and am considering taking AS Level maths and A2 Maths in my second year at sixth form; will this be too hard to do, along with two other A2 subjects, especially as i have not done maths in over a year?
Original post by robwatso
I got an A grade at GCSE and am considering taking AS Level maths and A2 Maths in my second year at sixth form; will this be too hard to do, along with two other A2 subjects, especially as i have not done maths in over a year?

If you are willing to put in the work you will do great.

http://www.examsolutions.net/

This link plus determination will net you an A/A* for sure. At our school we do our AS levels at the same time as A2's (got 19 exams this next month *sigh*). I am sure you will be able to cope.
Reply 2
Original post by Jai Sandhu
If you are willing to put in the work you will do great.

http://www.examsolutions.net/

This link plus determination will net you an A/A* for sure. At our school we do our AS levels at the same time as A2's (got 19 exams this next month *sigh*). I am sure you will be able to cope.

Will there be some work in the A2 course that will require prior knowledge from AS?
Will there be some work in the A2 course that will require prior knowledge from AS?

C2 requires C1 knowledge, C3 requires C2 and C1 knowledge, C4 requires C3, C2 and C1 knowledge.

M1 and S1 requires C2 and C1 knowledge.
Reply 4
C2 requires C1 knowledge, C3 requires C2 and C1 knowledge, C4 requires C3, C2 and C1 knowledge.

M1 and S1 requires C2 and C1 knowledge.

So it would be extremely difficult to keep up with A2 without already having AS knowledge?
So it would be extremely difficult to keep up with A2 without already having AS knowledge?

You could learn AS in the summer, it really is not that much more difficult than GCSE, if you can nail it then, you should be fine with A2 mathematics in my opinion.
Reply 6
You could learn AS in the summer, it really is not that much more difficult than GCSE, if you can nail it then, you should be fine with A2 mathematics in my opinion.

Okay thanks for your help!

No worries, glad i could help.
Reply 8

Just to second the opinion that you can quickly understand the C1 and C2 concepts maybe over summer study :smile: I think it will help a lot with A2.
Maths A Level is great for uni and such, would sure be nice to do it!

Quick Reply