The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Would the Skeels and Dye (1939) study into reversing the effects of deprivation also be relevant in a question asking for research into the effects of institutionalisation? :smile:
Original post by safiyyah98
Lol same I think we need to relax and just keep going over the stuff....but the more I think about it the more nervous I get then the more I forget! Exam season came too quickly 😩

yeah I understand, I will be so scared tomorrow! I would have liked it if I was able to have a cup of coffee
Original post by anniemp
Is one study for disruption of attachment enough for 12 marker? i.e. the PDD model by Robertson&Bowlby? If i elaborate fully because they study is quite long?

You can either write about one study in a lot of detail, or a few studies in less detail.
Original post by anniemp
Is one study for disruption of attachment enough for 12 marker? i.e. the PDD model by Robertson&Bowlby? If i elaborate fully because they study is quite long?

If you explained the PDD model and the case study of John by Robertson and Robertson then probably.

Then you could use the observation of 4 children which contrasted to the case study.

And evaluate the benefits/cons of case study.

Also could use Bowlbys 44 juvenile Thieves study.

A LOT of the studies overlap in attachments.
TIP:

Also guys, make sure you're 100% secure when asking to write questions on IV/DV/ Non-directional hypothesis/ Directional Hypothesis.

Last year, the question was 'Write a non-directional hypothesis for this experiment'. My answer was 'The number of letters encoded will differ for that letters sound the same and letters that do not sound the same'. I got 0/2 marks as I but encoded and not recalled (which I crossed out!).

Its small things like that which can make the difference.
What do you do if you write more than the lines they give you? Is there an additional answer booklet there if required? It's because I have large writing not that I'm writing too much :/
Reply 606
Hey what can i put in for WMM evaluation?
Reply 607
Original post by Romanoff
You're on the right lines. I'd elaborate a little more on social releasers, for example. Remember to write about 20-25 words for each points (25 x 6 = 150). This is the recommended amount of words for 6 marks (you have 81).

For example: Bowlby views that attachment is a system that has evolved to aid the survival of individuals. According to Bowlby, children have an innate drive to become attached to a caregiver and suggests that there is a specific time period which an attachment must form - this is called the critical period and Bowlby suggests that it lasts 2 ½ years. Bowlby suggests that infants are born with certain characteristics called social releasers which elicit caregiving, these include smiling/crying, etc. Furthermore, Bowlby believed that an attachment is important for protection and thus acts as a secure base, which babies can return to when threatened or in danger. Bowlby also believed that children show bias towards one individual who responds most sensitively to their social releasers - this bias is called monotropy. Lastly, Bowlby believed that an attachment creates a model for what to expect from others - this is called the internal working model which leads to the continuity hypothesis which is the view that there is a link between the early attachment relationship and later emotional behaviour. Securely attached children are more likely to be socially and emotionally competent.

Yes but what mark
Last day before the exam!

Best of luck everyone :smile:
Under 24 hours to go!
Original post by amberuniverse
What do you do if you write more than the lines they give you? Is there an additional answer booklet there if required? It's because I have large writing not that I'm writing too much :/

Yes just put up your hand and ask for more paper if you need it. Someone should come over to you and give you more.
how long is the critical period?
0-3 years
or 3/4 months?
Original post by Marli-Ruth
how long is the critical period?
0-3 years
or 3/4 months?

It's up to three years :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 613
Original post by QueenSI

The central executive is too simple. For example, a brain damage patient could successfully problem solve, however had trouble making decisions. This suggests that the central executive has different stores.
An advantage is that is it supported with research such as the dual task method by baddeley and hitch. People could successfully carry out reasoning tasks and simultaneously recite numbers. This shows that there are two separate stores to do these tasks (P.L and visuo spatial sketch pad)
Original post by QueenSI

Got lots f evidence
Can help us in identifying schizophrenic people
Most of the studies had a low ecological validity
They used case studies, so it is unique to a specific person also information was from retrospective data which it's not always true
It is modern and a continuing developing model
Vague role of central executive
Little information about Long term memory
It explains process better than MSM

(remember to elaborate)
Original post by QueenSI

Weakness: Central Executive is simplistic and vague. The model itself doesn't really explain what the central executive is, apart from being involved in attention.
Strength: Shallice and Warrington support WWM due to KF's study of a brain damaged patient impaired STM, his problem was that immediate recall of words was presented verbally but not visually. This suggests that he had an impaired articulatory loop and this is evidence supporting WMM.

If anyone has anymore, please feel free to add some.
I think the strange situation will be the 12 marker

In the multi store model I only talk about SM, STM and LTM and outiline the differences in encoding, capacity and duration. Is that enough for A01 or do I need to talk about research evidence from Peterson, Baddley and Barrick?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by saraahaley

cultural variations?
Original post by prophetkid
It's up to three years :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks Proph! :smile: Good luck to you!
Original post by saraahaley

I'm not sure strange situation on it's own can be a 12 marker?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending